Who is watching your TBs?

smelly_shoes

If it isn't your bug and you want to watch it, you must be logged in first, then go to the TB page, and click on "Watch this Trackable Item" in the top right corner of the page. You won't see that unless you are logged in.

You will be able to remove it from your watchlist at anytime by going to your profile page, click on "My Watchlist" and then click on "remove" next to that item. Then be sure to confirm it by clicking "yes" when it asks if you are sure if you want to remove it. That little extra step keeps you from accidentally removing something from your list that you want to keep watching.

Usually it's someone who moved the bug for you already, and they want to track it's travels from there. Or someone who saw it and hopes it comes their way. But most often it's the former.

I have been known to post a note on the page that says: "A big howdy to all the watchers of this bug..... who are you?"

And will sometimes get email replies.

And sometimes, people watch your bug because they like the theme of it, i.e. Harry Potter, Star Wars, fire fighters, etc.

Usually it's someone who moved the bug for you already, and they want to track it's travels from there. Or someone who saw it and hopes it comes their way. But most often it's the former.

I have been known to post a note on the page that says: "A big howdy to all the watchers of this bug..... who are you?"

And will sometimes get email replies.

And sometimes, people watch your bug because they like the theme of it, i.e. Harry Potter, Star Wars, fire fighters, etc.

And the rules allow it to become our prerogative :anicute:

I have a watch on hundreds of Unite For Diabetes TBs that were never logged (I posted logging instructions in notes on those TB pages alphabetically up to the Cs when I decided it was too much work) and when they finally get moved, I remove them from my list. Slowly, but surely, the list is getting smaller.

Sometimes I put a watch on TBs that were mentioned in here, to see if they make any progress, then I remove them from the list.

About once a month, I clean up my list.

I to like to watch a few TBs that I have moved. There are also a couple that I watch in hopes that it makes

it my way because I can help it accomplish its goal. Its fun to watch them as it gives me something to do in

the winter months. I do think it would also be fun to see who is watching a TB or coin. We can look at

anyones profile, see the caches they've found and the trackable they own. Why not be able to see who is

watching your trackable? Is it a big secret? :ph34r: One reason I think they do not want you to see who is

watching your cache or any of your trackables is if a cache or trackable is muggled, they do not want a person

to take it upon themselves to get "even" with someone they suspect did the deed. Just my opinion. HMMMM

with that said I guess I do not mind not knowing who is watching my stuff. Although it would still be nice!

Edited by dardevle