Your GPSr Family

me_chris

I find it strange how attached people become to their GPS receivers... I for one am very fond of mine - perhaps it is all of the memories we have together or something?

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see what collections of GPS units different people have.

Here is my GPSr family:

gpsfam.jpg

Left to right: My trusty old Magellan eXplorist 400 that was killed in action while caching (waiting for the day I can find a replacement LCD on Ebay or something) - My Garmin ForeTrex 201, bought as a quick (and cheap) replacement to the eXplorist 400, now serving as my backup GPSr - and finally my Magellan eXplorist 500, which is my main GPSr.

What about the rest of you? :-)

Here's the current inventory...

GPS_1024_2.jpg

Let's see... Vista, Vista Cx, Vista HCx, 60C, 60CSx, Colorado 400t, nuvi 660, Edge 305, Magellan SporTrak Color

Recently sold my 2610 to a friend. There have been other (ancient) models that have been tossed in the trash.

Turn to your right...

GPS_Side.jpg

Heres my family, Once they start reproducing theres no stoping them. Gotta sell some soon.

th.c58266f036.jpg

Shown is

two Rino 530 HCx

two 60 CSx

one 60 Cx

one Venture Cx

one eXplorist 500

one eXplorist 500LE

Missing from the family photo is a Vista (brothers got it) and a VistaCx (just traded away for a LegendC)

My goodness. And I've been told you really only need one.

Heres my family, Once they start reproducing theres no stoping them. Gotta sell some soon.

th.c58266f036.jpg

Shown is

two Rino 530 HCx

two 60 CSx

one 60 Cx

one Venture Cx

one eXplorist 500

one eXplorist 500LE

Missing from the family photo is a Vista (brothers got it) and a VistaCx (just traded away for a LegendC)

Just wandering… what is the point of having more than one GPSr? I could understand two: one for outdoor one for car but not 8 or 10 SIMILAR units????? Are you opening a museum? Or you just have money to burn. You better spend money on food. Your arms are kind of thin and weak…?

Just wandering… what is the point of having more than one GPSr?
Why as backup of course, and a backups backup and so on... :)
Are you opening a museum?
One guy one the forum here is collecting all (old) GPSr, I'd like to see him post here.
Your arms are kind of thin and weak…?
:) I'm a lean mean caching machine! :)

Actually the timing was perfect for the photo as a day before or after, there would be a few missing.

The rinos arrived the day of the picture. Im one explorist short now with the other along with the venture being sold as I type. So I'll be down to a more reasonable 5.

Edited by QuigleyJones