A Hallowe'en Video

I'm used to only posting in the UK forum so for some reason it feels like I'm really shouting right now!

On All Hallows Eve this year, myself and a good friend (Cryptik Souls Crew) set out to launch a new cache 'Cryptikal Massacre'. We spent a couple of weeks planning, shooting a video to accompany it, then on the night itself we hid in the woods and scared those that dared visit.

It was great fun, but the reason I post this is to draw your attention to the video we took which we stuck on You Tube.

We had intended it to set the scene and make the experience that bit more scary. Unfortunately our acting has a lot to be desired but it was our first attempt with very little time!

This is just one example of how geocaching can be opened up for a different experience. Feel free to take a look and the vid and post your comments!!!

Ratty

P.s. Go easy on us, we tried our best!

I'm used to only posting in the UK forum so for some reason it feels like I'm really shouting right now!

On All Hallows Eve this year, myself and a good friend (Cryptik Souls Crew) set out to launch a new cache 'Cryptikal Massacre'. We spent a couple of weeks planning, shooting a video to accompany it, then on the night itself we hid in the woods and scared those that dared visit.

It was great fun, but the reason I post this is to draw your attention to the video we took which we stuck on You Tube.

We had intended it to set the scene and make the experience that bit more scary. Unfortunately our acting has a lot to be desired but it was our first attempt with very little time!

This is just one example of how geocaching can be opened up for a different experience. Feel free to take a look and the vid and post your comments!!!

Ratty

This log shows what a scary night cache should be:

The Bloated Festering Head of My First Victim

1/4 mile slog thru a swamp in knee deep mud, muck and water. Two hours after dark and a two hour wait for the victims. Standing only six feet from them unseen while they sign the log book.

Then rushing them grabbing the cache and rushing off into the dark with it.

There was another version two years ago that had a dead deers head near the cache and blood and a swamp beast too.

Ratty

Bravo! There were parts that I found very believable in this video. The scene where Steve's batteries dies was great until he threw his GPSr in the bushes. It was only when the camera man didn't go after it immediately did I I fully conclude that this wasn't a real life quest for 100th cache.