What have you found?

After reading the what have you lost thread I realized I'd found almost as many odd items as I've lost. I found a pair of new binoculars, a couple thousand good hiking sticks (all piled on the porch while my wife threatens me weekly with a pack of matches :D ), bullets for 9mm, a camo seatcushion, a couple arrows, a feather from a heron and a few shed antlers. So what have you found? :mad:

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Found two cache containers for the same cache almost within ten feet of each other. Found the original cache container that was thought to be gone for over a year! Pens, lots and lots of pens! Snakes, hawks, twin fawns, herons, bullfrogs, squirrels, rabbits, other cachers :D , wallets(empty), glasses, a purse (also empty), countless butterflies, seashells and beautiful scenery.

Rear Seat for a 71 Blazer. (I had a 75 at the time and needed a seat).

Leatherman Micra.

Prescription Glasses.

While doing things other than caching I've found quite a bit of stuff.

My favorite was watching something blow off the roof of a minivan. I chased them down and told them exactly where that something had blown off. She looked at me funny like there was no way in heck that she could have possibly had something blow off the roof of her van that she had put there. I had a hunch she wasn't going to go back and get it so at lunch I did. Sure enough in the middle of the road was her checkbook. I dropped it off on the way home that night.

A huge wheelbarrow (blue) coming over the mountain from one of JoeHook's caches.

A brand new Hav-a-Heart trap tossed in a ditch because the person who caught the raccoon was too wussy to let it out (up on Salem Mt.).

A nice pair of Cabela's needle-nosed pliers at one of OBG's caches.

A shiny, new Stanley hammer at another OBG cache.

Really ugly prescription glasses at one of Shoob's caches (left them on the gate in case the owner returned).

Ript2shreds' snazzy gel pen at a FirstMate25 cache near Matamoras.

A pile of fancy lingerie near Stiffler's Bear Creek Falls cache (left it there...ick!).

i found a wallet that was lost two years prior. when i called the guy at the last known address, he chuckled when i told him that his high school id and cash card were inside (albeit very dirty). the dollar or two in the wallet were quite disintegrated (my son was quite bummed about that). we cut everything up to be on the safe side and disposed of the wallet (which was too disgusting to save)--too bad. i offered to drive the whole mess out to him to reminisce, but he passed. ; )

We also found two checkbooks (both from the same owner) and tried to contact him at both address telephone numbers without success.

my friend found a really nice scope while walking back from a trail just yesterday.

A dead crow right in front of a cache, a dead mouse in front of a multi clue, and just last week a big antler stuck in a tree. Good stuff in a cache would include a beautiful, carved? hard cover log book in Touchstone's "Pooh Sticks" cache, and old Batman or ScoobyDoo mctoys (because my son is crazy about anything Scooby or Batman).

I've found all the usual stuff, lost possessions of hikers and hunters, but there's one thing I keep finding over and over: those mylar helium balloons. I'll be hiking to some remote peak in the desert and spot something shiny--a deflated silver balloon.

Now you know where those things go when they get loose.

I once thought I'd found a cache in a magnetic key box but it turned out to be someone's spare key.

Hehe...I did that EXACT same thing a few days ago. Should have seen the look on my face when I opened the container and found a key instead of a logbook. Who would hide a spare key under a garbage can on the side of a highway?

Most interesting thing we've found was a Ziplock container partially hidden under some leaves. We thought it was the cache until we opened it and found a MP3 player and a wallet, complete with ID, credit cards, and cash. We tried calling the person but only got a busy signal so we ended up turning it in at the police station. Weird.

:blink: A few years ago we found all neatly folded a $100.00 bill on a deserted trail, no one in sight and no one logged the cache as a find the same day we did. Must have been just a trail walker! :huh:

So did I!! I was following a winding road through a desert park. The road was going to wind in a loop, rather that walk the road, I cut across the desert scrub area, About 75 feet away from the road, there was a $100 bill that has been trapped by a small bush and partly covered by sand.

Do you think there is a rich geocacher leaving $100 bills around when he or she goes geocaching?

:blink: A few years ago we found all neatly folded a $100.00 bill on a deserted trail, no one in sight and no one logged the cache as a find the same day we did. Must have been just a trail walker! :huh:

So did I!! I was following a winding road through a desert park. The road was going to wind in a loop, rather that walk the road, I cut across the desert scrub area, About 75 feet away from the road, there was a $100 bill that has been trapped by a small bush and partly covered by sand.

Do you think there is a rich geocacher leaving $100 bills around when he or she goes geocaching?

If that's the case, someone send him to Sweden, Lord knows we could use a hundred bucks, lol!

I found a well used machete, a partial jaw of a mammal (I assume it was a dog. It definitely was not a deer or a human), some stained and buried cloth, and a pile of ashes all in the same creepy location.

It almost looked like some sort of sacrifice location. I ultimately removed the machete.

Never actually found the cache. Soon thereafter it was archived.

Anyone missing fido?

How about the time when I thought I found a cache after spending over an hour on the site and it turned out to be somebody else's stash.... 7 knives and 5 bullets.

Or another time when I found a very well used condom in a cache

Or another time I found a nasty magazine in a cache- took it out and threw it away

Or another time found a cache full of dirt!