Loading cashes on my GPS

Royalott

I have a new Garmin GPSMap 60 CSx and have a problem. I try t load my cashes on it and they always go to the waypoints folder and not the GPS folder. I am told there is a way to get them in the right folder but I don't see the option. I am using GSAK for loading them. I also have GEOBUddy and it puts them the same place.

What is the trick?? :rolleyes:

It is not entirely clear what you mean. If I had to guess, I'd say that you mean you uploaded geocache waypoints into your GPSr but it does not recognize them as geocaches. The GPS itself does not have folders in the normal sense.

If that is a correct guess then ensure that the icons you are uploading with match the Main Menu | Setup | Geocache | Find icon in your GPS.

Or it could mean that you are attempting to load waypoints into your GPSrs card to find; that will not work in the way you intend. But cards can have folders so perhaps that is what you mean.

Edited by fratermus

It is not entirely clear what you mean. If I had to guess, I'd say that you mean you uploaded geocache waypoints into your GPSr but it does not recognize them as geocaches. The GPS itself does not have folders in the normal sense.

If that is a correct guess then ensure that the icons you are uploading with match the Main Menu | Setup | Geocache | Find icon in your GPS.

Or it could mean that you are attempting to load waypoints into your GPSrs card to find; that will not work in the way you intend. But cards can have folders so perhaps that is what you mean.

Nope, with this GPS you can load them into Waypoints or geocache. They should go into geocache but I can not find a way to designate this. I am also asking on the Garmin forums but knew this gps was used by posters to these forums.

With mine I hit the Find button and it takes you to a page with 7 options. One is Waypoints- that is where they are going and the other is geocache- which I am told they should be going.

I am having almost exactly the same problem. Mine is the same model and will not accept any downloads in either location. About a month ago, it worked perfectly. When I click on "send to GPS", it says "GPS not found". Otherwise, it seems to work fine. Is this a website problem or my GPS?

I tried the Garmin site, but every time I used my Northern Mich. zipcode it gave me the same list of caches in the Kansas City, Mo area.

Nope, with this GPS you can load them into Waypoints or geocache.

Nope, they are waypoints and are loaded as waypoints. Only the waypoint icon and the icon setting in Main Menu | Setup | Geocache | Find menu option I demonstrated above dictate which waypoints show up as Geocaches under Find | Geocache. Traditionally, most people use the closed treasure chest icon as the "find" icon.

They should go into geocache but I can not find a way to designate this. I am also asking on the Garmin forums but knew this gps was used by posters to these forums.

There is no Geocache folder or place to go "into". That is a special screen that shows the subset of waypoints it believes are geocaches. Again, this is based on the information in Main Menu | Setup | Geocache | Find.

With mine I hit the Find button and it takes you to a page with 7 options. One is Waypoints- that is where they are going and the other is geocache- which I am told they should be going.

They do not go there, and they will not be going there. They display there, if present, because the geocache waypoint icons match the set up in Main Menu | Setup | Geocache | Find.

I am having almost exactly the same problem. Mine is the same model and will not accept any downloads in either location. About a month ago, it worked perfectly. When I click on "send to GPS", it says "GPS not found". Otherwise, it seems to work fine. Is this a website problem or my GPS?

I tried the Garmin site, but every time I used my Northern Mich. zipcode it gave me the same list of caches in the Kansas City, Mo area.

That is a different problem, and usually involves reinstalling the Garmin USB driver.

I have a new Garmin GPSMap 60 CSx and have a problem. I try t load my cashes on it and they always go to the waypoints folder and not the GPS folder. I am told there is a way to get them in the right folder but I don't see the option. I am using GSAK for loading them. I also have GEOBUddy and it puts them the same place.

What is the trick?? -_-

Have you downloaded .gpx files either directly from the cache pages or from Pocket Queries to send to your GPSr, or are you sending .loc files to your GPSr?

I want to thank everyone for their help. My problems was that I had the wrong icon for the unfound cashes. I changed it and everything is fine. At least with that problem.

You are a very helpful bunch. Thanks again

I solved my similar problem by simply changing the USB port that my cable was connected to. The downloads now go into the geocache file!