puzzle multicache

Sirrus123

would it be okay to make a cache where on the cache page, it has a picture hint with the coordinates for the first cache and a picture hint for the coordinates and other info, and then when you found the first cache, it had coordinate for the next cache, and so on.

if so, what would it be filed under?

I have one like this, and listed it as a mystery cache.

"Mystery or Puzzle Caches

The “catch-all” of cache types, this form of cache often involves complicated puzzles that you will first need to solve in order to determine the coordinates. The information needed to solve the puzzle must be available to the general caching community and the puzzle should be solvable from the information provided on the cache page... For many caches of this type, the coordinates listed are not of the actual cache location but a general reference point, such as a nearby parking location. Unless a good reason otherwise can be provided, the posted coordinates should be no more than 1-2 miles (2-3 kilometres) away from the true cache location. This allows the cache to show up on the proper vicinity searches and to keep the mileage of Trackables that find their way into the cache reasonably correct.

If you choose to submit a cache of this type please give as much detailed information as possible to the reviewer when you submit the cache. Report the coordinates for the actual cache location and any other relevant stages or clues using the “Additional Waypoints” feature. The reviewer may still need more information before publishing the cache. Please cooperate with these requests."

Here is one that took some time setting up. It sounds like what You are talking about. Chievres I took an arial picture of an area then circled prominate features on the picture. I went to those areas and took close up pictures of where to look. You had to find 6 points without a GPSr. The add the points into a real grid location and find the cache.

I want to do this cache again for the area I am in now.

Team Cabear

what i was kind of thinking of was to have a picture that will somehow (you have to figure it out) have the combo to a lock on it, and then beneath that it will have the coordinates in a picutre.

then you go there, unlock the lock, solve another puzzle that depending on how you solve it, will lead you to one of 5 locations within about a mile of eachother where only one has the second leg of the cache.

the from there, you get the coordinates for going somewhere where you have to write down information (i.e. number of stones or length of something) to get the coordinates for the next leg, where you just get the coordinates, and then you go to final geocache.

puzzle multi mystery cache everybody, please hold your appluase.

would it be okay to make a cache where on the cache page, it has a picture hint with the coordinates for the first cache and a picture hint for the coordinates and other info, and then when you found the first cache, it had coordinate for the next cache, and so on.

if so, what would it be filed under?

This Cache is set up exactly like what you're asking about. It's classed as a Mystery.