Etrex carrier pouch

shunra

I don't know what's on the market in this respect, but I am looking for a pouch to carry an Etrex Vista in, preferably one that attaches to a belt, but also to a backpack shoulder strap.

Can anyone refer me to a website where I can get something like that, or does anyone here have a used one for sale?

Thanks!

It's got a strong/tight clip on the back so yes you could secure it on that way. Or tie it somehow.

91110-L.jpg

I have one of those cases and I attach it just like that but I like to tie a lanyard on for extra security. You can still pull it off for use but there is no danger of losing it, and belive me, I've found it swinging from the lanyard more than once.

It's got a strong/tight clip on the back so yes you could secure it on that way. Or tie it somehow.

91110-L.jpg

I have one of those cases and I attach it just like that but I like to tie a lanyard on for extra security. You can still pull it off for use but there is no danger of losing it, and belive me, I've found it swinging from the lanyard more than once.

Sorry, I didn't see this response until now.

Absolutely agree with the lanyard option. This case has a tiny port at the bottom to attach the lanyard on the tiny bar on the bottom of the GPS. And for many people, this tiny bar gets ripped out when you stumble.

This is what happens, you throw your arms out to catch yourself but you don't let go of your gps, (who would?), so your reach extends past the lanyard length and you snap the tiny bar.

If you look just above the belt hook there's a nice study ring to attach the lanyard. When you stumble the gps gets ripped out of your hand and only hits the ground...when you do.