Way Out Caches

Rhino and Hedgehog

That's the spirit. Hey this might turn out to be a group effort of note.....

By the way at the little berg to quote Rhino, "Even if we turned around here it was a good day". He was referring to the amazing view we had even from the little berg on the way to Cathedral. The views are extremely awesome even at 2000 m so believe me even if you never make the cache site you will be happy to even reach half way.

Bats and Rhino can vouch for me... The walk is tough and does demand a lot of stamina. But as unfit and overweight as I was/am I still conquered the mountain. So a little hiking beforehand should make even the unprepared person's chances a lot better. Twin's and Mitre are going to be tough and will not be an easy cache for anyone to do but as a team who knows.

Count on me been in on this one guys.....

Half of team I&J is also keen on this attempt! Will never do it on our own :blink: , but this is almost sounding like an event - one not to be missed and one to talk about at every event thereafter!

Anyone of you have rockclimbing experience? gear? mountaineering experience in the berg?

We are a new team in the sport. We were planing a hike in the twins region when we found out about the Cache on twins. We are thinking of going up and look for it. This would be the first real hunt for us. I have done some climbing in the berg(Column Sentinal Angus Lepan route ens.) and have all the gear needed(ropes & trade gear). Dont think the climbing would be to hecktick but rather be save. Will keep you updated on the planning.

We are a new team in the sport. We were planing a hike in the twins region when we found out about the Cache on twins. We are thinking of going up and look for it. This would be the first real hunt for us. I have done some climbing in the berg(Column Sentinal Angus Lepan route ens.) and have all the gear needed(ropes & trade gear). Dont think the climbing would be to hecktick but rather be save. Will keep you updated on the planning.

Amazing this would be an awesome attempt at a first cache. But climbing gear is probably not needed for the cache. Would be cool if you could join us though. Bit of real climbing skills can be shared with the hikers in us.

Hi Wazat.

I just hope we can find it. Had a look at the map of the Twins region and it is about 9km to Twins cave. It is a long trek into the Berg. So far we are only 2 going (me and my wife) and two of my climbing buddys said thay might come along, so if you want to tag along you are more than welcome. I am always up for meeting people that love the outdoors. I am just a bit worried about the weather, there are nothing on earth like a Berg thunderstorm.

I am looking forward to this alot. By the way have the Mikes pass one been Found?

Hi guys and girls.

Ok being very new to this i must just say that i love it. We got 9 Caches on Sunday and Monday and i just cant stop. On the trip to Twins, we are still going but with the weather the way it looks now who knows. We will try to get the one at Twins and then see about the Mitre. Also want to place one or two caches in the berg.

@ WaZat we will be in Newcastle round the 24 and 25 Dec so maybe we will bump into one another. 3 more days of work to go. Cant wait to get into the mountans, even if we dont get anything it is worth it.

Have a lekker Christmas and a happy new year. Drive safe and be save in the bush.

Cheers.