Cointest for the newest Mackey Made It

Frozen Buns

Well in honor of my November baby that was due on the 12th and finally was forced out on the 22nd of November! :rolleyes: A thanksgiving baby. This year is only the 2nd time the birthday has fallen on Thanksgiving again.

Sex of baby Boy

Date of Birth:11/22/07

Time of Birth: 4;47

Weight:7lb 8 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker):19 1/2 inches.

4:47 am or pm?

Moun10Girl is Nesting today, will have to have Chris get her the laptop so she can read your fun guesses...

thanks everyone keep them coming :o

:oCongratulations!!! ;)

Sex of baby : Girl

Date of Birth: December 2nd, 2007

Time of Birth: 10:23 AM

Weight: 8lb 3oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 16 inches

;):rolleyes:;)

A little butterball ;)

HA, Chris aka Fox-and-the-Hound weighed 9lbs, 12.5 oz. I was lucky, had him in an hour and a half start to finish, Hope Moun10Girl is as lucky :D

Edited by Frozen Buns

Congratulations! And thanks for the contest.

I vote that PengoFamily gets another shot at the weight.

That pound to kilo, time change, time zone, altitude, longitude and latitude thing can be a bear sometimes.

I agree, think I should PM them? :rolleyes::o

I edited my post to read 9 lbs instead of 19...that's what I meant...DOH!!!!

AlmostReady.jpg

Cherie, aka Moun10Girl had a few pains this morning so we are on standby :ph34r:

Said she is more than ready, Chris aka Fox-and-the-Hound jumps every time his phone rings, really having fun hearing them talk about being/getting ready.

Keep the guesses coming, have another coin to add to the cointest :ph34r: :ph34r:

:ph34r: Wow. I'm stickin with my guess.. Just wanted to say that's a smile of one happy momma to be!!! I hope nothing but the best for the whole family. Any potential names yet? Male and/or female... :ph34r:

They are doing everything the old fashioned way, didn't want to know the sex and they have names all picked out but won't say anything to anyone other than traditional for the first name and family name for the middle. Say they won't even tell that as they don't want anyone trying to change their minds and or make comments. I just told them more power to them :ph34r: Just as long as their are enjoying every momnet.

Congratulations!!! Is this their first baby? This is such a fun cointest!

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : boy

Date of Birth: November 20, 2007

Time of Birth: 4:17 pm

Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 21.5 inches

Yep. played, traveled and had fun then saw the big #% coming and got down to busineww :ph34r: they want to get pregnant again withen 6 months or so and that way the children will be 1 1/2 years apart, they were with their siblings and liked having someone to grow up with.

The nursery is ready and the hospital bag is by the door :ph34r: enven though due date is the 28th

I will post when she goes into labor so everyone can have a second chance if their numbers are too far off the mark...

:ph34r::D :D Patiently waiting, typed as my foot is tapping a rythem on the floor :lol:

Congrats!!! :ph34r: Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : GIRL

Date of Birth:November 23

Time of Birth: 4:12 p.m.

Weight: 7lbs 7oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker):21 inches

Thanks for the contest

Don't know how I missed such a fun thread!

Dad's a retired OB doc & he'd have a cow if I didn't guess on this one.

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : Boy (hey, I've got 5 so I'm just playin the odds

Date of Birth:November 28 (Trust the doctor... trust the doctor)

Time of Birth: 00: 35 (go into labor the evening before her due date... pop the little guy out in the wee hours of the morning...)

Weight: 7lbs 6oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker):20.5 inches

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : girl

Date of Birth: November 23, 2007

Time of Birth: 08:10 am

Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 20.1 inches

A doting father used to sing his little children to sleep until he overheard the four-year-old tell the three-year-old, "If you pretend you're asleep, he stops."

Edited by _c3_

Don't know if anyone has already guessed these but here goes:

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : Girl

Date of Birth: November 22 (even more to be thankful for on Thanksgiving)

Time of Birth: 11:59 a.m.

Weight: 8 lbs 5.5 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 21.5 inches

Congrats to you all for your wonderful gift.

How is Cherie feeling? Did her pains resolve or was it just a little teaser for grandma... :(

The pains slowly dissipated over the course of the day on Wednesday and it's been quite since then. Baby is very active, but Cher isn't getting much more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time due to bathroom breaks, pillow adjustments and the kiddo kicking her ribs when it's bored. I jump everytime the phone rings now and have big, black circles around my eyes, but loving every minute of it so far :laughing:

How is Cherie feeling? Did her pains resolve or was it just a little teaser for grandma... :laughing:

The pains slowly dissipated over the course of the day on Wednesday and it's been quite since then. Baby is very active, but Cher isn't getting much more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time due to bathroom breaks, pillow adjustments and the kiddo kicking her ribs when it's bored. I jump everytime the phone rings now and have big, black circles around my eyes, but loving every minute of it so far :(

Those black circles around your eyes are going to last a long time after your baby is born. Sleep??? What is that? :laughing:

The pains slowly dissipated over the course of the day on Wednesday and it's been quite since then. Baby is very active, but Cher isn't getting much more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time due to bathroom breaks, pillow adjustments and the kiddo kicking her ribs when it's bored. I jump everytime the phone rings now and have big, black circles around my eyes, but loving every minute of it so far :(

She can't sleep NOW? Tell her she'd better, because once the baby arrives, there might be no extended periods of sleep for her for a few months, and I mean that literally. Neither one of my kids slept through the night until they were almost a year old, and to this day (years later) they still don't sleep much at all. If she's going to nurse the baby the old-fashioned way (no bottle, ever), she will have to do all of the wake-ups by herself like I did. Of course, it's all worth it in the end. Mmmm...baby hair smell...there's nothing in the world as wonderful as that! Good luck with the labor and delivery!

She can't sleep NOW? Tell her she'd better, because once the baby arrives, there might be no extended periods of sleep for her for a few months, and I mean that literally. Neither one of my kids slept through the night until they were almost a year old, and to this day (years later) they still don't sleep much at all. If she's going to nurse the baby the old-fashioned way (no bottle, ever), she will have to do all of the wake-ups by herself like I did. Of course, it's all worth it in the end. Mmmm...baby hair smell...there's nothing in the world as wonderful as that! Good luck with the labor and delivery!

And that is exactly why we ended up co-sleeping! I was the type who was vehemently opposed to it, then we had Cait...who absolutely refused to sleep alone and would scream until she first barfed and then keep going until she was hoarse and then would keep going with a scratchy, whispery scream! She's also the reason why we ended up buying and using a hotsling and wearing her almost all day long. This little one wanted mamma or pappa holding her!

And you know what? I'm so glad! We didn't do it with her big sister and I wish we had! It's so cozy and we still do it in the mornings when she wakes up. She gets her morning bottle in bed with us and spends the morning with us cuddling and kissing us and babytalking with us and it's sooo special!

Ahhh, I miss having a tiny baby, but I'm sure loving my 18 month old!

:laughing:

Naw, You just make dad get baby bring it to you feed it and then give back to dad to tuck in. :(

I do remember looking at my spouse about week 3 and thinking I would kill you for 8 hours sleep. LOL!

He is still alive. My kids all started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. I was lucky. Well, maybe not, they were born practically toddlers!

Can't wait to hear the good news! SHe has to wait till next Thursday though!

And that is exactly why we ended up co-sleeping! I was the type who was vehemently opposed to it, then we had Cait...who absolutely refused to sleep alone and would scream until she first barfed and then keep going until she was hoarse and then would keep going with a scratchy, whispery scream! She's also the reason why we ended up buying and using a hotsling and wearing her almost all day long. This little one wanted mamma or pappa holding her!

That's what we ended up doing too. It was great for me and the baby, but my husband is a very heavy sleeper (let's just say that of the dog were to gnaw his foot off in the middle of the night, he probably would not notice until he tried to stand up in the morning), so for the baby's safety, he had to move out of the bed for about a year. He wasn't too pleased, but we both felt strongly that the baby's needs came first, so that's what we had to do. We had a crib in the room for a few minutes of "parent" time, but other than that, Little Whistler came first! Ahh...babies are great!

(Edited to add a necessary word.)

Edited by whistler & co.

First CONGRATS!!!

Sex of baby (we don't know yet) : Girl

Date of Birth: November 27

Time of Birth: 6:15am

Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz

Length (will be used for a tie breaker): 19 inches

The 27th is my wife's birthday, she was born on turkey day 1975.

Baby's are fun, ours will be 6 months old in 7 days. my wife still doesn't sleep the night through, but at least i sleep better now that she takes the baby down stairs for middle of the night feedings. (i work early mornings, she is stay at home mom)

OK, well; i just been given the word: post!

Since Frozen Buns is my sis, and my nephew is on the way it is incumbent upon me to hazard a guess (tho i know nothing about babies)... so, Uncle Snidly53 is venturing forth with a wild guess, at best...

Sex: Girl, only because FB's other son already has two boys...

Date: Nov 22nd, because good things are supposed to happen on thanksgiving

Time: 3:33 a.m. (it never happens when it would be convenient)

Weight: 9 lbs., 2 oz. (sorry Moun10Girl, but we are of hardy stock)

Length: 18.25 inches (don't worry, she'll be skinny later)

Shame they're 1000's of miles away from me, (i'm in AK), no telling when i'll actually get to see her other than virtually...

i'm going to call her 'Moun10Kit' until she is dubbed otherwise by C+C... (hey, it's better than Moun10Pup) although if it's a boy... hmmm

Congrats C+C and here's praying it goes smoother than ever imagined...

:blink:

I'll hazard a guess too.

My son and his wife did the old fashioned thing with the sex of the baby kept secret til she was born. It was fun! Congratulations to all concerned!

Sex: Girl

Date: I'll be the one that goes late...Dec. 1

Time: 0021

Weight: 6 lbs. 11 oz.

Length: 20 1/2 inches

Hope I am right, but regardless, I hope and pray all goes well for you!

Thanks, anne