bridge cache

Sirrus123

What kind of bridge did you have in mind? Caches that are on, under or near "highway bridges" are prohibited by the "Off Limits" section of the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines. If you haven't read the Guidelines yet, I'd suggest starting there.

There's been plenty of unpleasant stories involving bomb squads, law enforcement officers and so forth when caches are placed in locations like an interstate highway bridge or a major overpass on a city artery route. If that's what you were thinking, choose another spot.

On the other hand, a cache on a pedestrian bridge in a park or on a covered bridge out in the countryside can be a great hide. Rivers and streams are pretty places. One would expect to see pedestrians poking around at these locations.

What kind of bridge did you have in mind? Caches that are on, under or near "highway bridges" are prohibited by the "Off Limits" section of the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines. If you haven't read the Guidelines yet, I'd suggest starting there.

There's been plenty of unpleasant stories involving bomb squads, law enforcement officers and so forth when caches are placed in locations like an interstate highway bridge or a major overpass on a city artery route. If that's what you were thinking, choose another spot.

On the other hand, a cache on a pedestrian bridge in a park or on a covered bridge out in the countryside can be a great hide. Rivers and streams are pretty places. One would expect to see pedestrians poking around at these locations.

Keystone's answer is better than the one I gave you - bridges ARE ok, but only if they are bridges that are ok... :rolleyes: