Science Fair Cointest

moscow32

1. An "internal" point of view is one where you see things happening as if you are looking through your own eyes. For instance, if you are catching a baseball, you would see the ball moving towards you, becoming larger as it approached your hands.

An "external" point of view is one where you see things happening to you as if you are another person. For instance, if you are catching a baseball, you would see yourself reaching for the ball, as if you are a spectator at a game.

When you dream, which point of view do you use? (check one, please)

Internal __

External __

Both __

2. Do you consider yourself to be creative? (check only one)

Yes __

No __

3. Age 17

4. Gender M

Internal __

External X

Both __

Yes X Most of the time

No __

3. Age 54

Like Token Collector, I would like to know what her hypotesis is, too! This sounds like a very interesting project! :D

1. An "internal" point of view is one where you see things happening as if you are looking through your own eyes. For instance, if you are catching a baseball, you would see the ball moving towards you, becoming larger as it approached your hands.

An "external" point of view is one where you see things happening to you as if you are another person. For instance, if you are catching a baseball, you would see yourself reaching for the ball, as if you are a spectator at a game.

Internal __

External __

Both _X_

Yes _X

No__

3. Age 44_

4. Gender _F_

The random number generator picked post #61, so congrats to derschlings! I'll send you a pm.

Thank you so much for your help with this science project! I am assured that the budding scientist is very happy!

Cheers-

Brady (moscow32)

Congrats derschlings! Yet again the elusive moscow32 fish has gotten away from me...one day I will catch thy fishy! :)

Ugh, that stinks losing the fish! I'm looking at my freshwater tank right now...or rather trying not to. I've got an algae problem that I just can't get beat and a lazy plecostamous... how do you spell that! Not too mention the fact that I need to add water and scrape the sides...

Yippee.

At least you have the courage to go for a salt water tank! They are gorgeous, but I'm too chicken... not to mention too broke!

Hope the girls take it ok!

Naomi :)

I sure hope that you haven't been holding your breath on this one, but I just got a note from my friend whose daughter posed the questions answered by you all during this cointest. This is what she had to say:

In the end, thanks to your generosity, we ended up with 524 responses, which my daughter grouped in three samples. I'll try not to bore you to death, but I wanted to circle back and give you the results since you were so kind to help her.

Her hypothesis:

My hypothesis is that I will be able to predict whether people consider themselves to be creative based on their dream style, age, and gender. Specifically, I believe that young females who dream from an external perspective will consider themselves creative more than the remaining population in my sample.

Sadly, her hypothesis was neither proven nor disproven. The first sample disproved her hypothesis while the second provided mixed results. The third and largest sample actually did prove her hypothesis. C'est la vie - you just have to trust the data in the end, and this data just begged for more research.

As a mom, I was more impressed by her thought processes than by the sheer numbers involved. She came to the conclusions that there is too much cultural influence during our waking hours to have that not affect the way a person dreams. It was great to see her pull what-if's when considering the roles of social class, race, religion, values, and the glass ceiling for professional women. I am a proud mama!

I will say, though, that I found the research of others to be fascinating. (it's always good when your mom gets into your project...hehe) Not only has one team researched dream perspective, but they also researched whether people dream from a movie-like stream of images or more of a slide-show type. Very cool stuff...

Thanks again and again for all your help. We are all appreciative around here. Hoping for an A -

Thanks all for the help you provided for this science fair project. Cheers!

Thanks for posting the results. As my son's science fair looms in the near future, it made me think about these postings.

You must have been reading my mind because I certainly wondered what the outcome was. Thanks for letting us know. . .very interesting results, even if her hypothesis couldn't be proven.

Edited by Degai

Thanks for posting the results. As my son's science fair looms in the near future, it made me think about these postings.

You must have been reading my mind because I certainly wondered what the outcome was. Thanks for letting us know. . .very interesting results, even if her hypothesis couldn't be proven.

Bravo :)