fam.bergum 2008 geocoin.

fam.bergum

As you probably know the front of the coin is inspired by our norwegian moose warning signs. They are quite popular among tourists..... 500 signs are lost every year.

_1048304_jpg_219214a.jpg

500 signs a year are lost, Up here it's like 500 cars lost to moose a year. (well maybe not 500, but be a tow truck driver and it feels that way)

Oh ya, add me to one of those that would be interested in your coin as well.

Edited by slippery_1

Please add me to your list...

I would like to have one of each metal.

I'm a big fan of Scandinavia and have been in Norway twice (10 times in Sweden). Fantastic nature and lovely people...

That's why I have this nick. ;)

Please tell me, how I can get these coins... Please! :D

Thank you all for your interest, I will contact you all when I get my samples in hand.

Hallgeir

As you probably know the front of the coin is inspired by our norwegian moose warning signs. They are quite popular among tourists..... 500 signs are lost every year.

_1048304_jpg_219214a.jpg

Det här är verkligen ett mynt jag älskar!!

We have the same problem with the signs here in Sweden, they look almost identical, except that the background isn't white, it's kind of a golden orange color.

Danged tourists and their desire for a triangle shaped picnic table :D

I have keychains and stickers that I use as swag and they are some of our most popular swag, I notice they never stay in caches long!

Please put us down for a trade, too!

Naomi ;)

:D

I wake up... go to my computer... and have to see there is no set available for me... that can't be true. :D

Have you reserved the coins for the guys in this thread (including me)?

Or can I only get a standard coin... that would be a pitty.

SwedenHawk

edit:

Thanks for making the sets available... :D

Edited by SwedenHawk

SwedenHawk

My intention was to make 20 sets of this coins, and only sell 10 of them. But there are probably not any reason for not making those available. If you want to reserve any of the 10 sets that are left, send me an email, with your info.

Hallgeir

:D

I wake up... go to my computer... and have to see there is no set available for me... that can't be true. :)

SwedenHawk

I'll second the wailing! :D:D

Put in a reservation for some regular ones in case the sets really are all gone afore any forum-based list was processed. :D

Then again, any moose is better than no moose! :D

Edit to add: Woo, managed to switch from 3 of 1 to getting 1 of 3! :D:D:D

Now if they could only get the REAL moose to wear glow paint... :D:D:o

Edited by dflye

Looks like a moose of a coin! :unsure:

What size/thickness is it? Will you be trading / selling the coin? I'd definitely be interested in trading for one, potentially purchase one if the cost of shipping isn't too high.

As i remembered the size was 1.5 inch, but i measured one of the samples and its 42.5 mm and that equals 1.75 inch? I hope this don't affect the decision of you kind people that has reserved.

:ph34r:

Edit :42.5 not 44.5

Edited by fam.bergum

As i remembered the size was 1.5 inch, but i measured one of the samples and its 42.5 mm and that equals 1.75 inch? I hope this don't affect the decision of you kind people that has reserved.

:unsure:

Edit :42.5 not 44.5

Actually, 42.5 mm is more like 1.67 inches. But either way, I'm looking forward to this coin! :ph34r:

Edited by ChadsClan