how to log this in?

brewit

I found two benchmarks but couldnt find them in the database. They are international boundary disks between US & Mexico. I attached a pic of one. The wording on the other one reads:

UNITED STASTES

STA 0-1-00

R.P.NO Del Rio AXIS

EL EN

FEET

METROS

REFER

B.M.N.O

MEXICO

5f37fdb2-36f9-4c6f-aecc-ee7a7a8f280b.jpg

I found two benchmarks but couldnt find them in the database. They are international boundary disks between US & Mexico. I attached a pic of one. The wording on the other one reads:

UNITED STASTES

STA 0-1-00

R.P.NO Del Rio AXIS

EL EN

FEET

METROS

REFER

B.M.N.O

MEXICO

5f37fdb2-36f9-4c6f-aecc-ee7a7a8f280b.jpg

Curious - what were the coordinates? These may not be in the geocaching.com database, but they're likely in the NGS master database...

Um... those coordinates are over 440 miles from the nearest mark you can log on the geocaching.com website. Mexico's benchmarks aren't in the NGS database which Groundspeak used to create the database we can log US benchmark recoveries against. There may be a Waymark category for benchmarks found in Mexico. As for the Boundary Commission marker, post those coords when you've got your hands back on your notebook and we'll see if it shows up. Can you tell me what US town was near the find?

The coordinates are in the US and copied down from the etrex GPSr. They are on the border near Del Rio, Tx, from the locations of the two disks you can see the Rio Grande and into Mexico.

The coordinates for Del Rio Texas is N 29 21.974, W 100 53.891

Which is 621.912 mi (using GeoCalc) almost due north of the coordinates you provided.

I think you meant 29 degrees North vice 20 degrees. Sometimes when I get in a rush my 9s look like 0s.

The one not pictured is at:

N 20*19.853'

W100*55.734'

The pic doesn't show the coordinates very good. I don't have the notebook I wrote them down in with me.

You have an error in your coordinate value. Did you mean 29° instead of 20°?

In this part of the international border the center of the Rio Grande is the border between the US and Mexico, so you are looking at some sort of reference point to the border. Interesting find.

CallawayMT

Edited by CallawayMT