You are a cacher when...

Tantor

....When you get to work with sticks and leaves stuck in your hair because you just had to stop and find a cache on the way in.

I actually went caching at lunch one day and a couple hours after I got back found a stick in my hair :laughing:

That with the mud around the ankles of my work pants, I wonder what my coworkers think of me?

...you wake up, racked with insomnia, and log on to see if anything new has been approved that you can run out and FTF.

...you actually see something up, and you shake off your drowsiness and hurry to put your coat on and get out to it.

...you make the find and open the log only to notice you were beaten to it by someone with several thousand more finds than you.

...you still don't consider the night wasted because hey, you've still gotten another smiley.

...now that you're awake, you fire up your PDA and choose a roundabout way home so you can grab half a dozen more.

You've spoken into your GPS like it is a cell phone while doing an urban micro

You've resisted the urge to speak into your GPS like it is a cell phone while doing an urban micro because you are more concerned with a clear signal rather than blending. So you then talk on your real cellphone in one hand, holding your GPS out ahead of you with the other, and then wish you had a third arm to reach under benches, behind sign posts, etc.

You are hiking with your kids boy scout den, you happen to see a tree that looks familiar, and LO there is a cache there you remember from years ago so you give a class on caching that would have gone better if you'd actually had a GPS with you.

Sorry, if you went hiking with your boy's Cub Scout den, and didn't have your GPSr with you, you're just a part-timer.

You lie in bed, thinking about the cache you DNFed

You take alternate routes to work

You have visited a $1.00 store twice in the past week

You weekly shopping bill always includes 4 packets of ZIP lock bags

You tried to convince a non-geocacher that geocaching is cool

You visit in-laws just to bag a new state

You walk into restaurants with stuffed animals (attached to travel bug tags)

You buy mints and eat them by the fistful just to empty the container

You own your own rubber stamp

You have used your GPS unit like a cell phone to avoid suspicion

You name your daughter Garmin :D

You tried to pay for a soda at the KwikMart with a geocoin

Sounds like we need another Geocacher Anonymous meeting! :D

...you suddenly develop a taste for haggis.

Hmm... What does haggis have to do with geocaching? Other than that I have a cache hidden in Kearny?

Actually, I went to the Argyle Fish and Chips in Kearny, once, on Bobby Burns' birthday, for the Piping of the Haggis. I enjoyed the haggis. Being part Scot does help with this. But, that was long before I'd ever heard of geocaching.

Haggis Hunter has a list of armchair caches.

Haggis Hunter's list

On our NEPAG forum, someone mentioned the musical group Enter the Haggis.

Enter the Haggis

The letters in "haggis" can be rearranged to spell "hi gas" with an extra "g" left over for the "geocache". After fillling the tank to go caching, you'll be happy if you have anything left over, even if it's just the letter "g"!

You lie in bed, thinking about the cache you DNFed

You take alternate routes to work

You have visited a $1.00 store twice in the past week

You weekly shopping bill always includes 4 packets of ZIP lock bags

You tried to convince a non-geocacher that geocaching is cool

You visit in-laws just to bag a new state

You walk into restaurants with stuffed animals (attached to travel bug tags)

You buy mints and eat them by the fistful just to empty the container

You own your own rubber stamp

You have used your GPS unit like a cell phone to avoid suspicion

You name your daughter Garmin :rolleyes:

You tried to pay for a soda at the KwikMart with a geocoin

Sounds like we need another Geocacher Anonymous meeting! :bad:

Lol - ...you consider getting a clip board and hard hat for certain urban micros

...before you cache in muggle territory you have a cover story planned..and with other cachers you actually discuss the cover story

....you actually pretended to be looking for a lost pet when muggles came near

.....your co-cacher fakes a mental illness to explain why he has been looking at a metal pole far too long and you actually go along with it as his care-taker. Except your friend actually carries a burger king crown for just such occasions.

....even if you are not caching you start to see potential cache containers or hiding spots everywhere

......you now like going to the doctor or dentist for a chance to cache along the way

....your spouse says "you spent HOW MUCH on geocaching goodies???"

I discovered that I cannot use my GPS to turn the tv on or off. It won't even change the channel!

LMAO! :blink:

You're pick 3 lottery numbers are 528

You're cell phone directory is a 'phone-a-friend' network for finding caches

You know know every state you have cached in, but can't remember what you did yesterday

-You are familiar with words like, 'gerr' 'ybt' 'fghzc' 'ebpx' 'gur' or 'oruvaq'

-You know the zip codes of all your out-of-town relatives off the top of your head.

-You actually look forward to visiting the in-laws.

-you no longer talk to your friends about geocaching- none of them will allow it.

-You find yourself having to explain to your significant other why there is a sudden shortage of tupperware containers in the kitchen.

-Your driveway is covered with spraypainted cache container silhouettes.

-You begin making grocery purchases based on the items' usefullness as cache containers.