Fire Relief Auction

Cornerstone4

As most of you know, we have had some devastating fires here in Southern California this past week. We had to evacuate my parents from Fallbrook, but thankfully, their home was fine, and they were able to return on Saturday.

Unfortunately, one of our caching families that also live in Fallbrook were not so fortunate. Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag have lost their home.

Tomorrow, I am listing one of my LE Cachers4Christ coins on Ebay as a fund raiser for them. I'm sure insurance will cover most of the costs of rebuilding, but that will take time, and I'm sure they have immediate needs.

I will post a link to the auction once I get it listed. I'm sure they would appreciate any other help that they could get. In the local San Diego forums they are working on a specific list of needs that they have.

Thanks,

C4

As most of you know, we have had some devastating fires here in Southern California this past week. We had to evacuate my parents from Fallbrook, but thankfully, their home was fine, and they were able to return on Saturday.

Unfortunately, one of our caching families that also live in Fallbrook were not so fortunate. Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag have lost their home.

Tomorrow, I am listing one of my LE Cachers4Christ coins on Ebay as a fund raiser for them. I'm sure insurance will cover most of the costs of rebuilding, but that will take time, and I'm sure they have immediate needs.

I will post a link to the auction once I get it listed. I'm sure they would appreciate any other help that they could get. In the local San Diego forums they are working on a specific list of needs that they have.

Thanks,

C4

could you post a link to this....I'll see what I can get together to send to them this way

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your generosity! :D

I will send my addy to everyone that requested it in the morning.

In the meantime, here is the link to the list of needs: Needs List

(I'm truly sorry for the delayed response. I truly appreciate all of your efforts. Believe it or not, right after I posted this thread, I got a call from my wife...a 21 year-old son of some good friends of ours committed suicide this morning. I left to go to their house and just got home to a computer.)

OK...I'm not financially able to send out any items (or gift cards for that matter), but I do hope to be able to help in some small way?

I've got an event in a few weeks, let me see if I can get some donations to send your way. (I know, I'm in Michigan...well Geocaching is a communtity isn't it?)

I'll start the whole thing off by donating a coin or two (I really am low on any coins at this time...bummer) to raffle off!

email on the way. Actually, I PM'd C4...you have a PM sir!

silly keyboard mistake...

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I just received an email from them, and I asked them to give me an address where folks can send things. (If you saw how messy my office is...you would understand why I don't necessarily want to be a collection point! :D )

I will provide that via email once I have it.

For the time being, they are staying with friends until they can get some sort of 5th wheel on their property to live in until the rebuilding process is complete.

While they lost their house and everything in it, they did escape with their pets, so that is good news!

Thanks again for all of the support, and I will keep you posted in here and via email when I have more info.

Thanks!

Dave

Oh, I almost forgot to respond to an earlier post. Out here we have Target, Wal Mart, KMart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Kohl's, Sears, Bed Bath and Beyond...and I'm sure I've left something out. I'm just trying to think of major stores that would have many different items they will need. You guys are awesome!

Edited to add: Even cards to food places would be good. Quiznos, Subway, Chilis, Red Robin, TGI Fridays...or something else you may think of. They will be living in a 5th-wheel for at least 6 months, so I'm sure eating out will be a treat!

Edited by Cornerstone4

A big thank you, and an even bigger apology!

First, I would like to thank everyone in the community. As usual, you all proved what a great bunch of folks our community is filled with.

I would like to thank all that donated for the cause.

Now, for the big apology! I have yet to get any more auctions listed! ;)

When I originally posted the idea, to be honest, I was hoping folks would list their coins, and just send TinFoil Hat Head and Wall-Eyed Nutbag the proceeds. Well, when folks started offering to send me coins to list, I accepted since I wanted to get this family some much needed relief. I should have known better, and realized I just didn't have the time.

I won't go into the list of reasons, but like so many other folks, times have been tough in this economy. I have coins of my own that I really need to list, but I haven't since I felt too guilty about not listing the relief coins.

I want to assure all of you that donated coins that they will be listed for their intended purpose, but not by me. I contacted TFHH & WENB, (Their name is just too long to type it again!), but unfortunately, until they get more permanently settled, they just don't have the ability to list and then send out any coins.

I will be posting a note in the local San Diego forums to see if another local cacher will take over the task of getting these coins listed.

Thanks,

Dave