Scavok 2008 Handmade Geocoins

scavok

I received one of these beefy beauties today as a gift. I don't think it's your 2008 since there's no date on the front and it has epoxy filling the front and back.

The sides don't seem to be covered with any sort of epoxy, which brings my question.... my girls love looking at my coins and taking them out of the plastic. Is this coin something they can look at, or is it one I really should keep out of their reach since it's lead?

Thanks for such a neat addition to my collection!

Naomi ;)

I received one of these beefy beauties today as a gift. I don't think it's your 2008 since there's no date on the front and it has epoxy filling the front and back.

The sides don't seem to be covered with any sort of epoxy, which brings my question.... my girls love looking at my coins and taking them out of the plastic. Is this coin something they can look at, or is it one I really should keep out of their reach since it's lead?

Thanks for such a neat addition to my collection!

Naomi :unsure:

I did spray a thin clear-coat on the coins before adding the epoxy to minimize rub-off during shipping. Never the less I would advice against handling it excessively if at all. If the girls are old enough to understand not to put it in their mouths, only hold it shortly and wash their hands afterward then it really poses very little concern (after all it is the same material fishing weights and the like are made of!). The best bet would probably be to stress that this one in particular isn't a toy and its best to not take it out of its plastic :huh:

I'm glad you like the coin, the epoxied ones are quite a gift now!

Thanks, good to know!

Caitlyn, the 2 year old, is just coin crazy and can sit and look at coins for hours, hehehe, and I do make her wash up afterwards, just wasn't sure since this one seemed to be exposed lead.

Then again, we didn't worry about lead when I was a kid and I lived :unsure:

Nice job, Scavok!

Naomi

Thanks, good to know!

Caitlyn, the 2 year old, is just coin crazy and can sit and look at coins for hours, hehehe, and I do make her wash up afterwards, just wasn't sure since this one seemed to be exposed lead.

Then again, we didn't worry about lead when I was a kid and I lived :unsure:

Nice job, Scavok!

Naomi

You got yorself an AWESOME gift there Naomi!! Scavok makes very nice coins indeed!

THANK-YOU Scavok for bringing those GREAT smiles to our faraway friends!!

Just an update:

Sales are currently suspended. I got a little too far behind to justify taking new orders (:

If you have made an order, check its status on my website. If it has not shipped yet, it will quite soon.

Thanks all!

Hello Scavok,

When will the shop be open again, 'cause i would like to order such a beautiful personal coin?

Friendly greetings,

Rian Huiberts (a.k.a. Team Van Stoffelen)

Not for a long while unfortunately. The last two orders I took have taken almost 2 months I have been so busy applying to schools, flying for interviews and preparing for the likelihood of moving. I haven't even done more than 1 cache in a week for who knows how long :lol:.

I'm out of bronze but do have a lot of copper left. Probably sometime this summer I will run another batch :unsure:

Well don't worry too much. Its not like I'll never make them again. I've got some fantastic ideas for next year's handmade coins and will definitely pound out some more of this year's as soon as I settle down:)

I'll update in this thread when the time comes, too.

Today I received some fantastic news

"Dear Applicant:

The admissions committee has reviewed your application to the School of Pharmacy and it is our pleasure to inform you of our decision to admit you to the Doctor of Pharmacy program for the fall of 2008..."

This is from my school of choice so I can drop the classes I've been taking to fulfill the requirements for my other schools and finally finish the coins a handful of you have been so patiently waiting for.

So good news for all!

Congrats. I know that has to be a great feeling. Now you know what you'll be doing for the next few years!

Which school did you get in to?

Just wondering if you're heading South to my neck of the woods.

Actually it is my first choice school, the University of Colorado so I don't have to move anywhere. I was planning on University of Washington otherwise. Unfortunately I sold a huge portion of my collection to pay for moving, but now it just goes toward books :anitongue: