Email Notifications stopped working?

Hobbit Taz

I have notifications being sent to 2 different email addresses, My Wife has a 3rd email provider she uses for her notifications, and we spoke with at least one other cacher using even a different email provider. All 4 of these email accounts stopped recieving notifications at what appears to be about the same period of time. All of these were working correctly up until the last 2-3 weeks. Wife submitted a Ticket# WKC-719191 and they told her that it must be an issue with the email provider(s). Just dont understand how at least 3 providers stopped sending on the emails at the same time unless it was something changed in the method used to originally send them.

Anyone else having this issue (what email provider?) and do you have any suggestions on how to fix?

I am using webmail account: Charter.Net; My Text Pager is Archwireless.Net; My Wife's Cell phone text messaging is Cingular; and Im not sure about the other cacher.

We have the exact same situation, but it is now closer to 3-4 weeks. The email and cell notifications became spotty at first, but have stopped completely now. I have deleted and reinstalled the notifications through our local cable roadrunner emails and verizon wireless cell. I have added new emails through yahoo.com and a Go Daddy email and have added a new blackberry email notification - nothing works.

It is not everyone in our area, but it is not just us and we all use different type of accounts. The Ticket I opened resulted with the same useless stock answer. Just having them acknowledge there is a problem would be nice!

If anyone with more complaint and forum experience has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate you advise!

Thanks and Happy Caching!

Results are still up in the air, but this weekend I deleted my notifications and re-created them. Soon afterward they appear to have started working. It should be noted though that my wife did not make any changes and her cell address appears to have re-started as well (With a stange change. She used to get all notifications broken into 5 different messages; Now she is getting them as 1 message (an actuall improvement).

Im still holding judgement as to if this problem is fixed or temporaily appears to function only.

Anyone have any informatoin on what the problem is or was it would be good to know. As mentioned before it would be nice to have them acknowledge the issue.

Anybody else still having trouble with notifications? For the last 2-3 months, I've been getting occasional notifications but a part doesn't seem to get through. For example cache GC18NEW was published today within 10.9km from home (my notification for traditional caches is set up to 35 km), but no notification.

I do get quite a bunch of archived/unarchived etc. notifications which I also subscribe to, but just missing many published notifications. Particularly I notice it in a series of caches 10-20km from here - there were about 40 caches placed with the name "WTF: something" within the last two months but I only got notifications for 3 of them! Makes me think maybe it's something about the "WTF" in the name.

For the record, I use gmail, also checked spam folders etc. and don't have trouble receiving any other mail. Also tried several times deleting the notifications and setting them up again, with no success. So I'm really wondering what is happening to these notifications...

Anybody else got similar problems? Any references to known issues with this?

We have the problem too! :rolleyes:

Our notifications are very patchy; in the last 10 days, 5 caches have been published within a few miles of "home" but we didn't receive any notifications. We have however, received notifications for caches further afield. I have just deleted and recreated my notifications and also raised a ticket. However, any help resolving this, from any source, would be most gratefully received!

Same problem here, and its been longer than three to four weeks. I use excite.com for my email. I'm assuming geocaching.com probably got blacklisted and the emails are not going through. I've contacted excite.com and geocaching.com to see about getting emails again, and to date, I have no responses, but that may be because I'm not getting emails! :)