PLEASE, OH PLEASE, fix the dates so I can find "in the future"

mtbikeroz

OK, I live in Australia, and so often I go to log a find for a TB/Geocoin, drop off o Geocoin or TB via a "note" or even find a TB or just write a note, I go to put in the date I AM WRITING the log on my PC (it may be 3pm in the afternoon), but your site CONTINUALLY rejects my log as saying I cant log a find/note in the future!!!!

It may be the future for somewhere in the US, BUT NOT IN AUSTRALIA, it is 3pm that AFTERNOON.

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, fix it. (It used to NOT be like this), I'm NOT asking for 3 days or the like, I'm just asking it allow me to log at MY LOCAL TIME. It used to allow me to do this some time back!

Kind regards,

mtbikeroz

Edited by mtbikeroz

Ha ha - they may have inadvertently "fixed" this issue (or made it even worse?)

I am in the U.S. and caches that say that they were found "today" on the cache list were actually all found yesterday when you look at the dates on the cache page itself. This has been the case for several weeks now. I'm not sure what is up with that... :blink:

Ha ha - they may have inadvertently "fixed" this issue (or made it even worse?)

I am in the U.S. and caches that say that they were found "today" on the cache list were actually all found yesterday when you look at the dates on the cache page itself. This has been the case for several weeks now. I'm not sure what is up with that... :unsure:

Yes this sort of thing is still happening. Some caches I found 2 days ago that have not been visited by anyone since that day are all showing up as found Yesterday.

But I think the posting is refering to the geocaching calendar which has not worked since the world ended last month. Specifically October 8 to be exact. Suspiciously the day of, or the day before, an important Jeremy announcement that I assume is still in force.

Actually the geocaching event calendar appears to work.

http://www.geocaching.com/calendar/Default.aspx

But you can't use it to find out when the first geocaching event occurred, or to find old events that you might have gone to if you knew about events a few years ago...

The calendar that ended is in your profile when you click on Geocaches or Travel Bugs (but not Mine of either, that is).

http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx

http://www.geocaching.com/my/travelbugs.aspx

P.S. It would be nice, in any calendar, to have an up arrow and down arrow to allow one to go forward or back a year at a time, like the left and right arrow that allows you to go forward or back a month at a time.

Edited by trainlove

OK, I live in Australia, and so often I go to log a find for a TB/Geocoin, drop off o Geocoin or TB via a "note" or even find a TB or just write a note, I go to put in the date I AM WRITING the log on my PC (it may be 3pm in the afternoon), but your site CONTINUALLY rejects my log as saying I cant log a find/note in the future!!!!

It may be the future for somewhere in the US, BUT NOT IN AUSTRALIA, it is 3pm that AFTERNOON.

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, fix it. (It used to NOT be like this), I'm NOT asking for 3 days or the like, I'm just asking it allow me to log at MY LOCAL TIME. It used to allow me to do this some time back!

Kind regards,

mtbikeroz

I'll document this and hopefully we'll have a fix for you in a reasonable amount of time. If we can't do something fancy like determine which timezone you're in, we may just allow for "future logs" of one day.

OpinioNate - If we can't do something fancy like determine which timezone you're in, we may just allow for "future logs" of one day.

That IS ALL we are asking - the ONE day.

IT USED to ALLOW us the one day - WHO and or WHAT broke the system?

NOTE - There are quite a few Aussies that are getting REALLY ANGRY with this BUSTED feature.

PLEASE, PLEASE fix it - Thanks.

<snip>

<snip>

ummmm ... any chance you could post the next winning Powerball lottery numbers? I'll share. :lol:

Seriously - I often wondered how this worked (or didn't) for folks in your situation. Hope you get it resolved.