Formatting a Cache Page

gbmcache

If you are familiar with HTML, you can just click the little box above the fields to enter the short/long descriptions on a "Report a Cache" page. Then, just put in your HTML code.

If you don't know anything about HTML, you can probably google enough info to make it work anyways.

There are certain things you can't do, but an awful lot that you can. Have fun with it.

Do a Google search on "Free HTML Editor" or (click here).

There are a number of them. If you have Microsoft Front Page you can use that then go to the HTML tab and copy and paste.

There are many tutorials on the web too, but hand coding is really typing intensive.

But, you should be aware if you use some of the more decorative fonts, you Reader may not have that font on his/her computer.

There are many tutorials on the web too, but hand coding is really typing intensive.

Unless you can do DHTML in notepad with your eyes closed. =)

I actually hand code most of my stuff ( see our store ). All of my cache pages are hand coded. Sometimes I'll use FrontPage for the basic stuff, but hand code the rest. Sometime last year, they began to strip out <style> and most <script> from the listing. Before that I always made a custom cursor ( GCP6TT ), but can't do it anymore. They still let you do an alert box tho ( GC11Y22 )....

However, I do keep my eyes open when typing and I use UltraEdit!