So how many of you other geocachers dressed up today?

I am. My supervisor had a bunch of Hawaiian stuff left from a luau, so she decided we should all be hula girls for Halloween. Most of us are well over 50, and one of us is male, and one is seven months pregnant, so we're a pretty pathetic-looking bunch of hula girls! The office is full of inflatable palm trees and stuffed parrots and pictures of Elvis :(, and we're not getting a lot of work done, so that's good.

Once in awhile a "not really geocaching" related thread is allowed to stay. As long as we get more cool pictures. Who knows, it may stimulate some ideas for ways to hide our caches.

I ran out of time, but almost attended the Geocaching event on Sunday in this costume as well...I was also worried that I wouldn't get through the restaurant though. There, somewhat back on-topic even! :(

No description of your costume? No pic?

You're asking a lot and not giving any.

I always have an itch at a certain spot on my back. It's maddening. I think it's due to a pinced nerve somewhere but it doesn't have to be in the area of the itch. I keep a back scratcher at my desk at work, at my desk at home, and by my bed. I'm often seen scratching against a corner at work.

Of course I have the geocaching itch as well. (Have to say something about geocaching you know. :( )

I would have dressed up for work, but my costume is a 9'8" alien, so it doesn't work so well inside. I did make it to the Austin Trick-or-Treat Trail on Sunday and was dressed for that.

I'm 37, but you better believe I'll be dressed tonight to walk around with my kids!

pics2_071.jpg

crowd.jpg

Excellent costume!!!

I'm not dressed for halloween this year, but I did make a costume for Moxie. She wore it last night to a halloween costume constest/party at Planet Dog. She's a Genie on a Flying carpet.

She's very tolerant of us! :(

8453d8ac-1c38-40ff-b8e7-3ef5cb0e0878.jpg

Her real feet are underneath; she's standing in this photo. She won first place!

I'm not dressed for halloween this year, but I did make a costume for Moxie. She wore it last night to a halloween costume constest/party at Planet Dog. She's a Genie on a Flying carpet.

She's very tolerant of us! :)

8453d8ac-1c38-40ff-b8e7-3ef5cb0e0878.jpg

Her real feet are underneath; she's standing in this photo. She won first place!

That costume is genius! Well done! :) Edited by 9Key

Her real feet are underneath; she's standing in this photo.

NO WAY--she's standing??!! ; )

Don't worry. I'm 35, dressed like a witch with cap and cape (yeah, boring--I know). The secretaries can't do much else for costumes here because we actually _have_ to work!

Over lunch, as I approached two fellow cachers at GZ, I put an "official geocache" sticker over my mouth. I was trying to pretend to be a moving geocache, but neither of them "got it".

Edited by meralgia

I didn't wear a costume, but I have tons of halloween theme clothing and jewelry and I've been wearing them for the last week. I have things like that for all the holidays. My daughter told me once that if anyone looked at the way I dress near holidays, they would think I was an elementary teacher instead of a high school teacher!

Highschool is Scary. I saw a 6 foot tall chicken walk into algabra this morning... he was clucking. While I can't say I dressed up, I have been scared by those who did.

What's so odd about a six-foot chicken??

24aeddcd-d0b5-40ac-bfc0-6d7d2142847e.jpg

I've met you. You are odd.

Here I am at work today.

85e37722-9688-4699-9726-5a36008bc976.jpg

I've met both of you, and you are both odd.

I've met both of you, and you are both odd.

I've met all three of you, and I am more odd than all of you put together.

:D:D:)

This is me for Halloween this year.

I've seen you at a GGA meeting. I didn't notice much of a difference. :):)

Today I wore my Atlanta Falcons polo shirt. I told people I was a football coach for a major NFL franchise and I knew everything there was to know about how to coach a winning team.

:D

I got some great laughs. :D

Happy Halloween Ya'll! I'm sitting in my office, and of course I'm the only person dressed up! I don't care...I may be 33, but I don't have to lose that kid inside of me!

Now fess up, who else out there is all dressed up and ready to go trick or treating today? :)

We had our Halloween lunch / party today at work. Only 5 of us dressed. We had three devils, one nun, and me. And, of course, JuniorNimrod had his own costume.

costume07.jpgcostume07-2.jpg

I wore the mask (yes, I am wearing it in the picture) when I walked around with my son.

I never dress up. I tell folks that I'm dressed as a curmudgeon. It fits well.

A friend of mine who's in a wheelchair carries around a golf club for halloween. When asked what's up with the golf club he tells them, "I'm working on my handicap."

LOL, I'm a wheelchair user too. I like that, "working on my handcap" LOL :huh::D:mad:

Chip and I went to a halloween costume contest tonight and got 1st and 2nd place but wouldn't you know it, we left our camera and videocamera at home when we rushed out of the house. We are going to dress up again and post pics some time today. I'll post em here when we do em.

I didn't dress up. I haven't in years.

Maybe 15 years ago there was a costume contest in work. I didn't have a costume, but I was wearing a white shirt and black dress pants, so I went to my car, grabbed white socks from my gym bag, took off my tie, pulled my pants up, found glasses and a pocket protector, slicked back my hair and did the nerd thing. I won the contest, which really ticked off a few people who spent days working on their costumes.

Let me first preface my comment with the fact that I have no problem with this thread, but this is a perfect example of not equally enforcing the forum guidelines. This topic has NOTHING to do with geocaching. I've seen threads closed for being off-topic that at least had some relevence.

Please enforce the guidelines in a fair manner. Otherwise, what's the point of moderating?

Let me first preface my comment with the fact that I have no problem with this thread, but this is a perfect example of not equally enforcing the forum guidelines. This topic has NOTHING to do with geocaching. I've seen threads closed for being off-topic that at least had some relevence.

Please enforce the guidelines in a fair manner. Otherwise, what's the point of moderating?

Let me comment that I have no problem with hall monitors, but this is a perfect example of someone trying to ruin the fun that everyone else is having just because they don't like it. This reminds me of the folks that would complain about multilogging at events on the other side of the country from them, so you've brought the thread a little closer to geocaching than it was without even realizing it. Thanks. :D

I'm sorry. Was just feeling the Halloween Spirit and wanted to share it with my geocaching friends. I didn't mean to cause any irritation. :D Will stay completely on topic from this point on!!! :mad:

I didn't dress up. I haven't in years.

Maybe 15 years ago there was a costume contest in work. I didn't have a costume, but I was wearing a white shirt and black dress pants, so I went to my car, grabbed white socks from my gym bag, took off my tie, pulled my pants up, found glasses and a pocket protector, slicked back my hair and did the nerd thing. I won the contest, which really ticked off a few people who spent days working on their costumes.

No, they were ticked off because that is how they dressed every other day. :D

Let me comment that I have no problem with hall monitors, but this is a perfect example of someone trying to ruin the fun that everyone else is having just because they don't like it. This reminds me of the folks that would complain about multilogging at events on the other side of the country from them, so you've brought the thread a little closer to geocaching than it was without even realizing it. Thanks. :D

Ok, no problem.. Then you won't mind me posting a Christmas thread that has nothing to do with geocaching? I guess you want your cake and to eat it too.. This topic IS OFF TOPIC and has NOTHING TO DO WITH GEOCACHING.. So is the new forum guidelines this: "No off topic posting unless it's deemed to be F-U-N!"

I'll make note of the new guidelines.

Ok, no problem.. Then you won't mind me posting a Christmas thread that has nothing to do with geocaching? I guess you want your cake and to eat it too.. This topic IS OFF TOPIC and has NOTHING TO DO WITH GEOCACHING.. So is the new forum guidelines this: "No off topic posting unless it's deemed to be F-U-N!"

Maybe next year you could dress as the Grinch who stole Christmas, sounds like you have the personality for it. This thread is light hearted and in a day or so will be gone due to its seasonal nature. By all means post a Christmas thread if gets closed it will be at the discretion of the moderators, just like this thread.

Can we not have a thread without angst? If you want to participate in the thread by posting your costume, feel free. Otherwise please don't derail the topic.

Complaints: If you have an issue with a specific post/topic on this board, please use the ‘report a post’ link in the lower right hand corner of the post. We will review the post and edit/delete if necessary. Any comments on the personnel of Groundspeak or one of the volunteers, please send an e-mail message to contact@Groundspeak.com.

Maybe next year you could dress as the Grinch who stole Christmas, sounds like you have the personality for it. This thread is light hearted and in a day or so will be gone due to its seasonal nature. By all means post a Christmas thread if gets closed it will be at the discretion of the moderators, just like this thread.

:D I agree. ONCE and awhile, it is refreshing to read something where people are not constantly bickering about one thing or another. I personally have enjoyed reading this thread and thank the moderators for allowing a break in the arguing - well at least it was for awhile... :mad:

Edited by lonesumdove

I love an angst free topic! I'll play. I'm the one on the left. (I'm a female person) This was last year at a geocaching event and that's 1Naturemom on the right with my fishing pole in her face.

a8f51ff6-c956-421f-9f59-341405ede274.jpg

I wore this outfit to work on Halloween yesterday, and then to a party, only this year I wore my hat with the tied flies all over it. hee hee.

Hmmmmmm. What to do, what to do!

c167aff3-a399-44fe-8541-00e2b5e09711.jpg