Mexico Maps

jrohde

Hello all,

My brother is moving to southern Texas / northern Mexico. He is looking for a new GPS unit that will run maps for northern Mexico as well as the entire USA. He doesn't need to use the unit off road, just for car travel. He prefers a mountable unit and not a hand held version. This brings me to the point of asking for suggestions on units and software. The main functions he needs are point to point directions and would like voice guidance.

Thanks

Jon

I splurged and bought bicimapas for my Vista HCx. They have versions available for both Garmins and Magellans.

As for a mountable GPS. I presume your bro is not interested in geocaching. Look at the Garmin Nuvi's or StreetPilots. I use a fancy pansy Nuvi 660 at work but a lower model like a Nuvi 300 or StreetPilot c310 may be all your bro needs. The good thing is these come preloaded with US maps; so, you'd only have to worry about purchasing mapping software for Mexico.

I splurged and bought bicimapas for my Vista HCx. They have versions available for both Garmins and Magellans.

As for a mountable GPS. I presume your bro is not interested in geocaching. Look at the Garmin Nuvi's or StreetPilots. I use a fancy pansy Nuvi 660 at work but a lower model like a Nuvi 300 or StreetPilot c310 may be all your bro needs. The good thing is these come preloaded with US maps; so, you'd only have to worry about purchasing mapping software for Mexico.

He already had a handheld unit for caching. He's looking for a mobile unit that is wife friendly, and can map out northern Mexico. More specifically the area south of Brownsville, TX.

Thanks for the info though, I'll pass it along.

Jon KC9AXZ

www.kc9axz.com