mapping for geocaching

qwaka750

Hi all. I have a basic question i suppose would be a matter of opinion for a lot of people, however i would like to seek your opinion on which mapping system would be best for Geocaching based on your experience.

Q. what is better for Geocaching Metro Guide or City Navigator

Thanks

Greg.

Oh bye the way i am fairly new to geocaching and this is not for survey purposes or anything like that.

Cheers

Greg. ;)

What kind of unit do you have? If its one that supports autorouting (most of the new Garmins do) City Navigator is the logical choice, as Metroguide doesn't autoroute.

If you have an older unit that doesn't support autorouting (or a Venture HC which also doesn't), then MetroGuide is the better choice because it's cheaper.

Well you could spend the money on the City Navigator software but there is software on the net that will unlock the disabled autorouting part of metroguide. That is what I did and have had no probelms getting from point a to b with my vista HCX

What kind of unit do you have? If its one that supports autorouting (most of the new Garmins do) City Navigator is the logical choice, as Metroguide doesn't autoroute.

If you have an older unit that doesn't support autorouting (or a Venture HC which also doesn't), then MetroGuide is the better choice because it's cheaper.

I have a legend hcx. She is a brand new unit. I used to have an older model legend the blue one but it died. I have unlocked an older version of mapsource ver 4.00 2002. Seems ok but i think the newer version might be better.

Thanks for your reply ;)