Predicament and need help!

Nochipra

Well, we joined the ranks of new geocoin designers with the help of coinsandpins.com: :mad: Here is a link to the new Naughty Or Nice Coins we helped inspire with the help of their artists. Have fun with it by flipping the coin to see which list you are on :laughing: You may even want to ask geocacher Orobus if he would wire wrap it for you to use as a tree ornament which is what I am considering? He does such great work on them.

http://www.coinsandpins.com/product_info.p...products_id=355

http://www.coinsandpins.com/product_info.p...products_id=356

Hope you like them:)

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

DON'T FORGET TO ORDER YOUR NAUGHTY OR NICE COIN(S) BEFORE FRIDAY, NOV 16 OR YOU COULD MISS OUT! Coins and Pins is going to determine whether to keep this coin on sale for another couple weeks based on sales on Friday, so if you don't have yours now you could lose out? Already over 100 have been pre-ordered! So if your interested now is the time to get them. Also, we may or may not have enough for trades depending on how the sales go as well.

EDIT:Spelling

Edited by Nochipra

I got a message today from coins and pins that in order for our new designed coin to get an icon with it then we would need just 19 more to be sold or we could purchase the 19 to get the icon. Well we can't afford to purchase the 19 coins and I think they need an answer probably by Mon. All you pro coin designers, how should we handle this? This is our first coin and we have never dealt with anything like this before. They still have the coin up for pre sale and I can hope that 19 get sold by Mon but who knows? Here is a pic if your interested in purchasing and a link to the coins in the store. Thank you:)

http://www.coinsandpins.com/product_info.p...products_id=355

http://www.coinsandpins.com/product_info.p...products_id=356

ChristmasCoin.jpg

As I understand it, it takes the purchase of a certain number of tracking codes to get an icon, not the production of a certain number of coins. If they don't sell enough by Monday, you could see if you could purchase the extra codes to get to an icon. If that would work, it would save some $.

(I ordered some already. Hope they're here well in advance Christmas!)

Edited by tokencollector

I would hope that any vendor would work with you when you are so close to getting an icon.

The numbers only can be bought for about $30, the extra coins can be sold in the store, you can sell some or trade some. Have them made in an extra XLE finish, they will sell.

For $9.49 a coin, I would think it would already have an icon....:) :)

I would hope that any vendor would work with you when you are so close to getting an icon.

The numbers only can be bought for about $30, the extra coins can be sold in the store, you can sell some or trade some. Have them made in an extra XLE finish, they will sell.

We have looked at the total sales of the coins and the rate of sales over the last week to determine a projected rate of sales until the holidays start. We are making extra coins to cover that time period. However, with our calculations, that leaves us with 19 coins short of an icon unless those extra coins are purchased within the next day by all of you fellow customers. Our calculated buffer of in-stock inventory will still leave plenty of time for people to get these coins, but we do not want to have them in stock for an excessive period of time and that is the reason for having 19 coins that we will not produce unless sales indicate otherwise, or the client purchases them. It is a wise business decision since I am in the business of running a real business. I also don't think you understand how our resale program works and that the client is getting a quantity of free coins based on the quantity of coins we sell. If the client decides to decline receiving the free coins, then that leaves us even further short of 250 coins than just the 19 coins. $9.49 a coin is a reasonable price to help support this re-sale program and provide the generous benefit to the clients who participate in it.

With the presale situation, I can't purchase as many of a coin as I might normally. I prepayed for 3 already. It better have an icon for that kind of money!

It states in the product description:

• If enough are ordered then it will have its own icon; otherwise it will have its own line item when you log a find or discovery

The facts were made clear before you purchased.

I want everyone to know that I am going to do everything I can to get that ICON! I Want To Thank you all SOOO Very Much for the purchases you have already made. THIS IS THE BEST COMMUNITY EVER AND THE RESPONSE I'VE GOTTEN SO FAR HAS JUST BEEN GREAT, IT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO CRY, I'M SO TOUCHED! Thank you so very much:) You can rest assured that I will be paying back this forum community with plenty of cointest and great trades with any extra coins we receive from this venture. Thank you all so very much:)

Nochipra

We have looked at the total sales of the coins and the rate of sales over the last week to determine a projected rate of sales until the holidays start. We are making extra coins to cover that time period. However, with our calculations, that leaves us with 19 coins short of an icon unless those extra coins are purchased within the next day by all of you fellow customers. Our calculated buffer of in-stock inventory will still leave plenty of time for people to get these coins, but we do not want to have them in stock for an excessive period of time and that is the reason for having 19 coins that we will not produce unless sales indicate otherwise, or the client purchases them. It is a wise business decision since I am in the business of running a real business. I also don't think you understand how our resale program works and that the client is getting a quantity of free coins based on the quantity of coins we sell. If the client decides to decline receiving the free coins, then that leaves us even further short of 250 coins than just the 19 coins. $9.49 a coin is a reasonable price to help support this re-sale program and provide the generous benefit to the clients who participate in it.

With the presale situation, I can't purchase as many of a coin as I might normally. I prepayed for 3 already. It better have an icon for that kind of money!

It states in the product description:

• If enough are ordered then it will have its own icon; otherwise it will have its own line item when you log a find or discovery

The facts were made clear before you purchased.

I don't want this to become an attack on the vendor by any means, they are providing a great service and are in a business and have worked with us very greatly and we truly appreciate it. They make great quality coins and do great work as I am sure everyone will be happy with the finished product:)

I don't want this to become an attack on the vendor by any means, they are providing a great service and are in a business and have worked with us very greatly and we truly appreciate it. They make great quality coins and do great work as I am sure everyone will be happy with the finished product:)

Thank you Nichipra. You have also been great to work with and I appreciate your support.

I think the comments like "it better have an icon for that price" are kind of funny. The price difference for an icon is .60 over 250 coins. Wow, would it really make that big of difference?

Actually most coins sold by most vendors are in fact priced lower than this coin with an absolute promise of an icon. I think it is a legitimate statement.

And here is a quote from a previous post I typed to you before:

"You have your way of running your business and I have mine. Such is how the world works. If all of us ran our business the same, then we would have no variety."

The cost is very fair based on the details of our reselling program and the benefits our custom coin clients receive from this program.

Your post, and many other posts you have made, exemplifies why I believe coin vendors should be heavily moderated when they post their opinions in the forums. This is a place for the community and not for vendors (including those who qualify for vendor status, but hide behind individual status) to insert how they would run each other's businesses.

I LUV C+P coins, I feel they are well made and of the Highest Quality BUT, when I saw the pre-sale on their latest batch it kinda rubbed me the wrong way! They are pre-selling coins @ Icon included prices without the promise of a Custom Icon. I thought it was just me so I wasn't about to say anything (I don't have my Flame proof suit on) but now I see other people feel the same way! I DID pre-order some of the 'Screw" coins because I feel certain they will sell enough to warrant an Icon. But I'm hesitant to order anything else! I want Icons!

I have to agree with many others here, the price seems a bit steep to me! Not having an icon with prices this high?? I also think that, since everyone is a coiner here, being a coin maker shouldn't matter or stop anyone from giving their opinion! After all, they too have to pay whatever price being charged for coins they want, so they too should be able to give feedback! If they can offer a better price for a comparable product, maybe it'll start to bring the prices back to reality! I'll try not to read into the reason you griped about his input!

Absolutely NOTHING against you Nochipra, I think the coin is beautiful! The problem these days is the way the prices just seem to keep rising, if this keeps up, I'll not be buying many more coins (can't right now anyway, too pricey for my empty pockets). I never even looked at the price of your coins (because I can't order any I suppose) and was surprised to see it that much especially w/o the promise of an icon! After all, having made a coin, I have an idea of what coins cost...

Good luck with the sales Nochipra, I really hope all goes well and you do get an icon. Maybe we can make a trade some day?

Most all of the coin vendors have a re-selling program and a good many coin people in these forums have done a re-selling program. I have done one and have made my own coins out of pocket.

So we do understand how the program generally works and what the customer gets out of it. Now why I do not know the specific details about the agreement on this coin, I know of other agreements C&P has made on other coins. It is similar to how the other coin vendors re-selling program works.

There is no reason this coin at this price should not have an icon, many others have icons and are sold for less than this coin.

Well, I will say that at the price given, that coin should have an icon.

I, too, know all to well how a resell program works. I have my own issues with some of the finer points of the resell, but that is for another thread.

However...

I will warn that the promise of an icon does not mean there will be. I did resell with C&P...was promised an icon...heck, it even shows up on CoinCodes...but I still do not have one that works on GC.com. Is it their fault? GC.com's?

The cost is very fair based on the details of our reselling program and the benefits our custom coin clients receive from this program.

I take issue with this.

Many coin vendors price their stuff very near you and the experience is totallly different. For example, Castleman or CinemaBoxers prices their coins around $10 but you are guaranteed an icon. Crake sells his at similar prices and you get the icon.

Also...how much money are you really recouping? You charge $3.25 shipping for *one* coin in a plain envelope for the most part when others charge up to a dollar or so less and use a padded mailer.

There's nothing wrong with making a bit of money, but at least be up front about it.

Well, I will say that at the price given, that coin should have an icon.

I, too, know all to well how a resell program works. I have my own issues with some of the finer points of the resell, but that is for another thread.

However...

I will warn that the promise of an icon does not mean there will be. I did resell with C&P...was promised an icon...heck, it even shows up on CoinCodes...but I still do not have one that works on GC.com. Is it their fault? GC.com's?

Also...how much money are you really recouping? You charge $3.25 shipping for *one* coin in a plain envelope for the most part when others charge up to a dollar or so less and use a padded mailer.

There's nothing wrong with making a bit of money, but at least be up front about it.

Our details of the re-selling program have changed dramatically since you had your coin made with us. So no, you are not familiar with them any more.

Also, I was unfamiliar you were having a problem with your icon. Sure would have been nice for you to let us know since we worked that a long time ago.

My business expenses are my business and not yours. Shipping products is not free since my employees do not work for free and shipping supplies are not free. It is called commerce and economy.

I'm probably going to regret this later, but I'm in the mood to vent a little. So, before I start I'm sorry if I offend anyone, that's not my intention.

I've dealt a lot with many of the coin vendors. They all have their pros and cons. Everyone has their favorite sellers and favorite coins. Some charge more for the coins. Some charge more for the shipping. Some have better quality and some have better customer care. Does any of that mean people should jump into the forums and start blasting various coin vendors or other cachers/collectors because they didn't like some aspect of their purchase or of the vendor? I hope not! Otherwise there's a LOT of posting that I should be doing.

After reading threads like these, I remember why I typically stay out of the forums. As far as I'm concerned Coins and Pins, Castleman, GeocoinShop.de, CinemaBoxers and many others - you go! Cache on! Keep up all the good work and the great coins. I appreciate the great coins you are all coming out with. I appreciate the excellent customer care that many of you provide. No, I'm not always pleased with every order, but for the most part you've done a great job to correct issues.

I can't say that I like all vendors, but I've bought from just about all of them. I don't feel the need to come out here and vent my frustrations on them. I just let them know what I'm not pleased with and then they can choose how to respond. If it doesn't suite me, then I move on and buy coins from other vendors. There's just no need for me to get that upset...much less to blast them in the forums.

Okay, I'm stepping off my 'soap box'. Again, if I've offended anyone here, I apologize.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday coming up...and plenty of good caching weather!

I think the comments like "it better have an icon for that price" are kind of funny. The price difference for an icon is .60 over 250 coins. Wow, would it really make that big of difference?

Actually most coins sold by most vendors are in fact priced lower than this coin with an absolute promise of an icon. I think it is a legitimate statement.

And here is a quote from a previous post I typed to you before:

"You have your way of running your business and I have mine. Such is how the world works. If all of us ran our business the same, then we would have no variety."

Your post, and many other posts you have made, exemplifies why I believe coin vendors should be heavily moderated when they post their opinions in the forums. This is a place for the community and not for vendors (including those who qualify for vendor status, but hide behind individual status) to insert how they would run each other's businesses.

I honestly debated replying to this attack. But I do need to say that I am way more than a vendor:

- I actively buy and trade and collect coins. I am a part of the community not just a vendor / seller.

- You imply that I am hiding behind my individual status. Be serious! Look at my signature lines and my avatar. "Hide behind individual status"? Is there anyone who looks at any of my posts and doesn't know I am a vendor and what my company is?

I do agree that each of us runs our businesses that way we think benefits us and our businesses and that is good. It is also good that we don't do it the same way because it does meet different needs.

I thought I would toss my .02 in.

I think it is ok for a coin vendor to charge whatever he wants for a coin ...if it is too much we as a community will not buy it. Then they will have a whole batch that the price will keep coming down till the coins sell off ...this has happened a couple of times I can think of.

Also as people have stated everone has their favorite vendors I have never used them but C & P puts out some very nice coins .And the resale program lets a lot of people make a coin that otherwise would not be able to afford to.

Lets all play nice in the sandbox....Peace

I honestly debated replying to this attack. But I do need to say that I am way more than a vendor:

- I actively buy and trade and collect coins. I am a part of the community not just a vendor / seller.

- You imply that I am hiding behind my individual status. Be serious! Look at my signature lines and my avatar. "Hide behind individual status"? Is there anyone who looks at any of my posts and doesn't know I am a vendor and what my company is?

I do agree that each of us runs our businesses that way we think benefits us and our businesses and that is good. It is also good that we don't do it the same way because it does meet different needs.

My statement about hiding behind an individual status was a general statement directed at a select few other people and not at you since some of us know who some of these people are. I know you do not hide behind an individual status as it is clear in your sig line. I am sorry I did not clarify that in the previous post.

Edited by CoinsAndPins

My statement about hiding behind an individual status was a general statement directed at a select few other people and not at you since some of us know who some of these people are. I know you do not hide behind an individual status as it is clear in your sig line. I am sorry I did not clarify that in the previous post.

That's odd, you quoted him and even addressed your comment to him (or am I missing something??).

Yes, this is a MAGNIFICENT coin and Nochipra should be proud to have it out there. I'm sorry it's come to this and will hold off any more commenting except as to the greatness of the coin (still hoping to be able to trade for one some day)

That's odd, you quoted him and even addressed your comment to him (or am I missing something??).

No you are not missing anything. It is exactly what I stated about that specific statement was to state what I felt the meaning of the word “vendor” encompasses. What are you driving at? If you are driving at that I am backtracking, then you are incorrect. That statement was made for those in here that know who they are that do business in here and act as a business in the legal sense of the term, but don’t report the income like they should as business. I know they are reading this thread. In other words, those people have exceeded the definition of “hobby”, but they still act like they are still in a hobby status. I am very well aware that Hogwild does not hide behind an individual status and I am sure he is paying his taxes. But some other people need to go review the legalities of what constitutes acting in a business capacity.

Just because I quoted his post does not mean that every detail of what I write is specifically directed towards that person.

Edit for more clarification. The term I used above for "in here" does not specifically mean in this thread. Or does it? You make your own determination, but I meant it to mean in the forums in general.

Edited by CoinsAndPins

Since folks are tossing around their "opinions"... :laughing:

In mine, it's become a real shame to see a simple promotion thread for someone's coin turn into an attempted bash against the vendor. Nochipra entered into a private agreement in order to get this coin made, and also to receive a significant benefit. Now that private agreement is being openly debated and criticized by third parties who have absolutely no part in their initial agreement. I would assume that everything was spelled out clearly, and handshakes were made...so why these extraneous issues?

Sad reality of this forum. :(

Even more disturbing, is that threads like this create a perfect opportunities for "competing" businesses to jump in and lobby for their own cause.

Good luck on your coin Nochipra.