New feature request - hide archived caches

GeoMeerkats

I thought they were archived but they must be temporarily disabled. Also, how long can a cache be temporarily disabled before it is archived? There must be some sort of time limit on it.

Nope no time limit (nor should there be), if you think they have been disabled for too long log a Should Be Archived and the area reviewer will get onto it.

The disabled caches are *supposed* to show up on search lists and maps, so that they're annoying. If you see one that's been disabled for too long, write to the owner and encourage them to replace it. Or even offer to help them, if it's closer to where you live!

The listing guidelines contemplate that caches can be temporarily disabled for a "few weeks." There are always exceptions, of course, such as a park that's being renovated, an area whose access is blocked by a construction project, or a forest road that's closed for the winter.

Some reviewers go through the list of disabled caches in their territory and leave reminder notes for the owners, and then archive the long-disabled caches if no action is taken. In my area, a cache owner has about two or three months before they'll hear from me.