Bye bye

Just a quickie to say our farewells before we head off on our adventures down under.

We're currently sat in our hotel room in London only a few hours away from flying to our new home in Sydney. Our bags are packed (with half a suitcase dedicated to travel bugs!) and we're about to head off to Heathrow shortly. But first we'd just like to say a big thank you for all of the wonderful caches and amazing places we've been able to visit through geocaching here in the UK, and also how much we're going to miss the super geocaching community over here and the huge circle of friends we've made through the hobby.

We wish you all the very best, and hopefully see you at Carry on Camping 2010 (Down Under) ;) ???!!!

Bye bye

I know we only met once, under a gorse bush, but your influence on my journey into geocaching over the last year has been felt.

Look forward to reading some of the reactions to your puzzle based adventures on the otherside of the world.

As others advise - be careful everything bites down under - and we all know there is nothing worse than being bit down under!!

GOOD LICK

:D Now I didn't mean to type that - GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by ipplepen

When you read this message you will have landed in Australia. It was a shame that we just missed each other by a matter of a few hours at Heathrow today, but I had to go and find a cache near Heathrow large enough to place your "Sssydney Pleassse" travel bug :D

As you know I will definitely see you again down under when I visit my sister again. Cathy and I will be sure to look you up, and you never know.... maybe we will be able to find a few of your new caches? I wonder if the Aussies are up for Brother Nerd Down Under, or Poison Tree Frog'gle Eyes, or Not Another Aussie Puzzle Cache series, or How Slow Can You Go Cobber?..... Am I right with my thinking that you can recreate your whole cache collection to inflict on your new locals.

See you there one day!

Stuey, Cathy and Ozzy

How will you keep caching down under? I didn't even think they had electricity yet, let alone the interweb. If you telegram to Groundspeak, will they send you listings in the telemail? I just hope you took enough batteries with you to last a while! ;)

Take care all, will look you up if I ever make it that far, which is quite unlikely. Not unless we invade any time soon! ;) Maybe if I do something bad I'll get sent to one of them there prison colonies? You live anywhere nearby??? hehe

Ratty :)

Hi I just seen the post that you are leaving us and i didnt get the chance to hide away in a suitcase and log all those TB's you are taking with you, we remember you very well from COC2006 and you may just remember meeting the youngest Camping Geocacher Ever (17 days old) in fact we created a TB for her "Amber Alert".

Can we add our best wishes to you all in your new life "down under", May the sun light your path, may love surround you and may the light of inspiration always burn strong within you.

Team Vorvik

:rolleyes: Have heard from the clan this morn,everything going well for them and just got over the jetlag,they have been off discovering Sydney and having a great time.

They have been caching already but having probs with the coords on gps!! :o

<obvious daft comment>

Tell 'em to turn the GPS upside down.

</obvious daft comment>

Seriously though, they're the same!

We are here and so far so good. The weather is gorgeous and set to be lovely all week. We have settled into our apartment. It is 25 floors up and the balcony is a bit scary!!!

Today we get the car hire delivered then we are off to try and find a new home, car and all the boring stuff like tax file numbers etc. I am sure Mr H will manage to divert on a few occasions to find a few boxes!!!

Tammy x

They've started caching!!!

429b90a9-4131-4d41-a1a5-e364522daed6.jpg

Just a few thousand to go eh? hehe

That looks familiar! Heres a my little lad and I at the same spot just a fortnight earliar!

d72273a9-a7fd-429a-bd38-63c1a1e7a6c9.jpg

The nearest physical cache to this is Treebeard which I see the Hancocks also found.

Its funny because a local cacher to me at home (Joll) had left his calling card in it the day before I was there.