FTF and traveled 2,350 miles to get it

uminski

Greetings,

I just was the FTF for the cache Artesia Lake by 2Dee2Dee (GC16XMA).

The cache is 2,350 miles from home.

Left New Joysee this morning, took two planes, to Phoenix and Reno and a rental car drive for 2 hours.

Only 16 hour trip. Its the furthest distance I ever went for an Earth Cache.

Regards

Uminski

Am I reading this right you went the 2500 miles with sole purpose of being the FTF on this cache.....or were you there for some other reason and just happened to find this cache while there? I think I need what ever job you folks have to just be able to up and fly 2000+ miles at a wim to get a cache.

Am I reading this right you went the 2500 miles with sole purpose of being the FTF on this cache.....or were you there for some other reason and just happened to find this cache while there? I think I need what ever job you folks have to just be able to up and fly 2000+ miles at a wim to get a cache.

I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out the answer!

TKOFaith

GCRMJG 7434.5mi from home. To beat someone who came from the opposite way from Europe by a day.

In a couple of weeks I'll be in Zambia for a week for business. There are a three caches within 5 miles of where I will be staying (the next closest is over 80 miles away) and one of them has yet to be found (it was published in July. If I can get across the border from Zambia to Zimbabwe and get "Paper Covers Rock" (and it hasn't been logged in the cache, but not online) I'll get a FTF on a cache that is just a bit over 7650 miles from my home location.

GCRMJG 7434.5mi from home. To beat someone who came from the opposite way from Europe by a day.

In a couple of weeks I'll be in Zambia for a week for business. There are a three caches within 5 miles of where I will be staying (the next closest is over 80 miles away) and one of them has yet to be found (it was published in July. If I can get across the border from Zambia to Zimbabwe and get "Paper Covers Rock" (and it hasn't been logged in the cache, but not online) I'll get a FTF on a cache that is just a bit over 7650 miles from my home location.

It is also helpful to know some of the local language, While hunting my FTF in Thailand I went into a cave with a Cobra.

d6955d5a-4e32-46f5-97e4-96093e0897cd.jpg

Watch out for snakes !!

I scored a FTF on a multicache outside of Lodz, Poland called Radegast (GCVJVG) 4312 miles from my location. Was in Poland on business and saw this one prior to leaving so set aside some time to try and get it. Turned out to be a loading station for the shipment of Jews to concentration camps during WWII. Pretty harsh.