Unite for diabetes

Lactodorum

A bit of a long shot, but if anybody has a spare diabetes coin, or manages to get a spare one, and would like it setting on its way in the East Midlands, then I would be happy to receive it and send it on its way; as I will not be able to get to London for the next coin release.

More in hope than anticipation,

JustAlan, Derby

A bit of a long shot, but if anybody has a spare diabetes coin, or manages to get a spare one, and would like it setting on its way in the East Midlands, then I would be happy to receive it and send it on its way; as I will not be able to get to London for the next coin release.

More in hope than anticipation,

JustAlan, Derby

Me too please :blink: if anyone manages to get any more spares, I'd love the opportunity to place one.

Jon

A coin arrived here today in the north of Scotland.

Is this the only coin up here I wonder? It would be great if it stays within Scotland if it is!

What can I say but a HUGE thanks to the Cryptic Souls Crew. I'm looking for an address to send some stamps to please!?

A big thank you to CSC who sent me his own coin to travel in the North. That was very generous!! Would have let you discover this on Saturday, Nick, but you already have one now! :unsure:

I will definitely be there tomorrow. I noticed they have extended the "opening time" to 2 hours - 17.00 to 19.00, (perhaps in response to last Friday's cachers??).. :unsure:

I would like to say a huge thanks to Lactodorum for posting this thread, as I don't think I would have heard of this event otherwise.

Hope to meet some other cachers there, (and let's see how many coins they will give us!!) :ph34r:

A coin arrived here today in the north of Scotland.

Is this the only coin up here I wonder? It would be great if it stays within Scotland if it is!

What can I say but a HUGE thanks to the Cryptic Souls Crew. I'm looking for an address to send some stamps to please!?

A big thank you to CSC who sent me his own coin to travel in the North. That was very generous!! Would have let you discover this on Saturday, Nick, but you already have one now! :unsure:

Snap - it was supposed to be a surprise.....

@Cryptic - I've emailed you in the hope you pick a coin up that I could have.

If anyone else has a spare one please could you message me via my profile? My mum died a few years back after more than fifty years of diabetes. It's a good cause and a good message. I'm glad I have avoided it myself so far.

Wow, that's three for Scotland, better served than most other areas I'd say!

3 out of 20: probably about proportional to England/Scotland populations. :)

It was not meant as a criticism! IF you read the thread I am actually sending one to Scotland! :)

Well including yours, you better make that five. :lol: Thank you very much Cryptic Souls Crew for the whole effort that you went to for us all.

We would like to re-imburse the postage if you could send us your address. It must have cost you a fair bit to have sent 20 out.

I to would like to reimburse you for the costs, it couldn't have been cheap sending them all out? :)

Another huge thanks from here to the Cryptik Souls Crew as I got the coin in the post this morning - cheers. :lol:

This might be another one heading for Scotland too as I'm probably going up to Edinburgh next weekend and will drop it while I'm there... unless of course anyone wants me to drop it somewhere (easy to get to from the Motorway) between Liverpool and Gretna on the way.

Edited by ac-p

I've just got back from the Shell Centre/London Eye and there wasn't a Diabetes person to be seen.I searched high and low,back and front and to the sides as well.I even asked the trucker and his mates who were shining the logo on the building..Nope!

Can I log this as a DNF? Disappointed to say the least. :):lol:

I've just got back from the Shell Centre/London Eye and there wasn't a Diabetes person to be seen.I searched high and low,back and front and to the sides as well.I even asked the trucker and his mates who were shining the logo on the building..Nope!

Ooooh no! I wonder if they were there?

I have their business card somewhere, will have to find it and contact 'em to see wassup.

Just got home with another 30 coins, email me if you want one! A few other cachers turned up and went away with some extras so Im sure there will be more up for grabs soon.

I spent a while chatting to Claire and Gemma (if you are reading this, you are both gorgeous...) who were giving the coins out, they apologised for not being able to get back for the flash mob and also said everyone involved worldwide with giving out the coins was told to only give them to people who ask, so no need to worry about loads of muggles ending up with them.

Check me out on their website, second photo from left :lol:

http://www.worlddiabetesday.org/wddgallery...=all&page=6

Not high and low enough I put it to you!

They were on the same side of the Shell Centre that had the large projection of the WDD logo on it, standing under a white diabetes umbrella.

Not high and low enough I put it to you!

They were on the same side of the Shell Centre that had the large projection of the WDD logo on it, standing under a white diabetes umbrella.

If I can't find a big white umbrella what chance do I have with a micro!

PM sent. :)

Just got home with another 30 coins, email me if you want one! A few other cachers turned up and went away with some extras so Im sure there will be more up for grabs soon.

I spent a while chatting to Claire and Gemma (if you are reading this, you are both gorgeous...) who were giving the coins out, they apologised for not being able to get back for the flash mob and also said everyone involved worldwide with giving out the coins was told to only give them to people who ask, so no need to worry about loads of muggles ending up with them.

e-mail sent.

Would love a geocoin, for my school Geocache Club to move on.... A great hobby for a gegraphy teacher!

email sent.

I don't know how you do it Michael, obviously you must have charmed them as they wanted names and locations of every cacher I wanted to take a coin for. Once I had named three or four that was it! None of this take a bundle when I was there!

If anyone gets one in the post from Groundspeak, that already has one, may I suggest IOM, Wales and Ireland? Not sure if any have made it down to the far south west either.

There are 2 in South Wales that I know of MollyJak and mine :ph34r: and I will be releasing mine at the weekend.

Not sure if any have made it down to the far south west either.

Thanks to CSC one made it to Plymouth and has been placed in a cache on Dartmoor this morning.

A small problem prevents it being logged there yet but, hopefully, that will be sorted soon.

Edited by spannerman

I received 2 this morning one from Wendy :ph34r: and one from Groundspeak.

I have already emailed a certain cacher to find out if they managed to get one or not, if they didn't one is spoken for, if they did then the 2 (but definitely 1) will be going into our Durham Bug Box this weekend, if I can get it in as the box is already packed full of blue washers :ph34r:

M :ph34r: