Eau Claire, WI

Kinney16

My bf and I are heading to Eau Claire, WI for Christmas this year and I'd like to plan on filling some of our days with caching adventures.

1. Are there any super interesting MUST FIND caches in the area?

2. Are there any events nearby that we maybe can drop in on?

3. Anyone out there willing to be a lifeline in the event we get stumped?

4. Any other pertinent information/questions that I should know/ask?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Unfortunatly we are in Milwaukee on the other side of the state. Also I don't know how many Wisconsinites read this part of the GC fourms. Here is a link to the Wisconsin Geocaching Association forums. http://www.wi-geocaching.com/modules.php?name=Forums Try the post in the forums there and you should get numerous responses. If you don't want to register there to post in the fourms email me and I will start a topic for you.

My bf and I are heading to Eau Claire, WI for Christmas this year and I'd like to plan on filling some of our days with caching adventures.

1. Are there any super interesting MUST FIND caches in the area?

2. Are there any events nearby that we maybe can drop in on?

3. Anyone out there willing to be a lifeline in the event we get stumped?

4. Any other pertinent information/questions that I should know/ask?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

i found some but not much but i found winie the poo tb

1. Are there any super interesting MUST FIND caches in the area? Any of the HBZ 50 caches. It'll be a park once hit multiple cache situation (and most of them are ammo boxes... woo hoo!) There are also two great night caches in the area that shouldn't be missed

2. Are there any events nearby that we maybe can drop in on? I don't see any that are coming up.

3. Anyone out there willing to be a lifeline in the event we get stumped? You can IM me if you want my phone #.

4. Any other pertinent information/questions that I should know/ask? Alot of the parks in and around Eau Claire require day passes, there are kiosks at the parking areas to buy the passes.

Edited by lagrac

I live in EC, and I imagine I'll be in the area when you're here. :blink: My girlfriend and I work nights, so we cache during the day, usually during the week. There's tons of great caches here, We'll have to meet up and check a couple out if you'd like! We've done a lot of the caches in the area, so I'd love to serve as a lifeline, should you need one! Good luck!!

Vegas Gambler, thanks for the website. I would greatly appreciate you starting a thread for me there.

Lagrac, I would be very interested to know which night caches you speak of so I could check out the cache pages. And I appreciate the heads up on the park passes.

emmy1515, I may just have to take you up on that offer for a lifeline.

As much as I love caching, I have a feeing that I'll only be able to convince the bf to go a couple of times, so I'd really like to find some especially good ones!

As much as I love caching, I have a feeing that I'll only be able to convince the bf to go a couple of times, so I'd really like to find some especially good ones!

Sounds like you need a different boyfriend. :ph34r:

Naa. He's alright, we'll just be busy with wedding stuff for his brother since that is the reason we'll be in town. So I'm just assuming we'll only have the opportunity to go a couple of times.