Scavok 2008 Handmade Geocoins

scavok

When will the orders be opened for the Pantina effect?

I have a few fresh coins undergoing some tests to see how it goes. I know it will take at least a few days for it to have an effect and if it works well I will post some pics to see what people think. If you all like them I will go ahead and offer them for sale.

I just don't want to set anyone up for disappointment is all (:

When will the orders be opened for the Pantina effect?

I have a few fresh coins undergoing some tests to see how it goes. I know it will take at least a few days for it to have an effect and if it works well I will post some pics to see what people think. If you all like them I will go ahead and offer them for sale.

I just don't want to set anyone up for disappointment is all (:

I will continue to wait and tap my fingers until my tips are sore :D !

Ya know, Ive been seeing these for awhile...ever since you first started makin em. I really liked the simplicity and the handmade, hand struck hammertone finish. Didnt even see that you had multiple metals till now...and BOY DO THOSE LOOK NICE!!! And dang if you arnt good at gettin that lettering nice and straight!!!

I stamp all my pennies by hand and am up to 400 now. Sometimes just gettin the 10 stamps I do is hard to get em staright...Ive thrown abunch away just cause of one radical stamping!!! :D (As you can see with my #100 over thar<<<<<...But kept it cause it was the last darn stamp)

Ive also heat treated a few newer ones and it gives em a dark shiny finish...but melted a few too! :D I like the old pure copper pennies to stamp best.

Ive looked at these on here long enough...Im gettin one...Maybe 2!!! :D -OH unfinished copper for sure for the pantina aging!!!

I see you have stamped em 2008. Are the new metals gonna be your 08 coin?

Edited by 007BigD

Ya know, Ive been seeing these for awhile...ever since you first started makin em. I really liked the simplicity and the handmade, hand struck hammertone finish. Didnt even see that you had multiple metals till now...and BOY DO THOSE LOOK NICE!!! And dang if you arnt good at gettin that lettering nice and straight!!!

I stamp all my pennies by hand and am up to 400 now. Sometimes just gettin the 10 stamps I do is hard to get em staright...Ive thrown abunch away just cause of one radical stamping!!! :D (As you can see with my #100 over thar<<<<<...But kept it cause it was the last darn stamp)

Ive also heat treated a few newer ones and it gives em a dark shiny finish...but melted a few too! :D I like the old pure copper pennies to stamp best.

Ive looked at these on here long enough...Im gettin one...Maybe 2!!! :D -OH unfinished copper for sure for the pantina aging!!!

I see you have stamped em 2008. Are the new metals gonna be your 08 coin?

It is very nice to hear some people notice the little things. In smelting raw metal, pouring it molten red, hammering it out level, shaping and pulling the edges, organizing all the sales, personalizations and tracking codes, I still think getting those danged stamps straight is the hardest part!

Yes, the new metals are my 2008 coins. I am very excited about them :D

For those who missed out this past year, the lead ones are still available if you purchase all 3 (though they too will be stamped 2008).

Glad you like them :D

Edited by scavok

I have learned 5 ways not to patina a copper coin. I have learned one way to do it correctly (it looks frikkin' good) and am trying to reproduce the result.

I have not done this before and am curious what the general taste for it is. Are you looking for it to be solid green, no copper seen, or just the lettering and features green and the rest an antiqued copper look?

Chemistry class is paying off in this (though my garage stinks like chem lab) :(

Edited by scavok

The patina on copper is turning out well and on-demand.

The patina will only be sold with a clear coat (matte or glossy) since it is fragile and can chip off if banged around a little to hard. It takes some scratching to really do damage, but I'm afraid the damage rate during shipping would be too high to sell them unprotected.

Here's a picture of the back of the original coin previously photographed.

SCP.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Just a quick edit to note that the pic doesn't really do the lettering justice, it is much easier to read it in hand. I uploaded a HQ pic to the webpage. Here is a direct link (dialup warning!): HD PIC

Edited by scavok

These are amazing! I LOVE the copper coins - and (as you may have guessed) I am a big fan of handmade geocoins! Would you consider trading one of your copper coins for one or two of my new bronze tiki coins? The stars of my geocoin collection are all handmade coins, and yours would be a wonderful addition!

Mahalo,

Tiki

Just wanted to give an update. I'm having a blast on these and they are turning out great.

The bronze was supposed to be delivered today (good ol' UPS has stood me up for the 3rd time in 3 orders) so I will pick it up wednesday morning to start on those and complete the orders for sets.

Some coppers have shipped and over the next two weeks all orders received through last night will be finished and shipped.

Keep visiting the website www.scavok.com/geocoin.php for more pics and info.

(I'd like to take more pics for the patina finish, but not a single order for them yet! :blink:)

Fantastic coins again.

Could you confirm that you got my order. I completed the contact form on your website as it was a special request but I never received a confirmation or payment request.

Did you use the order form or just send an email to request an invoice?

Either way i will check this afternoon and let you know (:

Got my copper coin - it's a beauty! Don't remember, however, how to activate - did I miss it somewhere in my mind?

Glad you like it!

Same place that its sold from :D

www.scavok.com just enter the coin code and your paypal associated email address in the form on the right side of the home page and it will give you the activation code.

Here is a picture of the bronze coin with a patina. It came out quite well and is much hardier than earler attempts, my fingernail wouldn't even scratch it off.

I did this patina on a coin that was ordered but then messed up on the inscription on the edge of the coin, so just realize that it will say whatever you happen to want :lol:

Brz_Pat01.jpg

I've finally secured a supplier for some raw bulk metal and have sadly sold enough of my collection to actually buy the stuff (:

No presales yet, this is just a reservation list to see how many are up-front interested. After being totally blown away and in-over-my-head with sales on my last one, these will be made in advance. I will start making them this coming week. Again, they can be personalized.

Trackable with icon.

The price will be a shocker, I know, but they will be 1 & 3/4 in diameter and quite thick. Check the markets for copper and bronze metals and the time it takes to make the things and you will see it is justified, so please don't simply reply with "woah, too pricey for me!" :rolleyes:.

These aren't dinky plated things, ask anyone who has held one of this past years's coins!

Solid lead coin: $14.00

Solid lead coin personalized: $18.00

99.9% pure copper coin: $18.00

99.9% pure copper coin personalized: $22.00

932 alloy pure bronze coin: $24.00

932 alloy pure bronze coin personalized: $28.00

3 coin set: $52.00

3 coin set personalized: $60.00

Shipping will be determined once I have a sample to pack and weigh.

Photos will be added ASAP.

You can check up on http://www.scavok.com/geocoin.php for updates and pictures of the lead version.

Trades will be welcome only after sales cover initial costs (sorry).

I think that's everything...

Thanks!

Hey awesome pics!

Glad you liked them. Your bronze one I screwed up on the first try inscribing the edge, so I used it as the bronze patina test.

Now you'll know what yours will look like after a number of years :rolleyes:

Edited by scavok

Received the 3 personalized coin set today. Can't decide what one is my favorite. Look at the copper, think that one is fav, then the lead, then bronze. Oh, so hard to decide. Decided not to make one a favorite!

The coin comminity is so lucky to have the pleasure to have a wide variety of coin designs and options, from commercial, to truely unique handmade items such as sssoooocool pottery coins to these, another unique handcrafted item.

THANKS!

Accordiongal

I am happy you all like them so much!

Sorry for the lack of updates on order statuses this week, life just got in the way. My final exams finally ended yesterday so I will be cranking out all remaining orders by Wednesday at the latest.

All orders should be included and accessible via my website now.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions or if you absolutely need it for Christmas please email me and I'll make accommodations :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Well I did it.

All orders that were made by the Nov-29 deadline were finished and shipped this afternoon.

All the other orders I currently have will be finished and shipped over the next week or so.

Any orders made after this point will take a few weeks (you can consider them pre-orders for round #2). Once I receive enough, I will make another materials purchase in order to make them :D

Thanks all, my thumbs hurt but I'm loving it :D

I just wanted to apologize to the few of you still awaiting your coins. While the holidays are busy times, it is no excuse. I've also had some personal things come up as of late and am behind in making the coins. The next ones will be made this Sunday and all the non-patina ones will ship on Monday or Tuesday. The patina ones will follow later in the week.

Again, I'm sorry and a little embarrassed, but I will do my best to catch up ASAP!

Let me know if you have any questions or have a desire to rant :P

I just wanted to apologize to the few of you still awaiting your coins. While the holidays are busy times, it is no excuse. I've also had some personal things come up as of late and am behind in making the coins. The next ones will be made this Sunday and all the non-patina ones will ship on Monday or Tuesday. The patina ones will follow later in the week.

Again, I'm sorry and a little embarrassed, but I will do my best to catch up ASAP!

Let me know if you have any questions or have a desire to rant :lol:

No worries here...I definatley know how the holidays are!!! And then handmaking coins after work!!!...Dang Dude... :huh: I know one of the coins I made this holiday took me over 1.5 hrs just to cut the design, then there was painting and epoxyin to do after that! Stampin out a coin from raw metal by hand cant be a easy task, so I feel for ya here...Again No worries, But I still cant wait to get em!!! :huh:

Edited by 007BigD

Let me know if you have any questions or have a desire to rant B)

Oh for Pete's sake, Scavok, how the heck can you do this... I mean, the nerve, selling a product and then not having it made as soon as someone places an order...and then blaming it on the holidays...

Geez louise, such slovenly salemansship...

:P:D:D:D:DB):D:laughing:

Just playing with ya, Scavok! I don't think anyone here is gonna complain over having to wait... we all know that good things come to those who wait and these are definitely a good thing B) !

Naomi B)

your not doing the epoxy this year?

Generally not, though I guess if one were to ask for it I could work accordingly :huh:

Last year was rough with the epoxy. I'm not sure why but (even with different types) some of the time the epoxy would only cure to 90%, too soft to not scratch and just hard enough to not be able to clean it off and the coin would be ruined. Way to many coins had to be done twice (or more) for me to offer it as a standard feature this time.

Just adding a quote from the WIYMB thread since it has a very nice picture of a full 5 piece set...

My Savok handmade coins came on Monday, and this will be my first attempt at adding a photo, even if this works, there is no way it will do these coins justice!

if the photo does not show up - suggestions are appreciated so I can learn to do it right.

Scavok.jpg

Thanks Bluemotmot!