Wah, wah, wah

briansnat

I ruptured my Achilles tendon while playing soccer yesterday. Looks like I will be off the trails for quite some time (well I'm going to see how far I can hike on crutches).

Because of that I may need some assistance with cache maintenance from the local community. Right now I have no outstanding issues, but my Valhalla View cache just had a DNF and it should be relatively easy. If anybody finds themselves up there in the next few weeks, or months, would you be kind enough to check on it

for me?

Thanks!

I ruptured my Achilles tendon while playing soccer yesterday. Looks like I will be off the trails for quite some time (well I'm going to see how far I can hike on crutches).

Because of that I may need some assistance with cache maintenance from the local community. Right now I have no outstanding issues, but my Valhalla View cache just had a DNF and it should be relatively easy. If anybody finds themselves up there in the next few weeks, or months, would you be kind enough to check on it

for me?

Thanks!

B)

Sorry to hear this Brian. This is a complete bummer.

At least you'll get to spend more time in The Forums now! B)B)

It seem I rarely get out of my local area lately, but with the newly released DeLorme Challange, if I find myself near a Snat Stash, I'll be sure to check up on it.

Feel better!

If Old Put was still active (we unofficially consider it our "first find" since our first 2 actual finds were when we were intro'd to caching by family in NC, it was our first local find) I'd make sure to check on that for you since it's on my side of the Hudson right near us. Get well soon......

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Brian, I'm sure you have already googled looking for "hiking crutches" :D Sorry to hear about your injury, its got to be tough staying off the trails. Best of luck for a quick recovery. We at NNJC all have your back if you need anything. Now use your down time to make another 100 caches, so you'll be ready and good to go... :D Regards. John

Oh, sure, NOW those hundred mile cache loops don't seem like such a good idea! :(:D Seriously, I'm hoping and praying for you man. I know what a bummer it is having seen another friend go through it and having been through surgery myself a couple years back :D I wish I could help you, but I'm down your way much right now. If we're down that way though we'll check in with you and try to hit up anything enroute :mad: Get some rest and get well, after all, who else is going to lead the GONE IV troops? :huh:

:D

Sorry to hear this Brian. This is a complete bummer.

At least you'll get to spend more time in The Forums now! :anibad::rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!

Is there more time in the day, we did just fall back... I used the extra hour to drive up to New England.

Hope you feel better soon Brian, how long are you expected on crutches?

Guess you won't be racing out to get any FTF's :rolleyes:

>snip<

That sucks - here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

More important - did you end up winning the soccer game?

Thanks for placing a new cache

Notice it wasn't a hiking cache.

Anyway I received the official good news yesterday. I have a ruptured gastroc muscle and plantaris tendon, not a torn achilles tendon. So the prognosis is 6-8 weeks out of commission instead of 6 months.

Edited by briansnat

Thanks for placing a new cache

Notice it wasn't a hiking cache.

Anyway I received the official good news yesterday. I have a ruptured gastroc muscle and plantaris tendon, not a torn achilles tendon. So the prognosis is 6-8 weeks out of commission instead of 6 months.

Congrats?

It seems weird cheering 'cause someone is going to be down and out for 2 months.

I broke my big toe last week, so looks like the rest of my fall camping and hiking is cancelled too.

As two old geocachers, who are very active in hiking we must say that we only just discovered that Brian has a problem. (We are not regular readers of the forums.) Brian is a great person and every geocacher owes him something, he helped develop geocaching in this area. Brian is also a trail maintenance supervisors, thus every hiker owes him something also. Brian, if you need help with your caches, let us know by email. Also if you are planning a caching trip to the fair state of Pennsylvania, possibly we can meet and cache together once again.

Waterboy With Wife

Gah!! Follow up visit to the Dr yesterday. I had aggravated my injury while hiking a couple of weeks ago. And though it feels pretty good and I'm walking just fine, apparently there is very little left of my Achilles. Not a complete tear, but surgery is needed.

Going in Wed and I should be out of commission and in a cast and on crutches for about 3-4 months. I asked the Dr if he could shape my cast like a ski boot. He laughed. Not the answer I was looking for.

Oh well, I just hope I don't blow up to 300 lbs after 3 months of inactivity.

Nah, I'll be out there somehow. I read about a guy with no legs who hiked the entire AT. If he can do that, I can certainly hit the local trails with 1 leg.

Ouch. Given the choice, I'd opt for the surgery too. Best of luck for a quick recovery.

Best of luck with your decision. Hope your recovery is quick and not problematic. If you have the surgery right away, at least your recuperation will be during ugly winter months which would be difficult to get out hiking anyway. Nice to meet you at the Caching through the Snow event last Sun.

Best of luck with your decision. Hope your recovery is quick and not problematic. If you have the surgery right away, at least your recuperation will be during ugly winter months which would be difficult to get out hiking anyway. Nice to meet you at the Caching through the Snow event last Sun.

Actually being an avid skier and snowshoer and someone who prefers hiking in the winter to any other season, I'd rather have done this in July. :laughing: .

Edited by briansnat

OK, looks like I might need a favor. My Bund Played On cache on Federal Hill just came up with a DNF. I spoke with the geocacher who couldn't find it and he was pretty certain that he looked where I described. He even went back a second time.

So if anybody who has found it and knows where it is (or was) can get there over the next few weeks I'd appreciate it. I can provide a replacement container before you go just in case.

OK, looks like I might need a favor. My Bund Played On cache on Federal Hill just came up with a DNF. I spoke with the geocacher who couldn't find it and he was pretty certain that he looked where I described. He even went back a second time.

So if anybody who has found it and knows where it is (or was) can get there over the next few weeks I'd appreciate it. I can provide a replacement container before you go just in case.

Brian,

citicar and I are going up there to replace my 565. i will check on Bund while we are there. However, I will just replace it if it is not there.

The other Brian

Brian,

citicar and I are going up there to replace my 565. i will check on Bund while we are there. However, I will just replace it if it is not there.

The other Brian

Thanks to Brian and Citicar for replacing my cache!

Sorry to hear that, I once had knee surgery and turkey hunted with crutches, wasnt bad (wasnt great either LOL) ,...especially when a couple of bears wandered by LOL.

Ya can always do the horseback way, then only a couple of on and offs. or....in total cabin fever induced desparation, a quad, eh lol.

get better soon

Brian,

The other Brian

Thanks to Brian and Citicar for replacing my cache!

Ridgerunnerjoe was there too. In fact. joe was the one that validated citicars verification of the coordinates I took so we could attempt to live up to the standards in place by the original hide. :drama: