Multiple FTF logging

T A G

I thought FTF stood for First To Find, so that there can only be one FTF and in some cases joint FTF.

However there are an increasing amount of FTF claimers that just happened to be present when first found.

So come on you lot, play the game, PWFF if you were, FTF if you did!

I thought FTF stood for First To Find, so that there can only be one FTF and in some cases joint FTF.

However there are an increasing amount of FTF claimers that just happened to be present when first found.

PWFF? Whassat?

J

PWFF? Whassat?

J

Present When First Found!

Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that if they found a cache with someone elses username or ID in the log, then the FTF would belong to that first name. Its not rocket science. And yes, what IS PWFF ?

I don't understand that statement. What do you mean by "just happened to be present"?

Do you mean that two or more cachers, each with their own GC.com usernames, went out together to find the cache or met up unintentionally on the way to the cache. They all search at the cache site and one of them finds the cache. That person is clearly FTF, but surely the common usage is that the other(s) would claim joint FTF? This is analagous to two winners being 1st= and the third person to "win" being in 3rd place.

Do you think that only the first person in the above example should claim FTF and the other be 2nd? That hardly sounds fair, both because the 2TF was searching at the cache site at the same time as the FTF and because the 2TF didn't actually find the cache :blink:.

Or do you mean that the "2TF" didn't actually look for the cache but went along for the ride and then claimed joint FTF?

Confused...

Or it could be where you have decided to go for a walk and not geocache but unbeknownst to you someone has just set a cache on your route. As you are walking along humming to yourself, you spy someone lurking furtively in the bushes and lo and behold find another cacher signing the log. This happens to me all the time, but I am always careful not to claim FTF when it does. :blink:

I don't understand that statement. What do you mean by "just happened to be present"?

Do you mean that two or more cachers, each with their own GC.com usernames, went out together to find the cache or met up unintentionally on the way to the cache. They all search at the cache site and one of them finds the cache. That person is clearly FTF, but surely the common usage is that the other(s) would claim joint FTF? This is analagous to two winners being 1st= and the third person to "win" being in 3rd place.

Do you think that only the first person in the above example should claim FTF and the other be 2nd? That hardly sounds fair, both because the 2TF was searching at the cache site at the same time as the FTF and because the 2TF didn't actually find the cache :huh:.

Or do you mean that the "2TF" didn't actually look for the cache but went along for the ride and then claimed joint FTF?

Confused...

Or your a member of a family with "gasp" more than one logging account the team gets the FTF but as your individual identity was present and indeed is part of the team you are both first and second and maybe thirds fourth and fifth.

All sounds a bit too OCD for me though :blink:

How would this work with say, an Earthcache?

You set off for the cache with someone else, obviously arrived at the same time as that person, collected the info together etc... With no physical box to 'find' as such then who would be FTF?

Surely it's simultaneous, and what if about 20 people all went together at an event...!

How would this work with say, an Earthcache?

You set off for the cache with someone else, obviously arrived at the same time as that person, collected the info together etc... With no physical box to 'find' as such then who would be FTF?

Surely it's simultaneous, and what if about 20 people all went together at an event...!

Like this one ?

April 10, 2005 by Cave Troll and Eeyore (517 found)

Our 250th cache and first earth cache !

Joint first to find with at least 7 other cachers .

The bore arrived early at 1143.