Regarding the Ignore List

Ascension

I'm not seeing the use of the ignore list, unless I use pocket queries, which I do not. When adding a cache to the ignore list, it states that they can be filtered out using the advanced search. Am I just not seeing how to do that? It seems like the ignore list should effect all searches, unless the user specifies otherwise.

Click on the hyperlink to go to the Advanced Search Page. You can directly access this page on the website from the main "Hide and Seek a Cache" page, after the other regular search options, or by clicking the rather tiny hyperlink at the top right of the main homepage at the bottom of the search box.

Once you construct your search on the Advanced Search Page, check the box which says "Exclude hidden/found items from results." This will filter out caches that are on your "Ignore" list.

Now, the checkbox legend really ought to say "Exclude hidden/found/ignored items from results," but that is part of the whimsey of Signal the Frog. Don't mess with the frog.

It would also be cool if the google maps cache search had an option to exclude ignored caches, just as it does found and owned caches. This would make an already fantastic feature even better. (I can't imagine I'm the first to think of/suggest this, but I did do a search of the forums and my potentially inadequate search criteria returned nothing). What do you think, Signal? :santa:

It would also be cool if the google maps cache search had an option to exclude ignored caches, just as it does found and owned caches. This would make an already fantastic feature even better. (I can't imagine I'm the first to think of/suggest this, but I did do a search of the forums and my potentially inadequate search criteria returned nothing). What do you think, Signal? :santa:

I wish it had that feature too.

I wish it had that feature too.

Third the motion. As one example, I ignore cemetery caches. But they keep showing up in my PQs and Google Maps.