Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

Well I am officially bummed!

My first mission was mailed out 11-28, by using delivery confirmation I know it reached its destination on 11-30. My recipient hasn't posted anything about getting it, they haven't been in the forums since 11-25...I can only hope that all is well with them.

My second mission I'm afraid has been lost. It was mailed out on 11-30, by tracking the last report is it was processed in Richmond, CA on 12-7. So, sillygirl & jrr I hate to ruin your surprise but your package seems to have fallen overboard! I'm going to run the DC # once more today and if its still the same I will get another package together for you and get it in the mail by the end of the day today. I'm crunched for time so its not going to be quite as nice as the first one, I'm so sorry!

My first mission was mailed out 11-28, by using delivery confirmation I know it reached its destination on 11-30. My recipient hasn't posted anything about getting it, they haven't been in the forums since 11-25...I can only hope that all is well with them.

My second mission I'm afraid has been lost. It was mailed out on 11-30, by tracking the last report is it was processed in Richmond, CA on 12-7. So, sillygirl & jrr I hate to ruin your surprise but your package seems to have fallen overboard! I'm going to run the DC # once more today and if its still the same I will get another package together for you and get it in the mail by the end of the day today. I'm crunched for time so its not going to be quite as nice as the first one, I'm so sorry!

All may not be lost. I had a package earlier this year take 10 days to go to Atlanta from Detroit and then another 6 to get to its final destination of St Louis!!! This was First Class mail too LOL

WOW! WOW! WOW! My mission arrived to me at work. I was so excited that I opened it right away...couldn't even wait to get home for PengoDaddy and PengoBeky. (For sure there will be coal in my stocking). I don't know how you can wait LoriDarlin. All I can say is THANKS SO MUCH to my not so secret sender. I am overwhelmed with what you sent to me.

I am going to take photos later and post them.....

Hurrah! My second package arrived from Portugal today. I can't tell you what I got, yet, since I'm going to wait to open it. Christmas will be running late for me, since I'm not able to get home that day; work will keep me in town. :P This at least gives me something to look forward to!

Thanks so much, :P Secret :P Santa!

We received our mission yesterday...after I unwrapped the outer packaging, I lost the box...must've been that camo wrapping paper :P

DSC01698.jpg

I found it again, and Brenda did the honors of unwrapping. She got rather excited when she thought that I gave her a phone (it was wrapped in a cell phone box). She opened the box to find a nicely painted lock-n-lock box with 4 coins and 1 pathtag. Thanks SS!

DSC01699.jpg

My Secret Santa knows me well.....I got a stocking full of coal :laughing:

It was well deserved though, as I'm a week late in posting that I received it, and I was really late in sending mine off (it's due to arrive tomorrow!)

Oh, and besides the coal, heh, I got some lovely coins (MWGB Chick, Cache Movers, I Bashed at Midwest, Benchmark Micro, and a LindsyChris Top 40!) and a Geocaching patch and Travel bug skin!'

THANK YOU SANTA!!!!!!!!!!

naughty.jpg

Mission 1:

1. Participating - 11/1

2. Received Name - 11/20 (mission apparently stuck in spam filter)

3. Mission Complete - 12/10

4. Santa Arrived - Yes - 12/08

Mission 2:

1. Participating - 11/1

4. Santa Arrived

I previously reported that my one of my SS packages had arrived. I fianlly got a picture, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it.

SS1.jpg

The package contained Hector's Dolphin, which was bigger than I expected - but every bit as nice; a BN Flower of life, Petrified wood Compas Rose - which I thought was on my list - but wasn't when I looked - I'm reallt glad to have it; and a Geojelly 3 (Mighigandermania). The package also included a pair of pictures of some (Michigan?) lighthoused getting pounded by high surf.

Many thanks!

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete parcel arrived at "to" secret mission

4. Santa Arrived (nothing yet! oh the suspense is killing me!)

Well...this might ruin a little of the surprise, but it was mailed last Sunday, the 8th, so it should be arriving soon! :laughing:

OH BOY OH BOY!!!!! We'll be checking the mail this weekend... I'll let you know!!!

To heck with "secret" I love finding out!

CA

I know it arrived last week (unless it was swiped off the porch :laughing: ) b/c i had tracking but I really hope my Secret Santa is okay, he hasn't posted to the thread yet & I know he was hurt :blink: Hope he's getting better! Hope he's not not-posting b/c "if you can't say something good don't say anything" :lol: but I do hope he's doing alright!

Also hope my package arrives before I go away for all of next week!!

1. Participating ... Yep

2. Received Name ... Yep

3. Mission Complete ... Yer

4. Package Received! YEPPPPPPPP

I was stuck on a a long road trip which included 2 long weekends down in snow storms. So when I got Home today, My mail box was crammed with a lot of Junk Mail... and a package containing 3 great conis and 2 pins. I will post a picture of the truck decked out for the Holiday fun as well as the coins tomarrow after work. Right now, I am a tired truck driver ready to discover my own bed after a few weeks on the road. :laughing:

Sorry for the late posting...been a tad sick...

All missions off to be delivered...two for overseas might be a bit late...USA should be there before Christmas...

We received 2 of our mission over the past two weeks...

Mission #1: A Cheery Gladware container stuffed full of goodies..."Rubber duckies" disguised as a horse, a cat, and a dog...4 Popper Thiingies...a snowman, a polarbear, a reindeer, and a penguin...5 Pathtags!!...The Pathtag Club intro tag, the PTC Oct tag, the PTC November tag, and 2 Moozer tags...one with green glitter...on top of all these goodies...WE GOT COINS...a Summer Meet & Greet, Saturn, Mojave Desert AS, and a Forest Preserves Glitter Nickel...absolutely overwhelming....I'm just guessing here, but we think this package came from one of those "Contented" California Cows frolicking in that glittering California grass! Thank you very much, our Not-So-Secret Santa...hugs and kisses and wishes for a Blessed Holiday...

Continuing the received mission list...

Mission #2:Another box stuffed to the gills...originating here, in my home state of Texas...popped the top and what should appear...no, not Santa and his 8 reindeer...a cute teddy bear with a TGBear BN coin on his collar!...next, a humongous coffee/soup mug with some Cafe Moulu ground coffee and a Donuts and Coffee Event Coin!...still more...a cookie tin filled with Dove Chocolates and a Mama Cache and Geocurls Birds of a Feather coin...my first BOF coin!...not done yet...a "Cars" mini lunchbox filled with Hersey Kisses and a 67 Mustang Grey Primer...the only one I didn't have...I'm drooling over all these cool new coins and the Omi half of the team opens the last item...one of those neat little ammo cans...BTW...Omi thinks geocoins are "silly"...she collects pins and CANDY...well, the ammo can has more Kisses and...2 Hogwild pins and a Geocurls MyPinz, a Mama Cache Gold, a Fluttershy Kiss Glitter Yellow, 3 MWGB Duckies, a MWGB Frog Prince, and a Mama Cache Geocoin Nerd!!! WOWSER, WOWSER, Mama Cache...you went plum-a** crazy, as we say in NE Texas...Thank you so very much...Hugs and Kisses and wonderful Holiday Wishes to you and yours...

When are you going to come claim our caches in T-Town...lots here, so it's worth the trip...lol

Oops...forgot to mention the Swedish Fish...one of MY favorite candies...but, Omi claimed them...she does it to keep me safe from myself since I'm a diabetic and shouldn't eat candy....BUT i CAN if I work it into my overall carbs for the day...make a "sandwich" on lettuce leaves instead of bread and eat 3 swedish fish...he, he, he...we have our ways of keeping the blood sugar around 100...

Edited by Team OleOmi

We've confirmed that the package was sent to the correct address..so I'm thinking it will get here eventually. It won't be late, it will just extend the holiday. :laughing: I'm glad to know we were not forgotten and something is on the way.

No matter if it comes or not, mahalo usyoopers for being my Secret Santa; it is really the thought that counts!

jrr

I should be on the "naughty list". I haven't posted that my wonderful package arrived three days ago! I'm at work now and don't have the package contents in front of me, so I'll post later today. I can just tell you right now that I got some great coins!

Sorry to my Secret Santa for posting so late!

OK, I promised to write more about my Secret Geocoin Santa II Mission that arrived yesterday :) It came in a big mailer. The mailer was so big that it didn't fit into our mailbox and the mailman rang at our door to give it to me personally. Unfortunately he came so early, we just woke up and were in the bath, brushing our teeth as the doorbell rang :lol: Still wearing pyjamas, of course :blink: My better half jumped into his clothes and ran downstairs to the door while the postman had already woken up our neighbours who live downstairs :) So this mission had produced a little mess early in the morning, but who cares when santa rings at your door? :)

The package together with the little Teddy Bear which arrived the same day:

SecretSanta_01.jpg

I waited until after breakfast, then I had 30 minutes left before I had to leave the house to go to university, so I opened the package. Inside I found a large stocking:

SecretSanta_02.jpg

I started to pull out all the things that were inside:

- a christmas card from my secret santa

- a little rubber duck (a companion for the other rubber duck in the bathroom!)

- an emergency survival blanket (this will go into my caching bag)

- a logbook

- two stickers for a cache container (this and the logbook will be used for the cache that I am planning to hide when I have finished the work on my bachelor degree)

- a patch with "Cacher" on it

- a Mount Rushmore keyring (I am thinking of turning it into a travel bug, its mission -of course- to visit Mount Rushmore and my secret santa)

- an event calendar "Make tracks at a South Dakota State Park" with several footprints of different animals on it, printed on a orange piece of fabric (I don't know if there is a name for this...)

- and two little packages in wrapping paper, very heavy packages

This is how it looked like:

SecretSanta_03.jpg

Inside the little packages I found:

- a black nano cache (hmmm, maybe I find a place to hide it B) )

- a travel bug buddy

- a glow-in-the-dark Dorkfish Seahorse patch (wow, that is really cool, I couldn't believe a piece of fabric could glow that much!!!)

- a Dorkfish Mini Fish - Arabian Surgeonfish (from my wish-list! wow, the colors are amazing!)

- a Hector's Dolphin Coin (BN) (from my wish-list!)

- a GPX Navigators GeoTag

- a MWGB Geocoin Chick (green glitter)

- a copper Cache Mover coin (this one will travel soon!)

- an Origina Stash coin (copper) with matching pin (this one is huge :P )

- a Geocoinfest Multi-Event Mosaic coin (South Dakota) (from my wish-list! really really beautiful coin :lol: )

- and finally a Lifejacket coin (this one looks so much better than on any pictures

SecretSanta_04.jpg

Wow, this makes 5 trackable coins, 1 trackable geotag, 2 non-trackable coins, and tons of other great stuff B) I must have been very good this year :D:D:D

Thank you sooo much for your generosity, (not so) Secret Santa :laughing: I really enjoy all that you send me, you have put together a wonderful mission :D:D:D

Thank you, again, and Merry Christmas to you, your family, and everyone who is reading this! :D

1. Participating - Yes!

2. Received Name - Yes!

3. Mission Complete - Yes!

4. Santa Arrived - Yes!

I almost forgot to post this. I was away for a few days, and when I got back I had a nice package waiting for me! Four coins and a pin too, in a cute little Elf hat! Thanks Secret Santa! :laughing: I took a picture to post, but I'm running late to do some last minute shopping and head for my parents' place by now so I need to get going.

Merry Christmas eveyone!

About an hour ago the UPS guy made us laugh. He knocked loudly on the door and then immediately darted back to his truck. Was he trying to not get caught? Or was he just freezing cold (it's 29 degrees out right now). He left a nice sized package at our door and my husband said "I think our SS mission has arrived!"

Indeed it had! :)

Inside it had three larger packages. One addressed to me and my husband and one addressed to each kid. It also contained not 1, not 2, not even 3,4 or 5, but 6, yep I said 6 smaller packages! We let the kids rip into their gifts first. Brandon opened his and yelled "I've got cars, I've got cars!" all the while doing a little happy dance. :P Then Nyomi opened hers and she points and says "What's that?" I reply "It's a bear." Then Nyomi proceeds to repeat it "beywo" (she's not even 2 yrs. old yet.) She had gotten a stuff your own bear. It now has a home with her Care Bears (as the baby bear). :) Now me and my husband open the gift addressed to us. Inside is some Chocolate Cocktails (liquor filled). Totally awesome since I'm not even 21 yet..... lol! Just kidding, I passed that age years ago (but not too many years ago :P ) Bad me, I've already ate one and it's not even noon yet.... but it is oh so good (oh and the hubby snuck one too)!

Now on to the smaller packages. Inside we got a coreynjoey Top 40 record (another record to add to our top 40 collection!), coreynjoey geotag (such a beautiful design!), Cammo Ammo Cans (This one glows! I love things that glow!), Caching in the Holidays (this coin is so cute!), Fluttershy (in blue, I love the color blue!), and a 2006 wsgaskins personal coin! I got coins on my seeking list and coins that should have been on my seeking list! But wow, wow, wow! We were spoiled!

Thank you so much my not so secret Santa (I figured it out when I saw the return name on the box, and certain coins gave you away :lol: ) This package was definitely worth the wait, that is for sure!

Now for some pics (the kids, don't like to sit still, grrr! :lol: )

2007_1221familypics0002.jpg

2007_1221familypics0003.jpg

2007_1221familypics0005.jpg

2007_1221familypics0011.jpg

Recieved a very cute Teddy Bear today, but the package from my Secret Santa has not arrived yet...

Would it be possible to drill a small hole in the top to hang this on the tree??

I'm afraid to ruin this gift, but would very much love to keep this for years to come as a permanent feature on our Christmas tree....

Any information from anyone would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I sent my package Dec 7 from Sweden and it either hasn't been received yet or the recipients haven't posted...

I'm getting a bit nervous about it!!

*crossing fingers it gets there ok*

Unfortunately it's not Furbrat's, hope the missing package gets there soon!

Naomi :)

:lol::):lol: Santa has arrived!!! Talk about excitement!! Sharon called me late last night and said there was a package delivered from "Sweden" - she had opened it and when she saw all the gifts inside we knew it had to be from our secret Santa!! Due to a huge snow storm, I had to wait til morning to run over to her house so we could open our gifts.....I'm talking LOT's & LOT's of gifts!! Oh my gosh!! You guys went way beyond our wildest expectations and we are SOOOOOO thrilled!!

Like I said, there were a lot of gifts, 2 of everything....Sharon unwrapped the red gifts and I (Georgia) unwrapped the blue gifts...we did it together and could not believe our eyes! The first gifts we opened were the beautiful embroidered table cloths and dollies...we can't wait to display them, they are simply wonderful! Next we opened the cutest little magnet angels, some traditional Swedish print Christmas cards, santa napkins, a little stocking with Swedish CHOCOLATE!!!! Umm....chocolate :P:P - the stocking also contained two cute little snowmen, an Indiana geocoin and a 2007 Swedish geocoin!! Last but not least were the two adorable little Santa's - they have have long beards and tall hats and we absolutely adore them!!

Wow, you sure made our day!! Many thanks to you Naomi and your family for these wonderful gifts, Sharon and I and our families will treasure these gifts always.....did I mention we LOVED THE CHOCOLATE!!! umm...chocolate - boy it was good!! You are a SWEETHEART!!! Thank you so very much!!!!

Photo's coming up!!

God Jul & Gott Nytt Ar Onskar! Sharon & Georgia

f264e90e-b889-4b0c-98aa-20147aebe7d2.jpgf5f1c075-e0b8-4abc-bc61-b5b817bd5c1c.jpg

Edited by TheCachingPlace

:lol::):) Santa has arrived!!! Talk about excitement!! Sharon called me late last night and said there was a package delivered from "Sweden" - she had opened it and when she saw all the gifts inside we knew it had to be from our secret Santa!! Due to a huge snow storm, I had to wait til morning to run over to her house so we could open our gifts.....I'm talking LOT's & LOT's of gifts!! Oh my gosh!! You guys went way beyond our wildest expectations and we are SOOOOOO thrilled!!

Like I said, there were a lot of gifts, 2 of everything....Sharon unwrapped the red gifts and I (Georgia) unwrapped the blue gifts...we did it together and could not believe our eyes! The first gifts we opened were the beautiful embroidered table cloths and dollies...we can't wait to display them, they are simply wonderful! Next we opened the cutest little magnet angels, some traditional Swedish print Christmas cards, santa napkins, a little stocking with Swedish CHOCOLATE!!!! Umm....chocolate :P:P - the stocking also contained two cute little snowmen, an Indiana geocoin and a 2007 Swedish geocoin!! Last but not least were the two adorable little Santa's - they have have long beards and tall hats and we absolutely adore them!!

Wow, you sure made our day!! Many thanks to you Naomi and your family for these wonderful gifts, Sharon and I and our families will treasure these gifts always.....did I mention we LOVED THE CHOCOLATE!!! umm...chocolate - boy it was good!! You are a SWEETHEART!!! Thank you so very much!!!!

Photo's coming up!!

God Jul & Gott Nytt Ar Onskar! Sharon & Georgia

f264e90e-b889-4b0c-98aa-20147aebe7d2.jpgf5f1c075-e0b8-4abc-bc61-b5b817bd5c1c.jpg

OHH! I'm so glad it finally arrived, I was so worried about it! I owe you guys another coin, I'll get it off in the mail now that the package has arrived, I just didn't want to spoil the surprise! I was waiting for one coin to come, it never came, but now I've received something else, so it'll be on the way to you as soon as the mail starts again here, I think it's the 27th! I just didn't want to wait any longer to ship the package!

I haven't had any dealings with ya'll... YET, hehehe, but everyone I spoke to had such wonderful things to say about you'll that I just knew I had to make the package special for some special folks!

And glad you enjoyed the chocolate, hehehe! Truly nectar of the Gods! The little dolls are made of linen fibers. Our area in Sweden has linen as it's "state flower" and those are made from the stalks of the plant that have been hacked with a special wooden knife to break them into the strands. Those strands are what linen fabric is woven from. Each of the little dolls has a bundle of flowers and inside the flowers are linen seeds if you want to try to grow some. They have beautiful pale lavendar blue flowers :). The little "santas" are called tomtar and Santa here is actually called Jul Tomten. If you don't leave a bowl of porridge out on Chrismas eve for the tomtar who live in your house (every truly Swedish farm house has a load of tomtar who live there and help out, unseen, of course) then beware the following year, the tomtar won't be happy and won't take as good care of things :lol:. We learned our lesson after we didn't leave a bowl for them one year and came home from being out of town for the Christmas holiday and found the cats locked out of the room where there litter box was and locked into our bedroom where the litter box WASN'T and where they had no food or water (thankfully, since they decided our bed was a good enough litter box replacement), so now we leave a little something for them :)! Sweden is a mystical place, hehehe!

In any case, I truly hope you enjoy your packages, and I'm so glad you figured out the blue packages vs the red ones, lol! I had meant to let you know, but forgot!

Naomi, Micke, Hanna and Caitlyn :P

Edited by mousekakat

Recieved a very cute Teddy Bear today, but the package from my Secret Santa has not arrived yet...

Would it be possible to drill a small hole in the top to hang this on the tree??

I'm afraid to ruin this gift, but would very much love to keep this for years to come as a permanent feature on our Christmas tree....

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't try. Most likely the panels would pop out if you tried to drill a hole in one. Maybe just prop it up on a tree branch?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't try. Most likely the panels would pop out if you tried to drill a hole in one. Maybe just prop it up on a tree branch?

tadpole suggested using those metal hooks you use to hang up ornaments with (put it where the hat has a space in it). Works pretty darned well! :)

I have been working on my tree and put those cute little teddy bear santa coins on it. I used the metal hook through the opening on the hat and they hang really well and look very nice esp near one of the lights on the tree. If anybody wants a complete set they are on that eplace with proceeds for charity. Maybe your only chance to get the full set. I think only 9 people have them all of them!!!

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/28/07

2. Received Name - Received 11/18/07 (research started)

3. MISSION COMPLETE - Mailed 11/28/07

4. Santa Arrived - RECEIVED :lol::):):lol:

Received my Secret Santa Mission. I received an envelope with lots of stickers all

over (Santa, bears, and PENGUINS!). As soon as I saw the envelope, I knew that

this was my Secret Santa Mission. Grabbed the scissors and carefully opened the

package. Lots of goodies came out of this packed envelope. Received some

3D Christmas foam stickers, a penguin charm, a bunch of snowflake decorations,

some angels and snowmen, 2 geocaching pins and some really NICE coins.

- March of the Penguins coin

- First Italian geocoin (this is really neat, because it has a picture of Galileo on the back, and

Galileo made alot of important discoveries in my other hobby - Astronomy)

- Frozen Buns Coin (another nice coin)

- Dorkfish Seahorse (purple) - this is a really cute coin

THANKS SO MUCH PENGO FAMILY FOR THE WONDERFUL SECRET SANTA PACKAGE :P

I really like the coins and all the other goodies.

SecretSanta00000.jpg

SecretSanta00004.jpg

A close-up picture...sorry it's a bit blurry.

I received my SECRET SANTA mission also :):)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I RECEIVED SOME REALLY NEAT COINS AND GOODIES.

I got a Vermont Appalachian Trail geocoin, a 2006 Massachusetts geocoin,

an Egyptian Narmer Palette geocoin (this one will look really good next to my Egyptian Anubis coin).

I also received other goodies...a geocaching patch, 2 geo-pins, 3D foam Christmas stickers,

a Fairy Kiss dragonfly wire-wrapped rock, a penguin charm, some snowflakes, angels and snowmen

decorations.

Thanks so much PengoBeky for the awesome package.

I really like the geocoins and all the other goodies you sent me.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas !! :lol:

SecretSanta00013a.jpg

SecretSanta00009.jpg

SANTA ARRIVED YESTERDAY FOR THE WESTERN_MASS_CLAN! :)

01snoopy.gif

Receieved a package from Ontario yesterday with the following coins in it:

~~ Bouncy Bunny series commemorative coin

~~ res2100 / Ellesche Donauschwaben family history coin

~~ Toronto 2006 geocoin

I wonder who my Secret Santa might be? ;):D Pictures to follow.

It was a pleasure to receive a package from fellow puzzle cache lovers and fellow cachers of German decent (my family hails recently from near Bad Herrenalb - I have 3 first cousins who still live there). Now I'll have to work on moving some of those Bouncy Bunny caches to my "solved" bookmark list. It'll give me a wonderful excuse to visit Toronto! :)

Matt

aka Western_Mass_Clan

;)B):D;)B) B)

1. Participating - email sent. Thanks! 8-NOV-2007

2. Received Name - 17-NOV-2007

3. Mission Complete - 17-DEC-2007

4. Santa Arrived - Y*E*S*! HO! HO! HO! 21-DEC-2007 :)

B):santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Edited by Western_Mass_Clan

1. Participating - Email Sent.

2. Received Name 10/17/03 Researching

3. Mission Complete Mailed on time but late

4. Package Received! 12/20/07 Just as we were pulling out of the driveway to leave for vacation, the mailman came and hands me our mail. As I'm going looking through it - Bill, Bill, Bill, Christmas card, Christmas card, Christmas card, small package. I throw the bills and cards on the desk and grab the scissors. I tell my wife I need to open this before we leave. I open it up to find three smaller packages inside. I open each one with anticipation and what do I see but three smaller packages inside.

Thanks you Secret Santa

B) Canada Post - don't fail me now. No SS yet.

I did get a very nice Teddy Bear from Karma yesterday...thanks very much and Merry Christmas to all.

;) Have faith, Tethys C! I have it on good authority that your package was mailed out on 12-07-07. Here's to hoping that the Posties are just being slooooooow.

I'm still waiting on my second mission, too. B)

CF30

1. Participating - Email Sent.

2. Received Name 10/17/03 Researching

3. Mission Complete Mailed on time but late

4. Package Received! 12/20/07 Just as we were pulling out of the driveway to leave for vacation, the mailman came and hands me our mail. As I'm going looking through it - Bill, Bill, Bill, Christmas card, Christmas card, Christmas card, small package. I throw the bills and cards on the desk and grab the scissors. I tell my wife I need to open this before we leave. I open it up to find three smaller packages inside. I open each one with anticipation and what do I see but three smaller packages inside.

Thanks you Secret Santa

You Must know by now that we Need to know whst you get ;)

Jason and I came back from geocaching today and checked the mail and found out, quite by accident, that Santa lives in Canada. He dropped through our ventless fireplace (mailbox actually) and deposited an envelope. It contained three VERY neat geocoins a Red Turbo Porsche, a Black Nickel with red FSM (we have been trying to trade for one recently with no luck), and a WhiteBear Bite Me Again. What a haul and I haven't been particularly good. Thanks so much Santa for the geocoin haul and the nice thought.

Kenny, Jason and Rita

I just found out that I am leaving tomorrow for the Christmas holiday (long story)... I want to take a minute to thank my second mission Secret Santa. It was a wonderful package - layered with wonderful surprises! I opened the package to find a wonderful Santa willow basket. There was also a colorful bag of tasty Life Saver suckers (OK, I admit I ate one as I opened the rest of the packages) and a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup Tree... There was a wonderful "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" ornament for my tree - filled with jelly beans (yum!!), a Christmas card with a skating Santa and a handwritten note - THANK YOU SECRET SANTA! This was just the beginning... There were boxes wrapped with wonderful Christmas wrapping paper – I tore into them before taking pictures (oops, got too excited)… Each box, once unwrapped, was individually unique, colorful and fun. Ah geocoins… There was a “Merry Christmas Cachers,” a “What was in you mailbox today” a “2007 – Geocachers do it all over the world with Global positioning” pin – a great addition to my pin collection! The package that blew me away was the Dorkfish 2007 - my fist Dorkfish coin... I have wanted one since I have seen them! Wow – a HUGE thanks! This package was fantastic and fun to open – and since I will not be in town for Christmas – I was able to open it early (without too much guilt)!!

These pics don’t do this package justice, but do know that this was above and beyond! What great detail and imagination! I can’t thank you enough! I will set my bar MUCH higher on any and ALL missions I participate in going forward. Thank you so much for putting this together and helping to make my holiday VERY special. Happy Holidays to all! I’m looking forward to seeing you in the forums next year!

OverTheEdge

32572673-0cdc-42f0-9a38-f279a90a15f6.jpg

a3c5feb4-4a34-4f0a-a123-5239a899033d.jpg

Mission 1

1. Participating - Email Sent

2. Received Name - Home work done

3. Mission Complete - Sent today

4. Santa Arrived - WOOHOO!!!!

Mission 2

1. Participating - Email Sent

2. Received Name - Home work done ;)

3. Mission Complete - Will be sent tomorrow

4. Santa Arrived

Missions completed B) !

At the request of my Secret Santa I have to wait until Christmas to open my packages. Do you think I can wait????

Still waiting for my Secret Santa recipient to post they received my package, I hope it's not lost? SO much for that Lackey???

Also still waiting to receive my second package from my Secret Santa B)

1. Participating - Done

2. Received Name - Done

3. Mission Complete - Package Received

4. Santa Arrived--Yeah

I am deeply sorry that I had not posted this before now, just been busy getting exams done and getting my student's grades in before break.

I wish I had a cam to take a picture of the 4 awesome coins that I received in the mail. I only know them by their real names and not their geo-names, but it does not matter but they really really really did a great job

1. A dorkfish seahorse coin

2. A clip-n-carry geocoin

3. A Conn. 1000 finds geocoin

4. A LACKEY COIN 2007 edition

Once again the mission sender is awesome and I can never repay you back for everything you did.

Mission 1:

1. Participating - 11/1

4. Santa Arrived - Yes - 12/08

Mission 2:

1. Participating - 11/1

4. Santa Arrived - Yes - 12/21

Yesterday was a great day! Among the items in the mail was my second SS package. It's late now after a day of caching, so I'll add more and post some pictures a bit later.

Now, I hope the package that I sent which needs to cross an ocean makes it to its destination on time - hopefully it is there by now.

<SNIP>

I am deeply sorry that I had not posted this before now, just been busy getting exams done and getting my student's grades in before break.

1. A dorkfish seahorse coin

2. A clip-n-carry geocoin

3. A Conn. 1000 finds geocoin

4. A LACKEY COIN 2007 edition

Once again the mission sender is awesome and I can never repay you back for everything you did.

Slacker! :yikes:

Seriously though great to see you around...congrats on the coin!

Update:

:) 1. Participating: Yes, email sent! :huh:

:unsure: 2. Received name: Yes! :ph34r:

:P 3. Mission complete Yes, mailed out today, 04/12 :P

:rolleyes: 4. Santa arrived, yes, on Christmas Eve, Ho, Ho, Ho! <_<

Well, I was almost ready to mug the postman this morning, today HAD to be the day ... and it WAS!

Three packages, one from Secret Santa, one with my poker chip coins and one from Karma! Wow, wow, wow!

I am overwhelmed with the thought that has gone into my SS package, thank you so much Santa, I think I know who you are :huh: How ironic that I was geocaching in your part of the world just last month, struggled with the German cache pages though!

93343f8e-8dca-4c7a-941a-7a448d099031.jpg

Inside my SS package

30138d22-7d9d-4edc-8843-5436a56916f2.jpg

GeoDog aka Caesar with his pressie

f5186c30-4187-4bb3-8e08-1db38b951d98.jpg

Opening 1

2dbd5917-90fc-4678-8e28-9000a9729030.jpg

Opening 2

446fcf39-3306-4613-9ae2-58de1059ca66.jpg

Opened! Yum, yum!

ce1dd733-1bb5-43da-a33b-c97f376fc7e2.jpg

The gifted coins; a Gone to the Dogs, a Cinema Boxers 10th anniversary, a Cacher Tag geocoin and a Luminous Energy geocoin. Along with a lovely booklet of Christmas stickers for gifts, a silver snowflake ornament and a Signal santa pin!

I really am delighted, thank you so much. :huh:

I was doing the happy dance in the house this morning!

Thank you so much Karma for the great Teddy that arrived today too :)

9a2dab05-132c-415c-94f2-8c48ed1e5b23.jpg

Ironic that the package posted in Germany on the 8th got here the same day as one posted in USA on the 12th!

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks Karma for organising this it has been great fun to take part.

Mission # 1

1. Participating - Yep

2. Received Name - Yep

3. Mission Complete - Yep

4. Santa Arrived - And Yep!

Picture above :huh:

Mission # 2

1. Participating - e-mail sent 10/28/2007 :huh:

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :D

3. Mission Complete - 12/07/07 - I havn't yet seen the receiver of this mission post that they have gotten this one yet. Hopefully all is well. I thought that it would have gotten there by now... :)

4. Santa Arrived - 12/24/2007 YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :huh:

Twas the day before Christmas

And what should I see?

It's a package from Santa

And it's adressed to me!!! :unsure:

I open it carefully

It's full of all sorts of stuff

But it's all for me

So Strider (my b/f) goes off in a huff :ph34r:

A stocking for canines

Some mousies for cats

A couple cute ornaments

And OMG! what's that! <_<

It's a CROW just for me

Named Elwyn, how cool!

I didn't know you could get these

I guess I'm a fool :)

Now on to the coins

not one, two or three

No, there was SIX gorgeous geocoins

Oh me oh my, my oh me!!! :P

A HUGE NeonCachers

An Australia Eternity

A Grimlock Geostats

And Seashells! Count 'em - three!!! :rolleyes:

And now I'm all speechless

I don't know what to say

Except THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Secret Santa

You have certainly made my day :D

Sorry about the dorky poem but I couldn't resist. :) Here's some pictures:

SS2007001.jpgSS2007003.jpg

SS2007007.jpgSS2007006.jpg

SS2007008edit.jpgSS2007009edit.jpg

SS2007011.jpgSS2007012.jpg

SS2007016.jpgSS2007018.jpg

I couldn't get the cats to sit still long enough to get a picture of one of them playing with a mouse... :P

CF30

P.S. Blue really loves the squeaky lion that was in her stocking even tho Strider chewed on it first.....

Edited by Crowesfeat30