Where to buy a GPS'r

hayndog

I'm about to buy a GPSMAP 60cx and I am overwhelmed by the options on where to purchase. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Can you please include the reason you would recommend the retailer.

Sorry I know this topic has to have been covered but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

I'm about to buy a GPSMAP 60cx and I am overwhelmed by the options on where to purchase. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Can you please include the reason you would recommend the retailer.

I have bought all my (new) GPSr off amazon. Good price, free shipping on most, good tracking, and I have used them for years with no problems at all.

Another vote for Amazon.

They're a WELL established company with a good reputation. Their price is almost as low as any you will find, and they'll ship free if you're willing to wait 5-7 days. To me, the free shipping makes their prices as good or better than any other price out there. Their established reputation puts my mind at ease, and the 5-7 day wait is worth the benefits I get to do business with Amazon. Plus, they have a good return policy; but if you buy a Garmin, it's a moot point!

Another plug for Amazon.

I think we have gotten four or five of them from Amazon, and never had a problem. On one of them, we signed up for the Amazon visa card and got $30 off; the next two (a 60 CSx and a Vista HCx) were actually free, since we used our Amazon reward points to get them.

Seeing how a company deals with mistakes and returns is also very helpful. A year or two ago I ordered City Select 7 from Amazon, and they sent me City Select 6. I emailed them about the mixup, and they said no problem, just return it (they paid the postage) and they'd replace it... the replacement CS 7 was in my mailbox the next day before I had even had a chance to return CS 6! That made me a very happy customer :)

ehqonline has also had several positive reviews in this forum. I haven't bought a GPS from them, but I did buy City Navigator NT 2008 from them recently. I was happy with the transaction -- it was the lowest price I could find, and they had free shipping.

if you have a Bass Pro Shop in you area or you can go to their web site.

i purchased a gpsr unit at one of the retail outlets, that unit went on the fritz in about 70 days, thought i was going to go through one of the nightmarish stories you read on the forums about customer service . so i took it back to the Bass Pro store, they asked if i would like my money back or to exchange it. no questions asked . now hows that for service?

Sorry I know this topic has to have been covered but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

I recently bought my GPSr from Amazon. Though I could save a few bucks off else where, I know Amazon is safe and I have never had any issue with them. That and since I dont have a paypal account setup I didnt want to bother with ebay.

Thanks for all of the response.

I just ordered the 60cx from Amazon. I hadn't even thought about them until I got the posts here. I had looked at Tiger direct , ebay, Thenerds.com, Bass Pro, and pretty much everywhere else mentioned but when you do the math then factor in the no hassle, customer service issue I decided Amazon was the way to go.

I paid about $10.00 more than the very cheapest price which was Thenerds.com but I found that they had several bad ratings on a customer service web site.

Thanks again,

Hayndog