Used GPS for my kids?

Looking for a good starter gps? I have your answer. Garmin Etrex. There are a few differnet levels. Simplest is the Yellow Etrex and the most advanced is the Vista. I started with a Yellow Etrex and still use it 3 years later. Ebay is the best bet, it should be around 50, maybe a little less.

Keep watching these forums and get an etrex Legend. It is 2 steps higher than the yellow etrex and while garmin says it is 2 steps below the Vista; I consider it only 1 step. I just got one here for $60 including shipping. The Legend has mapping which I think is a must. I have had mine since 2002 and only just started getting lines in the screen, but is still useable. The lines seem to go away after it has been on awhile.

You will be happy with this and so will the kiddies.

Maldar

I just bought a Garmin 60CSx. I am willing to sell my eTrex Legend for $80 which includes the shipping. It is under two years old and in fantastic shape. I will even send you a dvd package that I bought that shows you how to use it. I have the manual, lanyard and cable, but I don't think I have the box (I will look for it). I love it and find it much more easier to use than what I just bought!

Edited by Luv2hyke

I just bought a Garmin 60CSx. I am willing to sell my eTrex Legend for $80 which includes the shipping. It is under two years old and in fantastic shape. I will even send you a dvd package that I bought that shows you how to use it. I have the manual, lanyard and cable, but I don't think I have the box (I will look for it). I love it and find it much more easier to use than what I just bought!

Let me know if your legend is available if the OP doesn't take it!

Yes, I'm interested! Do you take paypal? Let me know & I'll figure out how to get the money to you.

Thanks!

Hi---I'm new here and also new to geocaching. My kids & I have just picked it up and we absolutely love it!

I would like to find a basic unit for my kids to use. Does anyone have an old GPS they would like to sell----maybe to trade up? I have about $70 to spend...

-Thanks! :unsure:

Hi---I'm new here and also new to geocaching. My kids & I have just picked it up and we absolutely love it!

I would like to find a basic unit for my kids to use. Does anyone have an old GPS they would like to sell----maybe to trade up? I have about $70 to spend...

We have a practically new yellow Etrex, in original packaging, with CD. Included are a serial connector to download caches from your PC, as well as a converter cable to use in your car. It also comes with a case.

$75 plus shipping costs.

We have a practically new yellow Etrex, in original packaging, with CD. Included are a serial connector to download caches from your PC, as well as a converter cable to use in your car. It also comes with a case.

$75 plus shipping costs.

Not trying to be rude or anything, seeing as I'm new to this whole geocaching experience, and it's been a lot of fun, but I've been seeing yellow Etrex's on eBay that are new in the package for around $60 shipped, so a practically new one for $75 seems pretty pricey

-Thanks! :lol:

$75 plus shipping costs.

Not trying to be rude or anything, seeing as I'm new to this whole geocaching experience, and it's been a lot of fun, but I've been seeing yellow Etrex's on eBay that are new in the package for around $60 shipped, so a practically new one for $75 seems pretty pricey

Not rude at all. Please consider that I am offering 2 cables, which are about $20-25 each, as well as a $!0 case.

-Thanks! ;)

$75 plus shipping costs.

Not rude at all. Please consider that I am offering 2 cables, which are about $20-25 each, as well as a $!0 case.

Yes it is, please email us for any further info. Richard of Hikers2

-Thanks! ;)

$75 plus shipping costs.

Ah! Okay, I did not understand how expensive the cables were, my apologies

-Thanks! ;)

$75 plus shipping costs.

Ah! Okay, I did not understand how expensive the cables were, my apologies

Nor did we, until we got hooked on this crazy thing! Appreciate your concerns, of course.