thoughts on Garmin e-trex summit HC

Lumax

Hi, I want to introduce my boys to Geocaching and I am thinking of buying a Garmin e-trex Summit HC.

Any thoughts on this unit?

The getting started part of this website suggests a GPS with a "rocker keypad". This unit does not have one.

How do you navigate thru the different menus?

Thanks

I would go with the Vista HCX actually, for $70 more you have a unit that accepts Micro SD cards and gets 7-10 hours more battery life, which is VERY VERY useful for a GPS to have....I ordered mine from thenerds.net, and it was $249 with 3day shipping

The mouse like pad is not hard to get use too, and it has 3 buttons on the left side and 2 buttons on the right........its a solid unit and in my opinion the best handheld GPS out right now for the money!!!

here is a review

http://gpsinformation.org/penrod/VistaHcx/vistahcx.html

thanks for the info. Upon further comparison between the 2, I went with the Vista HCX. not a bad deal either at $225.00

Thanks

$220 :D Man, I wish we could get those prices over here in England. A Vista HCx is at cheapest £220 (=approx $440).

I wonder what the import costs would be, surely not as dear as paying twice the price? Might look into this a bit further.