Kid Cache

themeatloaf

Sorry, but my stomach turned from the moment I saw the title of this thread. Allow me to state firmly and clearly right here and right now that I NEVER approve of leaving children as trade items in caches. Yes, I can sometimes condone leaving hamsters as swag in caches, but NEVER children! Never, never never!

You have obviously NEVER, EVER met my 7 1/2 year old daughter who things she is going on 17! Trust me, there have been days when I have PRAYED for a cache big enough to leave Ms Obnoxity in... Trust me, on those days trading her for a hamster would NOT be a trade up B)

God help me when puberty sets in and she starts pms'ing! B)

Sorry, but my stomach turned from the moment I saw the title of this thread. Allow me to state firmly and clearly right here and right now that I NEVER approve of leaving children as trade items in caches. Yes, I can sometimes condone leaving hamsters as swag in caches, but NEVER children! Never, never never!

You have obviously NEVER, EVER met my 7 1/2 year old daughter who things she is going on 17! Trust me, there have been days when I have PRAYED for a cache big enough to leave Ms Obnoxity in... Trust me, on those days trading her for a hamster would NOT be a trade up B)

God help me when puberty sets in and she starts pms'ing! B)

I'll build one big enough, how large is your child?lol

Edited by T Wenz

You have obviously NEVER, EVER met my 7 1/2 year old daughter who thinks she is going on 17! Trust me, there have been days when I have PRAYED for a cache big enough to leave Ms Obnoxity in... Trust me, on those days trading her for a hamster would NOT be a trade up :rolleyes:

God help me when puberty sets in and she starts pms'ing! :huh:

BIG! Lol! She turns 8 in December and she's already 4' 7" or so, lol! She is one shoe size from wearing my shoes already, hehe! I guess she's going to take after 6' 2.5" pappa and not 5' 2" mamma!

All I know is that my 3 spongebob-lovin' kids would be ecstatic to find this cache! That's why geocaching is so fun...it appeals to people of all ages, and brings us all together!

And Mousekakat, I am with you 100% !!! If there was a cache big enough to leave my kiddos in, the next cacher would be greatly surprised at the swag he/she found!!! :rolleyes:

You have obviously NEVER, EVER met my 7 1/2 year old daughter who things she is going on 17! Trust me, there have been days when I have PRAYED for a cache big enough to leave Ms Obnoxity in... Trust me, on those days trading her for a hamster would NOT be a trade up :rolleyes:

I have a 7 1/2 year old son who NEVER SHUTS UP. I like it sometimes when there is dead air to fill. But on the occasion when we get together with a newly-found caching buddy, I have to snort at him from time to time to keep from irritating the other folks and giving away our stealth. He was born in February (though it should have been at the end of January), so he was difficult at the get-go!

Oh, and I made a cache that he would have fit in if he hadn't sprouted like a weed in the last few months!

You have obviously NEVER, EVER met my 7 1/2 year old daughter who things she is going on 17! Trust me, there have been days when I have PRAYED for a cache big enough to leave Ms Obnoxity in... Trust me, on those days trading her for a hamster would NOT be a trade up :blink:

God help me when puberty sets in and she starts pms'ing! :)

You have not seen the giant ammo can done by Team Desert Eagle.

I plan to hide it under a bridge, Street name Pacific.

Really cool concept! But check out the "guidelines", specifically the section titled "Off-limit (Physical) Caches":

• Caches near, on or under public structures deemed potential or possible targets for terrorist attacks. These may include but are not limited to highway bridges, dams, government buildings, elementary and secondary schools, and airports.

The definition of "highway" depends on your local reviewer, and Groundspeak does NOT always enforce the "guidelines" as they are written. Some reviewers only allow caches under pedestrian-only bridges, some allow under bridges for local roads and streets, and some allow caches under anything smaller than an Interstate Highway (or non-USA equal). Also remember that currently listed caches under bridges may have been placed before the Guidelines were changed. So, I'd check with the reviewer before going to the trouble of hiding it.