Classic Car Owners Amongst you!

IMG_2832.jpg

Haven't been caching in the Mustang yet, bit tight getting the two dogs in.

Plus her indoors, and the one babe that is still at home, + a handbag or two.

edited to add..yes I know it's not a classic, but it's a bit different, no?

Loving the Healey. :D

Edited by uk89camaro

We are the owners of a white 1971 Herald 13/60 Convertible. We do the odd caching trip as a family in it. Great in the Summer.

Would add photo but cant fathom out how to do it.

You can't upload a photo directly from your home PC, you need to host the picture somewhere else. For example photobucket. There are many others.

Create your account, then upload your photo's from your home machine. On the host account you can then copy the image link. Then, on GC.com when replying to a post click on the "insert image" icon (looks like a tree), and follow the steps.

Sorry if that sounded a bit simpleton.

Regards.

Paul

Edited by uk89camaro

You can't upload a photo directly from your home PC, you need to host the picture somewhere else. For example photobucket. There are many others.

Create your account, then upload your photo's from your home machine. On the host account you can then copy the image link. Then, on GC.com when replying to a post click on the "insert image" icon (looks like a tree), and follow the steps.

Sorry if that sounded a bit simpleton.

Regards.

Paul

Hi Paul, you seem to know what you are talking about so can you explain why my picture wont upload.

This is my URL.......... http://fire.prohosting.com/johnziss/jo/fluffside2.jpg

When i click on the upload image icon it says that my URL is wrong.

Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Edited by Red Squadron

That site may not support 'hot linking', or whatever it's called. Sometimes the name may be right, but the caps wrong. WHATEVER.jpg isn't the same as whatever.JPG, for example. Might be worth checking.

That might be right. I've put it in my phtobucket for now, just to show it.

fluffside2.jpg

Thanks for showing my Spitfire pic, I will persevere with another upload. I should get it right by 2012 ;)

[/img]

fluff.jpg

Ok, well I must admit that it had me fooled. When i click on the icon for uploading pics I get a box appear that has a http:// in it, so I put in the photobucket URL. When i view it on the forum it only uploads a bit of text called [/img]

So I decided to just copy and paste the URL here in the reply window....BINGO !!

So why cant I use the Insert Image button ? Strange ?

Anyway, apologies to those of you that have put up with my feeble attempts at uploading a pic. And thanks for the help I have receivedfrom Keehotee and Paul.

[/img]

fluff.jpg

Ok, well I must admit that it had me fooled. When i click on the icon for uploading pics I get a box appear that has a http:// in it, so I put in the photobucket URL. When i view it on the forum it only uploads a bit of text called [/img]

So I decided to just copy and paste the URL here in the reply window....BINGO !!

So why cant I use the Insert Image button ? Strange ?

Anyway, apologies to those of you that have put up with my feeble attempts at uploading a pic. And thanks for the help I have receivedfrom Keehotee and Paul.

John,

you don't have to use the image insert button. Just paste the url as text then add the IMG tags at the start and end. P.s. you can use the "preview post" tho. ;)

What's the RH Cd.

RH=Robin Hood,

Ford (I think???) based 'pocket rocket' Lotus 7 type kit car as pictured above.

Cd=Compact Disc or cross dresser, whatever your preference ;)

Jon.

Yes Robin Hood Siearra based and yes to Compact disk allthough there is further evidence in SP's gallery ...

it weighed about 600kgs and surprised my boss when i went past him like his car was parked in a lay by £2400 worth of home made car passing his 40k BMW. ;) it could really scare you if you pushed it into corners a real driving experience ;)

The heat wash in summer was a bit of a problem though...

If it were this video:

or this video,
, then yes, that's me on the RH CD (not sure if they ever asked me about using my video, mind...) I agree about the heat wash in summer (ducting air in from the nose-cone can fix this though) and performance. I was getting 0-60 times of 6.6 seconds, with two people in it from mine. Apart from bikes, there wasn't a lot else I met on the road that could keep up (up to about 80mph anyway, where aerodynamics begin to really limit the 7's potential) when I was in the mood to put my foot down.

If it were this video:

or this video,
, then yes, that's me on the RH CD (not sure if they ever asked me about using my video, mind...) I agree about the heat wash in summer (ducting air in from the nose-cone can fix this though) and performance. I was getting 0-60 times of 6.6 seconds, with two people in it from mine. Apart from bikes, there wasn't a lot else I met on the road that could keep up (up to about 80mph anyway, where aerodynamics begin to really limit the 7's potential) when I was in the mood to put my foot down.

It was "on days like these" on the cd i got with the car. I ducted from the nose cone as well not much help in a traffic jam though even after i fitted a fan.

Never timed mine but similar on the performance side not much could keep up with it on windy bach roads

It was nice to have the more modern 2 litre injection under the hood rather than the more usuall pinto.

We did toy with the idea of a dakar but the rear seat arrangements dont fit 3 kids ;) we will have another kit at some point though having owned 4 more than the one above.

Dont think id go for a RH again though just a bit to rough

But a lot of smiles per mile, and bangs for the buck. I was supposed to sell mine last year because two open-top cars is an indulgence, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The CD you got with the car? Did you buy it as a kit, or was it something the previous owner had downloaded off the net? If it's the former, they certainly didn't ask permission and as a business, they really should have. ;)

But a lot of smiles per mile, and bangs for the buck. I was supposed to sell mine last year because two open-top cars is an indulgence, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The CD you got with the car? Did you buy it as a kit, or was it something the previous owner had downloaded off the net? If it's the former, they certainly didn't ask permission and as a business, they really should have. ;)

Ill have to check when i get home its been a while since i looked at it and yes i bought a ready built one, retrimmed the inside from mud brown to black (i used to work for an automotive trim company and had spare material) spray painted the fibreglass and upgraded to stainless steel bolts on the fastening points cost me about £100 to do up.

Would you be "that" surprised if they were using your video without asking ? i know i wouldnt be having dealt with them a few times over the years.

Still dont make it right though ;)

We did toy with the idea of a dakar but the rear seat arrangements dont fit 3 kids ;) we will have another kit at some point though having owned 4 more than the one above.

Erm... I think of all kit's, the Dakar is one of the few that would seat three kids in the back. I opted to put two bucket seats in the back of mine, but standard fitment is to refit a slightly modified version of the rear bench seat out the donor Disco or Range Rover.

Jon

I have had some fun and games loading the picture. This is the URL that is the link from Photobucket but I cant seem to didplay a picture. Like a few of the other guys, the insert image seems to state that it doesnt like what I am inputting and says 'dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/S...pg?t=1194286869

Edited by ForsdykeFinders

I have had some fun and games loading the picture. This is the URL that is the link from Photobucket but I cant seem to didplay a picture. Like a few of the other guys, the insert image seems to state that it doesnt like what I am inputting and says 'dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/S...pg?t=1194286869

Hi, Do what I did ad paste the URL straight onto the reply window and dont use the Insert Image icon. It worked for me after spending a lot of time messing about with URL's.