Another map issue

terri and billy

With all the map issues that I see in this forum, this issue has probably been addressed before but after a half hour of looking, I give up.

My friends, family and I love to geocache. It's not unusual that before we hit the door we do a quick look to where we're going to see if there is a cache nearby that we haven't found. So today, my husband and I are heading to Waldorf, Md which is about 40 miles away. I don't need the caches on the route as 1) we have most of them and 2) this is not a caching trip but a quick run to get Cub Scout stuff for our grandson. So, as usual I go to hide/seek a cache, use the nifty new see by address, hit find and get a map about 10 miles away from where I'm heading! At least I recognized one of the road names and knew it was northeast of where I wanted and was able to redirect the map.

Now, comes the hard part......where the heck are the caches. Use to be move the map around and the caches would appear. Now, it's refresh for every little move? How stupid is that! I don't have all day to figure out where the caches are. I do have things to do and places to go which is why I need to know where the caches are now, not in an hour or two when I finally get enough refreshes done to find all the caches we haven't found plus where they are and hope I didn't miss any by not matching up all the silly maps while refreshing.

No offence, but I don't like these new maps. I have enough trouble doing queries when we're going on a trip or doing a day of caching. It only takes two or three of us to get it done correctly and then even though two of us have made the same query, we don't always have the same list of caches!

Can we please have our old maps back?

Terri

seems like every other topic is about maps. Can we get these consolidated?

I was just thinking about this right before i saw your post.

However, i'm not replying to state that we need to consolidate threads. I'm replying to state that, with all these negative forum posts, that there are problems with these maps. I agree that the maps are nice, when they work. But i will also say that they only work correctly for me about 25% of the time. I'm using IE7 with DSL which i would guess is one of the most common configurations. I too vote that we bring back the old maps, at least until the bugs get worked out of these.

I agree ! Bring back the old maps until the bugs can be worked out. I was going to see if there are any close to where I will be this morning. I went to the maps and put in the zip code. It went there but got the parching caches icon and that was it. So NO GEOCACHING FOR ME TODAY! :lol:

I use XP IE 7 and cable