Cointest for the newest Mackey Made It

Frozen Buns

I guess I'll give a shot at another guess.

Sex: Boy

DOB: Nov 23rd (like my first guess.. it's just such a good day)

TOB: 6:50pm (a very good time indeed)

Weight: 9lbs 10oz (who really wants a 10lb toddler? but hey, you said Chris was almost a 10lb baby, and well I chose the weight my son was when he was born) <_<

Length: 20 inches

Since we haven't heard that's she's in labor yet and my first guess is in a few minutes I will try another one

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : boy

Date of Birth: November 22, 2007

Time of Birth: 4:17 pm Middle of dinner!! <_<

Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 21.5 inches

First babies aren't often early or on time.... much to their mommy's dismay, lol!

Hope she's hanging in there and trying to get some rest! It's the last rest she's gonna be getting for a while, hehehe! Heck, Caitlyn is 18 months old and I still have nights where I don't get to sleep through the night a couple of times a week, lol!

Naomi <_<

First babies aren't often early or on time.... much to their mommy's dismay, lol!

Hope she's hanging in there and trying to get some rest! It's the last rest she's gonna be getting for a while, hehehe! Heck, Caitlyn is 18 months old and I still have nights where I don't get to sleep through the night a couple of times a week, lol!

Naomi <_<

I would have to disagree.

My first son was born exactly on the due date, my second son was born 12 days early and my 3rd son was 8 days early.

but I would agree that its hard to predict.

Naomi <_<

I would have to disagree.

My first son was born exactly on the due date, my second son was born 12 days early and my 3rd son was 8 days early.

but I would agree that its hard to predict.

Lucky me, my first born was 2 days early and my second born was almost 2 weeks early <_< Not that I would have wanted them to "bake" any longer than they already had (9lbs 10oz and 8lbs 2oz)

That's why I said "not often" instead of never <_<

You'll were lucky! That extended baking period is soooooo anxiety filled, lol!

Naomi <_<

PS... Caitlyn was a most agreeable babe...and still is, actually! She came the day before her due date :), but then again, she was my second, the first took her sweet time and had to be coaxed out with the hormone of Satan, Pitocin!

In the hospital where I work, it's fairly uncommon for a Mom to go past 39 weeks. Especially if the doctor is expecting the baby to be larger than about 8 pounds.

Wish i had gone to your hospital. My first was 15 days overdue and weighed in at 10 lbs 1/4 oz. ouch <_<

In the hospital where I work, it's fairly uncommon for a Mom to go past 39 weeks. Especially if the doctor is expecting the baby to be larger than about 8 pounds.

WOW! Do they induce/section that often in the US? Here in Sweden they let the mamma's go to week 42, then they start doing an US every few days to check on the growth and fluid to make sure there is adequate. They don't even start to think about inducing until after week 42. I watch the labor clinic on tv a lot, is it really common to do a full epidural there, too, where the woman can't walk? They only do walking epi's here, so we still feel things, just not as much. The women on tv with their epi's seem to feel almost nothing and have to be told when to push.

Amazing how different it is from country to country ;)

Naomi :D

lot, is it really common to do a full epidural there, too, where the woman can't walk? They only do walking epi's here, so we still feel things, just not as much.

Naomi :D

I will tell you that with Chris I didn't hardly have time to get to the delivery room, they ran me down the hall, and I had him 5 minutes later, then they told me to get up and walk down to my room. ;) Only years later did I find out that they usually use the gurney or a wheelchair. I guess they figured if I could deliver a 9lb. 12.5 oz baby I could walk...

Told Chris today that the baby is going to smell his turkey cooking and want to join the them for dinner, Moun10Girl said she could start contractions but she wasn't going anywhere till after she eats dinner AND gets her desserts.

:D :D :D I could only picture a Turkey with the sensor popping out to say, "I'm Ready" take me out. :D

Full moon on the 24th,

:anibad::ph34r::P I could only picture a Turkey with the sensor popping out to say, "I'm Ready" take me out. :P

Full moon on the 24th,

OMG, that mental picture is just TOO funny... not to mention a little bizarre, lolol!

I'm kind of like Cherie, my due date was the 24th of May and my b-day is the 22nd, I SWORE that I was gonna superglue bits closed if I went into labor on my b-day! I am selfish, I admit it, I didn't want to share my b-day with anyone, lol! Thankfully, I didn't begin labor until about 4am the next morning.

It was similar with Caitlyn, got to the hospital at 9:10 and she was out at 9:30. There was an hour taxiride to the hospital, you could see the taxidriver getting a bit on the nervous side the last 10 minutes or so, lol! He started to take all the shortcuts he knew, including driving on the wrong side of the road!

I was up and in the shower about 20 minutes after Cait made her appearance, I don't think a shower has ever felt as good as that one did!

Ahhh...I'm broody now gotta stop this baby talk, lol!

Go Cherie, Go Cherie, Go Cherie! *baby dust and quick labor vibes going your way!*

Since we haven't heard that's she's in labor yet and I'm off on a trip to Grnadma's house (200 miles) I will hazard another guess

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : boy

Date of Birth: November 24, 2007

Time of Birth: 4:17 pm

Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 21.5 inches

Trying again since my guess has passed

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : girl

Date of Birth: November 27, 2007

Time of Birth: 12:59 pm

Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 21.3 inches

Edited because my fingers went faster than my brain for the date, changed to a future date. Thanks for pointing it out or I wouldn't have noticed.

Edited by bearly_sane

Sex of baby: boy

Date of Birth: November 23, 2007

Time of Birth: 1:36am

Weight: 9 lbs 7 oz

Length: 20 inches

My baby was born 3 days past due date, at a whopping 10 pounds. I am ashamed to say I was relieved to be doped up to my eyeballs and couldn't feel a thing when he was cut out of me :laughing:

In Australia they also wait until you are 42 weeks pregnant before they induce.

Edited by Cheesy pigs

NO MORE POSTINGS will qualify as they are

HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL at 1:10 AM east coast time,

Chris just called me and said contractions are about 4 min. apart,

I will keep everyone posted.

Excited and shaking LOL :huh: while Chris seems nice and calm, bet that won't last :laughing:

Edited by Frozen Buns

don't forget the camera... we gotta see chris' face first time he holds 'her'!!! Cherie's too!! can't wait to see if i get a nephew or niece... yay!!

ha! hey mousekakat, first time i ever heard of a taxidriver not trying to take the scenic route...

Congradulations C+C, praying it goes smooth as silk!!

MAN, I can't beliece it she STILL HASN'T had it :laughing:

Chris just called with a very quick update, babys heart is great, just hanging there making us all wait. Oh, the Drama...

Cheries reg Dr. is away for a week and she was worried that she would get the REALLY cute young male Dr. and guess what, she did, Has had an epie so Chris is laughing cause she is like, oh, my legs are just tingly and I am so glad I don't have my glasses on cause now I can't see the Dr. :huh: .

He was laughing...says he will call back, just wanted to give me a quick update,

Guess I forget not all babies come as fast as mine ;)

Say a prayer, I want the little squirt to come out and play...

I hope the little one decided to come out soon.

When my wife went into labor with our third son (may 25,2007) it went very fast, in fact so fast that the doc didn't have time to give her the epidural, so it was a natural birth.

However it made recovery much quicker, but they still kept her and baby in the hospital for 3 days! almost unheard of these days. with our first 2 she was out within 24 hours.

the reason for the longer stay was since the delivery was so fast they didn't have time to give antibiotics to her and the baby since she tested positive for group b strep before delivery, so they wanted to watch the baby a few days.

Edited by Nero

WE HAVE A BABY :D:P:):D

Cheri delivered a BOY at 11:43 East Coast time, weighed 8 lbs 1.5 oz and is 20.5 inches long, tall and skinny like his daddy was ::P

His name is Alexander William Mackey and Chris says they will call him Zander or Xander. I forgot to ask the spelling with all the excitement.

With Chris' love of Medieval stories, books and designs as well as Celtic designs he really liked Alexander the Great. Forgot to ask what the girls name was going to be. oh well, will post it later :)

Edited by Frozen Buns

WE HAVE A BABY :D:P:):D

Cheri delivered a BOY at 11:43 East Coast time, weighed 8 lbs 1.5 oz and is 20.5 inches long, tall and skinny like his daddy was ::P

His name is Alexander William Mackey and Chris says they will call him Zander or Xander. I forgot to ask the spelling with all the excitement.

Congrat's to Mom, Dad, and family. Welcome to Alexander :)

With Chris' love of Medieval stories, books and designs as well as Celtic designs he really liked Alexander the Great. Forgot to ask what the girls name was going to be. oh well, will post it later :P

With Chris' love of Medieval stuff and great artwork, maybe we will see a new, Medieval, Zander-the-Great, geocoin soon!