Geocoin Protective Sleeves

NightShift79

i recently came across our first geocoin and it was encased in its own plastic sleeve. it could almost be described as a tiny see thru plastic envelope in which you slide the geocoin into. now i've just ordered our first coins and one of them is oddly shaped (i.e. not a round coin), so i'm thinking these types of plastic sleeves would be perfect for our new coins because, depending on the size, your coin doesnt have to be pefectly round to fit in these types of cases. but, after doing a bit of research, all i've found are these kinds of cases: http://www.greatplainsgeocachestore.com/ca...314/4014387.htm . they are made for only round, specifically sized coins. so they would not work for odd-shaped coins. so my question is, does anyone know where i can get the odd-shaped-coin friendly type of sleeve?

Hi CowntyCupl, you could try some bifold coin flips from CRAKE at http://www.crakephoto.com/store/geocoins.html

They should do the job for you as most non-round coins will fit in them.

thanks blind.....but how do they work? its hard to tell from the picture and there's no description to explain...

The bi-folds usually come with the coin in one sleeve and the activation code/vendor information in the other one and folded in half. I released a coin in Italy this summer in one of these. I stapled the side with the coin so it wouldn't "slip" out and put the coin mission in the other side.

The bi-folds usually come with the coin in one sleeve and the activation code/vendor information in the other one and folded in half. I released a coin in Italy this summer in one of these. I stapled the side with the coin so it wouldn't "slip" out and put the coin mission in the other side.

oh! ok so basically its a two sided container sleeve in which each side is an open ended envelope...is that right?

oh! ok so basically its a two sided container sleeve in which each side is an open ended envelope...is that right?

Yes that's about right. But before you go out and buy some, keep in mind that almost every geocoin vendor will ship the coins to you in one of these pouches. Some use the two sided flip, and some use a single pocket flip. It's almost certain that the coins you've order will come in a coin flip that fits the coin, no matter how oddly shaped it is.

Yes that's about right. But before you go out and buy some, keep in mind that almost every geocoin vendor will ship the coins to you in one of these pouches. Some use the two sided flip, and some use a single pocket flip. It's almost certain that the coins you've order will come in a coin flip that fits the coin, no matter how oddly shaped it is.

yes i was planning to wait until after i recieved my coin before i started shopping for cases for that very reason. the only thing that made me think of this was the fact that i bought form ebay so i wasnt sure if the pouch rule applied there.

The bi-folds usually come with the coin in one sleeve and the activation code/vendor information in the other one and folded in half.

hey there

i just thought i'd drop a note to say that i recieved my coins from ebay and they did in fact come with a sleeve identical to the one described above. thanks for all who gave me some input!