The Travel Penguin

OshnDoc

Announcing

"The Travel Penguin"

A few weeks ago I had an idea for a Christmas themed coin shaped as a Gift Tag. To be trackable and affordable enough that one could really use this coin as a gift tag and share the fun of geocaching and geocoins. I came up with a design for this coin and CoinsandPins took it and are currently offering it it for $4.59 per coin.

trvl-penguin-gld-315.gif

trvl-penguin-nic-315.gif

Personally I think that this a great price for a fully trackable coin, but again that is my personal opinion. (Hopefully, if orders climb to 250 pieces, it even will get its own icon. I will do my best to push it to that limit if it gets close in numbers).

The coins is currently in preorder on C&P's website until November 15.

A little bit more to the design:

This penguin is flying a sled with his bag of cache goodies. (If you remember my Top40 coin (?) ---->, it has the same penguin on it). This geocoin is perfect for placing on gifts, hanging as ornaments, or traveling in caches (or maybe for Secret Santa Missions ?).

penguin-on-gift-250.jpgpenguin-back-exe-250.jpg

Low cost was a factor to provide an affordable alternative to conventional holiday geocoins. These are fully colored on one side and epoxy coated for durability. The back is smooth and has "To:" and "From:" already added. You can write names on the back with a permanent marker and give them with presents. You can also laminate a mission to it for traveling in caches. A 3" chain is included so you can use these as travelers, ornaments, or collector pieces.

This coin is available in both polished gold and nickel finishes. There are also two different versions: one that says "Merry Christmas" and another that says "Happy Holidays".

• 1.5" high
  • Colored and epoxy coated
  • 2-D design
  • 3" chain included
  • Trackable on Geocaching.com
  • If enough are ordered then it will have its own icon; otherwise it will have its own line item when you log a find or discovery
  • Activation codes can be retrieved at Coincodes.com once the coins are produced.

Ohhhh, me wants, me wants!

Dear Santa...

I've been such a good girl this year...at least I've tried to be :). Please bring me one of these coins and one of those cute little gingerbread man ones and the stained glass Christmas one and the mystery purdy purple coin that is coming out and and and.... ohhh, Santa, there's so many out there that I want!

Please Santa, please!

Love,

Naomi... who actually, honestly, still believes!

Edited by mousekakat

Just found this thread today, and saw the clever (and adorable) gift tag coin. Has anyone taken this idea and adapted it to another gift tag concept, like birthdays, or generic "thank yous" or whatever? It is sich a great idea, and I missed this set this year. Next year, I'm starting to shop in September... :(