FTF claimers

T A G

I thought FTF stood for First To Find, so that there can only be one FTF and in some cases joint FTF.

However there are an increasing amount of FTF claimers that just happened to be present when first found.

So how about PWFF if you were and FTF if you did!

I thought FTF stood for First To Find, so that there can only be one FTF and in some cases joint FTF.

However there are an increasing amount of FTF claimers that just happened to be present when first found.

So how about PWFF if you were and FTF if you did!

We always consider the honour should go to the Cacher who actually makes the find. Surely it is sufficient reward for the others to log a find that they may not have otherwise been able to?

I used to agree with your notion that there is only one true FTF, and tried to enforce it regularly

On a few occasions I had gone for FTFs along with friends and family, and it usually resulted in arguments, bad feelings, and even some physical contact while searching for the cache.

We decided it was much nicer to share the FTF regardless of who found it.

I've learned long ago that one person's FTF criteria may be different than another's - be happy with your own FTF list and don't worry about others.

I thought FTF stood for First To Find, so that there can only be one FTF and in some cases joint FTF....

That sums it up. When I cache with my friends and family it's a joint FTF regardless of who actually spots the cache because we use the Three Muskateers method of finding.

The only time FTF matters at a higher level is that the first to open the cache does tend to steal any good swag. First to open isn't always first to spot. Sometimes FTO, isn't even the first to retieve.

It's a matter of friendship, to me. If we're friends, then we search as a team. If we find it, then we find it as a team. If the first person to actually spot it refuses to share FTF, then that's okay with me, but it means that they do not consider me a friend. In that case I'm just the competition.

Incidentally, I don't keep track of my FTFs, and they're not a big deal to me, but I'm still likely to feel better about a person who would share FTF status.

Of course, that's all moot until I get around to renewing my premium membership.

If nobody among the FTF group has a problem with it, then who cares? I can see a problem occuring if cacher A finds it while cacher B is looking someplace totally different and cacher A doesn't want to share the glory with cacher B but cacher B logs an FTF anyways.... :huh: But if cacher A and cacher B consider themselves a team and if one finds they all find, what's the problem? Even if they go out with cachers c, d, e & f and they all consider themselves caching together... then that's how they want to play the game. Big deal. I mean heck, my caching name is Cache Heads, referring to myself, my wife and my son. If I find a cache without them does that mean I should open up a new account for Cache Head and log it myself? B)

Life's too short for this kind of nitpicking!

why not always claim FTF...FTF overall...FTF that week (month, day, hour)...FTF wearing flip-flops (you might be!)...FTF while naked

FTF wearing a very strange looking ski mask...

FTF with a dog that wears eyeglasses... :laughing:

I mean, why not... don't we hear these things from the sportscasters all of the time? "Awesome play!! That was the first time a rookie quarterback from Missouri ran 10 7/8 yards on the first Tuesday in October before 9 pm in the state of Alabama!!"

why not always claim FTF...FTF overall...FTF that week (month, day, hour)...FTF wearing flip-flops (you might be!)...FTF while naked

I actually have a cache placed following that theme - it's called "First to Find While..." People seem to enjoy coming up with their own personal FTFs! :laughing:

Ahhhh, the never ending discussion continues.

How about this: If you aren't first, you're last. I've neve liked Nascar, but Talladega Nights produced a great line, and I think it applies well to Geocaching.

I leave a second place medal when I FTF:

b37217ae-cd63-4472-ac9b-4739c973a950.jpg

How can I get some of those Snoogans?

I now have 11 ligit FTF's. On one of these, I beat another cacher there by less than 10 minutes.

The one that I could have claimed as #12 was published on August 14 . I saw that there were no logs on the cache on September 25. Someone who signed the log BK and does not have a geocaching profile was there on August 17. I noted this in my online log. We each came in by the long overland route rather than the boat route which was why it was rated as a 5 terrain.

My very first geocache find was with Quill and I still have the First to Find Certificate from JoeyGeo.