Unite for diabetes

Lactodorum

Mine arrived from Groundspeak in the mail this morning. I will release it in the Northampton / Milton Keynes area soon (always assuming that I can find a cache that is big enough to hold it in this area.)

There's one names after you, almost on your doorstep - that's plenty big enough! :ph34r:

Watching closely... :ph34r:

I was thinking of one that I hadn't already found but now something has cropped up so I hope to revisit a cache tomorrow with room for it. (The one where I watched you thrashing about in the undergrowth while I was failing dismally to find another cache)

Edited by Just Roger

I was waiting in Jubilee Gardens, taking photos of the display, when I saw the 2 white umbrellas a little earlier than the expected time. :D

Claire and Gemma were very friendly and took some photos as my daughter received her coin. (Thanks girls, for standing there in the cold, so we can have fun with these coins.) :)

Apparently 35 geocachers had turned up last Friday to pick up coins and I met Captain Gore-tex from Bristol just after we had got ours. Nice to meet you. I just spotted CSC chatting up the "Lovely Ladies" as we dashed off to get our train, (so that's how he gets all those coins!! :):D:D )

I have a lot of coins in a box here.

I was wondering what would happen if there were any leftovers, did you get them then Bambography??

I picked up a dozen spares to hand out to local cachers in the NE Hants area.

I think it is fantastic the way geocaching has taken on board the Diabetes message, and in such a fun way.

Thanks Geocaching.com/Groundspeak...

I have a lot of coins in a box here.

I was wondering what would happen if there were any leftovers, did you get them then Bambography??

I picked up a dozen spares to hand out to local cachers in the NE Hants area.

I think it is fantastic the way geocaching has taken on board the Diabetes message, and in such a fun way.

Thanks Geocaching.com/Groundspeak...

I couldn't get all of the left overs. I asked what would be happening with them and although they were not 100% sure, they believe that they will be made available online at a cost that would cover postage and a small donation to the charity. When this happens it will be communicated via Groundspeak to ensure that geocachers are aware of it.

Just got home with another 30 coins, email me if you want one! A few other cachers turned up and went away with some extras so Im sure there will be more up for grabs soon.

I spent a while chatting to Claire and Gemma (if you are reading this, you are both gorgeous...) who were giving the coins out, they apologised for not being able to get back for the flash mob and also said everyone involved worldwide with giving out the coins was told to only give them to people who ask, so no need to worry about loads of muggles ending up with them.

Check me out on their website, second photo from left <_<

http://www.worlddiabetesday.org/wddgallery...=all&page=6

e-mail sent.

Arrived safely through the post this morning.

Thanks Cryptic Souls Crew

Edited to correct bad spelling

Edited by JustAlan

Took the coin left in my possession to a "do" in Covent Garden last evening.

Got it photographed with Sir Steve Redgrave (5 times Gold Olympian) and an Honorary Vice President of Diabetes UK. :D

Maybe the first WDD coin in the hands of an Olympian?

383e833e-9b13-4780-ab0e-46b140e55ac1.jpg

Sir Steve & the coin.

4eb9a6a2-f16d-4330-9b1b-7cc2bdc0efb2.jpg

Myself, Caesar, Sir Steve and the coin.

Naturally, explained all about geocaching too ;)

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog