where is the best deal on a 60Cx

bdhoun

I am currently looking at upgrading my Etrex Legend to a 60Cx. Where can I get the best deal? GPS Central looks pretty good and I have had good service from them in the past. But advertised pricing from the states is much cheaper at some other places. Problem is they probably ship UPS which can add a small fortune in customs and brokerage fees. Where all have you guys gotten yours?

My vote is for Radio World too. They'll match prices (although they have to charge PST). They have a service desk if anything goes wrong... and they'll send it away for you too if they can't fix it. Hands on discussions with knowledgeable people - worth the drive to Toronto.

Others buy from Canadian Tire 'cause you can get CT money back and they also match prices. Hey, there's a brand new CT store in Waterdown too! :rolleyes:

So far the best deal I ahve found is at Canadian Tire. Their advertisec price is $499, but they will price match the competition. So they will match the GPSMART price of $351, they will also price match the 5% discount that GPSMART is currently applying, dropping the price to $333. Plus CT price matching policy stipulates that they will give you 10% of the price in CT money, so $33.33. And for the end of it all, Garmin offers the $50 rebate. Sot total cost is about $250 plus tax.

Not bad. Now all Canadian Tire needs to do is call the competition to make sure the 60Cx is in stock before they will price match.

So far the best deal I ahve found is at Canadian Tire. Their advertisec price is $499, but they will price match the competition. So they will match the GPSMART price of $351, they will also price match the 5% discount that GPSMART is currently applying, dropping the price to $333. Plus CT price matching policy stipulates that they will give you 10% of the price in CT money, so $33.33. And for the end of it all, Garmin offers the $50 rebate. Sot total cost is about $250 plus tax.

Not bad. Now all Canadian Tire needs to do is call the competition to make sure the 60Cx is in stock before they will price match.

Please tell me about this GPSMART that you are talking about so I can start the path to getting a 60CX. My wife is suggesting... no... telling me to buy one! :D

So if you would be so kind, where can I get the info on your plan above? I've heard that Canadian Tire won't price match things like Internet ads or prices like those from GPS Central but I'm willing to try. Also where is this Garmin rebate? Do you have links?

;) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

Please tell me about this GPSMART that you are talking about so I can start the path to getting a 60CX. My wife is suggesting... no... telling me to buy one! :D

So if you would be so kind, where can I get the info on your plan above? I've heard that Canadian Tire won't price match things like Internet ads or prices like those from GPS Central but I'm willing to try. Also where is this Garmin rebate? Do you have links?

:D The Blue Quasar

GPSmart is a on-line store that has warehousing located in Brampton. Because of the physical address and the ability to pick up prepaid orders at this address, Canadian Tire seemed willing to price match. But, Canadian Tire must call and verify that this place has stock and because all you ever get is a answering machine they said they wouldn't honour the price match. The web address is www.gpsmart.ca . If you go to the Garmin website you can download the Garmin rebate pdf coupon for the $50 US.

Because CT wouldn't honour the price match I debated heavily on what to do. I ended up purchasing a VISTA HCx from GPScentral. It seems to be getting rave reviews on these forums and I am quite comfortable with the button layout on my Legend. It's not a whole lot cheaper, but time will only tell if I made the right choice. It should arrive this coming week.

If you lived in Calgary, I would think that Canadian Tire would price match GPScentral. The store they match must be within the geographic vicinity. They don't want the customer to be able to go and get the cheaper product at someplace different.

Edited by bdhoun

GPSmart is a on-line store that has warehousing located in Brampton. Because of the physical address and the ability to pick up prepaid orders at this address, Canadian Tire seemed willing to price match. But, Canadian Tire must call and verify that this place has stock and because all you ever get is a answering machine they said they wouldn't honour the price match. The web address is www.gpsmart.ca . If you go to the Garmin website you can download the Garmin rebate pdf coupon for the $50 US.

Because CT wouldn't honour the price match I debated heavily on what to do. I ended up purchasing a VISTA HCx from GPScentral. It seems to be getting rave reviews on these forums and I am quite comfortable with the button layout on my Legend. It's not a whole lot cheaper, but time will only tell if I made the right choice. It should arrive this coming week.

If you lived in Calgary, I would think that Canadian Tire would price match GPScentral. The store they match must be within the geographic vicinity. They don't want the customer to be able to go and get the cheaper product at someplace different.

Thanks for the info. My math works out like this.

GPS Mart = $351.45 + taxes (GST/PST) + free shipping promotion = $400.65

GPS Central = $379.99 + taxes (GST only in AB) + shipping $15 = $417.80

Then take the $50 USD rebate... not too shabby. If things keep going the way they are, maybe the GPS will be 'free' by the end of the year :D

But really... thanks for the great heads up!