How Do You Change Cache Type?

alienbogey

I have a multi-cache that I want to change to a traditional in order to get more action at the cache. When I go to "edit listing" the cache "type" menu is grayed out - I can't change the type.

So....how can I change the type? A note to the reviewer to unlock the type menu? Archive the cache and submit a whole new listing?

Thanks in advance.

A note to the reviewer to unlock the type menu?

A "reviewer note" log type on the cache page won't reach the reviewer unless they happen to watching your cache. The only special quality of a reviewer note is that it auto-archives on publication. After publication it's just a log on the page.

The reviewer cannot unlock the type menu for you - but they can change the type.

Please don't even ask. You should archive your hide and start with a new GCxxxxx.

As others have noted, if you change your multi to a traditional, it will retroactively change the stats of all previous finders. This is rude.

ooookay. I adopted an old multi cache a while back. I cut off the legs and made it a traditional. I asked the reviewer to change it and they did. No one told me I was breaking some cardinal rule of caching before or after the change.

Edit: removal of some unnecessary angst.

Edited by BlueDeuce
Please don't do it. The few finders have said very good things about your multi. If you want "action", place a Micro at Wal-Mart. Some of the best caches get the fewest visitors. Also this is a very high traffic muggle area. More "action" might just compromise the hide.
I agree. Hide another cache and keep the multi! :laughing: Edited by TrailGators
Just send an email to your local reviewer. They'll make the change for you.

Another reviewer who won't change a cache type.

Like briansnat said, it's a totally different cache when you change the type like that, why should it have the same listing? In BD's cache, what's the point in adopting a cache just to change it? :laughing: All previous finders found a multi-cache and to change that you change the history of the cache (when the most common reason people like to adopt old caches is to preserve that history!)

Anyhow, off my soapbox. Back to your regularly scheduled programming! :)

edit: stinkin' Quiggle fingers hit an extra key

Edited by Quiggle

Guess not. :laughing:

The cache in question Millrock Schoolhouse

Four leg multi - micros in the woods. Turned it into a kid's cache.

I guess I was giving advice based on past experience. :)

Start from the beginning.

Nope but almost.

What the point of adopting a cache if you are going to change it. It messes with the point of adopting a cache in the first place.

Because good is not a concept it's a reality. Read the logs.

Nope but almost.

What the point of adopting a cache if you are going to change it. It messes with the point of adopting a cache in the first place.

And let's go back to another point that really chaps my behind. - Reviewers won't allow it. Could you folks get a consensus so people who try to provide a good cache aren't blame for offending the delicate sensibility of the history of a cache?

Guess not. :laughing:

The cache in question Millrock Schoolhouse

Four leg multi - micros in the woods. Turned it into a kid's cache.

I guess I was giving advice based on past experience. :)

Start from the beginning.

Nope but almost.

Because good is not a concept it's a reality. Read the logs.

You and I are off topic. I sent you a PM.

Sorry everyone.

You and I are off topic. I sent you a PM.

Sorry everyone.

Was it? I was reading the direction the thread was going as:

Q: How Do You Change Cache Type?

A: You don't because {insert further discussion here}

Anyways, question looks like it was answered, is further discussion off topic? If so, it can get closed, eh?

If not, I vote for Michael & BD to come back...

But I don't think I get a vote... :laughing:

But I don't think I get a vote...
Nope you don't because election day was last Tuesday. :laughing:

I would like to apologize to BD for seemingly jumping on him for bad advice he was given It was not his fault that the cache was change. One if the reasons I wanted to complete the conversation in private.

BlueDeuce I was wrong and I apologize. You did nothing wrong because you asked your reviewer and they granted your request.

Michael

Edited by Michael