Logging Geooins

TeamTwisted

As a newbie I found my first geocoin today. Very exciting but being new I wasn't sure what the protocol was so I left it be but copied it's tracking number so as to research it. Turns out I can log it as "discovered" which I did but here lies the problem. Everyone else that has found or moved it has the cache title in a highlighted underlined blue so you can just click on the link and go directly to the page. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Any ideas????????

I logged my first geocoin today as "discovered". I made sure I was logged in in to my account and on the geocaching homepage, I clicked on "trackable items" in the column on the left. On that page, which list Geocoins, Travelbugs and Promotionals, you will be able to enter the geocoin tracking number and log your visit.

I logged my first geocoin today as "discovered". I made sure I was logged in in to my account and on the geocaching homepage, I clicked on "trackable items" in the column on the left. On that page, which list Geocoins, Travelbugs and Promotionals, you will be able to enter the geocoin tracking number and log your visit.

Ya see, I did the same thing as you, but when I tried to show the cache where I had found it, I couldn't turn the name into a link. Hard to explain thru text I guess ...

Edited by twisted22

Ya see, I did the same thing as you, but when I tried to show the cache where I had found it, I couldn't turn the name into a link. Hard to explain thru text I guess ...

You can "discover" a travel bug (including a geocoin) anywhere. This includes the situation where a fellow geocacher shows you a travel bug he or she has in their possession. Since at that point the travel bug isn't associated with any particular cache, there's no cache to list for the travel bug.

I never got into discovering travel bugs, but if I did, I would simply mention where and when I saw it in the note area. That doesn't provide a link you can click on, but that's the best that can be done other than manually creating a link to the cache you discovered it in (and I'm not sure the Web site even allows that, since I haven't tried it).

--Larry

As a newbie I found my first geocoin today. Very exciting but being new I wasn't sure what the protocol was so I left it be but copied it's tracking number so as to research it. Turns out I can log it as "discovered" which I did but here lies the problem. Everyone else that has found or moved it has the cache title in a highlighted underlined blue so you can just click on the link and go directly to the page. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Any ideas????????

Discovers don't reference the cache it's sitting in so there is not going to be any link to it. There's no way for you to add it so don't worry about it! ;)