I need....

mousekakat

Hi...

I don't post in this forum often, but here goes nothing!

A friend of mine had their car broken into yesterday and their GPS'r and their child's GPS'r stolen, amongst other caching articles like more than 100 coins. This friend is in the US, I'm in Europe. My friend is already in a tough position financially, so this was not a good thing, especially so close to the holidays.

What I was wondering, is if anyone here has an extra unit that would do for them to use so they could continue caching?

I don't have any money to buy them one, we're teetering on the edge financially, too, otherwise I'd offer to buy one here and send it to them, so I thought I'd put out an appeal and see if anyone was feeling a little generous and wanted to perform a random kindness for this person!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but this seemed as good a forum to ask as any!

My email is in my profile, please contact me if you can help!

Thanks,

Naomi ;)

That is awful. While I don't have the money and while I have extra units I have plans for them as use in teaching geocaching to others.

What I can do is list one of my DeamCatcher Coin Sets on Ebay. I will post here when I do such.

As for anyone being offended, though ........... to them! Those offened should just sit on their hands.

Maldar

Actually, let's start it here.

I have 1 complete set of the 4 Dream Catcher coins (Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire). What is your bid? GPSrs and Money with be acceptable and will be taking offers until 6pm EST. Transaction of goods will go through me. Terms are You send me GPSr, once I recieve that, I send you your coins. I have the choice to keep the GPSr in question and send one of my etrex Legends if said GPSr is of higher value.

I would like to come out with a little something as I was going to sell these on ebay for a profit I hope.

If we need to move this to a different forum then let the mods decide.

Maldar

Did they lose their PDA as well? (assuming the used one)

If so, I have a M500 they can have.

PP

Yes, it was all in his caching bag... Really makes me want to rethink keeping mine in our car. It's only got swag and a compass in it, but all the same, it really stinks.

Just hope that what comes around really does go around for the thief... and for the cacher, too, because he's a danged nice person!

Naomi :blink:

I dont have anything to offer, wish I could help your friends, but I wanted to tell you what you are doing is a wonderful thing. I will also start bringing in my swag bag from the car. It only has trade items in it but still, I don't want anyone getting to it. I wish you the best of luck and the person who is selling coins for a new gps, I hope you get it back 10 fold in happiness and health.

Maldar... awesome! I just wish I could afford them, they'd be in their way to me in a heartbeat, those are just gorgeous!

Naomi :laughing:

;) That is why I bought so many sets. I loved them when I saw them. You will have to come to my event this coming year as I will be raffling off one set. These are my favorite coins so far. Once I settle on a date I will PM you about the event.

Maldar... awesome! I just wish I could afford them, they'd be in their way to me in a heartbeat, those are just gorgeous!

;) That is why I bought so many sets. I loved them when I saw them. You will have to come to my event this coming year as I will be raffling off one set. These are my favorite coins so far. Once I settle on a date I will PM you about the event.

You guys are All So special and generous :D

Naomi :D

That would be great, except for the one little fact that I'm on the other side of the world from ya! Can I enter the raffle by proxy :D?

Naomi :)

:) That is why I bought so many sets. I loved them when I saw them. You will have to come to my event this coming year as I will be raffling off one set. These are my favorite coins so far. Once I settle on a date I will PM you about the event.

That would be great, except for the one little fact that I'm on the other side of the world from ya! Can I enter the raffle by proxy :(?

Naomi :anibad:

I was thinking about that in the car today.

GREAT job on the sales Maldar....THANKS for the generous offering!! I can't express my gratitude enough!! You are a special person!!

THANKS everyone who bid, this is AWESOME!! I just can't believe how great everyone is!! WOW!

CONGRATS to the top bidder, those are some special coins!! I hope you enjoy them! Also, THANK-YOU for your generosity!!

VERY TOUCHING!!

Also....WOW DROO...THANK-YOU!!! Very kind of you to help a strangeer as this!! All of you people have really made my YEAR!! Hard to believe there are such great people in our caching community....WOW!

You that that was great check this out:

More Dream Catcher coins for sale

and

How about a Michigan Group's Coin?

Please bid for these new auctions too.

Thanks,

Maldar

[Links removed by moderator.]

Edited by Keystone