Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

1. Participating 10/28/07

2. Received Name Yup

3. Mission Complete yup, today

4. Santa Arrived Yay!! we got quite a load of secret Santa goodies :D

100_0361.jpg

Yep, I also want to say Thank You!

This was a surprise. We had already received the mail and went off to an event for a few hours.

When we got home this package was sitting on top of the mailbox.

Did the mail carrier come back? Or was it really Santa?

:D

Well I started my mission statements last week (the prep work) had all the coins I wanted to send. On Monday night I started to finish em...the one last detail I started at 10:00 I didnt finish till 5:30 in the morning!!! But I got em all sent off on Wednesday!!!! Had to be at work at 7:00 too!!!!

Hope you like em!!!...well you better!!!! :D

Got a notice of a package in my PO box, but cant even pick it up!!!!! Im 50 miles from my PO and they are closed by the time I get there!!!!!...So I may have my final mission waiting for me to pick up!!!

Got 1...maybe 2!!!

&

Got both of mine sent!!! Yesss!

1. Participating- yes 11/29

2. Received Name- yep 12/01

3. Mission Complete- went postal 12/03

4. Santa Arrived-12/13

...So i'm getting some looks :D from the wife when a feminine hair care products box comes in the mail (she gets the same brand) considering I'm not female :D & I don't have a whole lotta need for hair care products :P .

Suspicion grows :) when she sees return address is 'Santa'- hmmmm is that a feminine touch she spies as I pull out a cute kitty cat and a gingerbread house and (RED FLAG! :D ) a big Hershey's Kiss... "But Dearest... I told you it's a Geocoin Secret Santa! :D " Tensions ease some as I begin to uncover coins, faith in my faithfulness is slowly restored until- a 'Get out of Geo Jail Free' coin! "How does this "Santa" person know you spend your days in a prison?!!"....

So I'm left to spend my evening staring at this lovely Compass Rose coin repeating to no one in particular "Oooooo shiny!.... Pretty coin.... :D "

Thanks Santa!!!!!

Mission # 1

1. Participating - e-mail sent - 10/28/2007 :D

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :D

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 I'm glad that one mission has made it to it's recipiant!!! I'm happy you like everything :D

4. Santa Arrived - :D Santa has delivered!!! :P

Today, waiting for me on my desk, was an envelope from myself to myself. But when exactly was I last in Canada in order to mail myself a package?!?! (sometime in high school, actually and this package sure has taken a loooong time to get here... :D ) Anyhoo, I opened it and discovered one of my Secret Santa Missions complete with a cute card and three coins from my seeking list. Here's a picy:

geocoin030cropped.jpg

!. Three Costco Guys in Polished Nickle

2. Cog & Gil

3. Cache Agent - Cache Tech in Antique Brass

Excellent choices, Secret Santa!!! :D Thank you so much! You have made my day!

Mission # 2

1. Participating - e-mail sent 10/28/2007 :D

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :D

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 :D This one has to travel to Canada. It's on it's way & should get there by sometime next week. :)

4. Santa Arrived - Still waiting... :D:D

CF30

:P

Mission #2:

4. Santa arrived: YES!! Yesterday! :)

My first mission's Santa's identity was not a secret, because of a Post Office mix-up, but this one IS a total secret!

And, I love the gifts that you sent!! :D:D

THANK YOU so much!!

Thank you so much, both of you! What wonderful gifts you sent!! :D

Both of you picked super coins to send - none of which I had, all of which I am totally enjoying!!

You, both, have made this Christmas extra special for me. Thank you.

bluecherry: I made my shepherd-mix dog guard the chocolate so that the kids (and husband) wouldn't get into it :D Now, I'm ashamed to admit, that it's all gone and I have no one to blame! :D

Secret Santa #2: I had never seen a neoncacher coin, in person, before and didn't realize they were so big!

I handed it to my oldest son and told him that he could take the car out tonight! He was amused and impressed with the heft of the coin!

Anyway, thank you, both, so much!!! Merry Christmas! :D:D:D

edited for stupidity.

Edited by imchasingshadows

Thanks for all who post receiving the packages. The two missions arrived this week.

First from tasia: thanks for the fruit/vegetable, chocolate comes from a bean, so has to be good. Hmm, but it is a chocolate orange. Like chocolate and oranges. New experience having chocolate that tastes like orange. Oh, the great coins. Beautiful Alabama coin, great colors. The Christmas ammo box coin- have seen both sides other places, just didn't know the flip side of each was actually one. Oh, the CB personal coin-just like to coin and one from the seeking list. THanks

From Anthus, the Secret Santa!!!!!

Oh, coin heart skipped many beats, oh, my, my, my. The desired Laptop coins! No more trying to get trades from Anthus! Thanks for Santa for the assistance completing the entire set of laptops. The little ammo can, nice to see one in person versus on a web page. The little yellow GW5 chick, reminds me of PEEPS. That is a compliment.

Oh, and chocolate! A moment on the lips and a lifetime on the hips. Off to the gym next because of Santa times two.

Happy Holidays to all.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/120a57...ddaf67aa815.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/8f5479...d2cdc570eb9.jpg

Edited by accordiongal

1. Participating- yes 11/29

2. Received Name- yes

3. Mission Complete Yup, mailed today 12/11. Happy Holidays!!!!

4. Santa Arrived- YESSSS!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Came home and Santa had delivered a package all for MEEEE, how exciting!!!!!!

I got a cool geocaching stocking and a lanyard and a geo bracelet and candy cane, yum!

A cute white beanie bear was guarding my stash. Now, onto the shiny things: a gold Kiana Lys, the red santa geo gnome (yippee), Centris glow coin- never saw one of these before, way cool and it DOES glow, I just tried it (giggle), and one of the parrot coins 'Sleepless'..... I LOVE them all. I don't have any of them

they are sooo cool and will make awesome additions to my collection. The parrot is nicer than my own parrots... it doesn't BITE me, hahahaa.

Thank you Santa....... I'm really enjoying being here on the boards.

:P

Happy Holidays!!!!

Got a notice of a package in my PO box, but cant even pick it up!!!!! Im 50 miles from my PO and they are closed by the time I get there!!!!!...So I may have my final mission waiting for me to pick up!!!

Got 1...maybe 2!!!

&

Got both of mine sent!!! Yesss!

Yep...It was there!!!! My second and final mission, only I have no clue as to who sent them...Guess Christmas day will bring many surprizes!

They even stamped "Dont open till X-mas" on it!!! :D ... :P I saw the package and thought I knew who it came from, but the addy is so close yet so far away!!!... :)

Eagerly awaiting X-mas day!!!

1. Participating - email sent 11/18

2. Received Name - 11/24

3. Mission Complete - mailed 11/30

4. Santa Arrived - YES 12/11

Thank you so much Secret Santa - I'm pretty sure I know who you are...

This was my first secret mission and definitely not my last. What fun to open the packages!! I'll post pictures soon.

I didn't think I'd ever see an antique gold Not Another Micro Cammo coin. What a surprise!! And I love the Aerohound coin and Team Thorny coin too. The Geodogs really love their toys and treats too. Although Sammie has already chewed a hole and destroyed the squeaker from the Naughty toy.

Thank you so much Secret Santa and Happy Holidays to all!

SANTA CAME!!!!!

010.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

A stocking came filled to the brim with cool stuff!!! Thomas loves his Pajamoose onsie! I LOVE the rubber duckies (my bathroom has a rubber duckie theme!!) :laughing: Some super cool ornaments including a moose and a crab and SNICKERS!!!! A whale and a Mountie Keychain. And a headlamp (will come in great for night caching!!!) and a leatherman! AND THEN THE COINS!!!!!!!!!!! A Frozen Buns geocoin, a Sunshine gang Geotag in siver and a Sunshine Gang Geotag in gold, an unknown soldier coin, and a Cherry of a Cache coin as well as two Frozen Buns Pathtags!!!! They are all so great!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BIG thank you to my (not so) Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name -Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes

4. Santa Arrived - Arrived Thank you Nochipra and Tippi the cat!

What's really funny is they had us and we had them!!! HA!

What a great package! I made it to the post office today before the 10-15 inches of snow fell and got the package!

We got treats and treats galore for the Tank Hounds! They will gobble those all up!! We got a cuter than ever little notebook with little dogs on it! And we got lots and lots of coins and such...got a Token Collector geotag, a travel slug coin, a Nochipra wooden nickel, a Round tuit, a naughty/nice list coin and the cow/kangaroo square coin! All of which we didn't have! WOO HOO!! Thanks soooo much! We loved it all!!!!

What fun!

Mission 1

Participating- you betcha!

Received name- 11-18-07

Mission Complete- 11-28, in the mail!

Santa arrived!- got a package this morning!

Mission 2

Participating- yep!

Received Name- 11-18-07

Mission Complete-still working on this one- in the mail! 11-30

Santa Arrived!- Santa had left it at the post office for us this morning!

Package number 1 arrived this morning, not sure who to give the BIG thanks to, they hid their identity well! They sent a Whale Trail coin, Northern Right Whale and Northern Right Whale LE, a whale pin AND an Idaho geocoin event coin and pin set...WOW, how very nice of you secret Santa!! :laughing:

Package number 2 came today. One BIG hint for who our secret Santa was....he left his HAT in the box, yeppers, Santa himself was our Secret Santa!! Inside the box was a little green chest decorated with holly, inside the chest the Big Guy left us Hope, Peace and Love...what great things to remember at this time of year! Santa has great wisdom when it comes to this geocoin thing, he knew of 3 coins we didn't have...Triple Wisdom (see, he IS wise!), icache and allwayslooking_99. A BIG THANKS to Santa!!!!

Our package number 1 was mailed the end of November, usps tracking showed it delivered a short time later. I haven't heard from the receiver....

Package number 2 shows that there is indeed a slow boat to China, it was mailed November 30th usps tracking shows it still in transit, don't despair...its on it's way!

No picture here But . . . My Secret Santa - whom I might add had the Same name And address as myself :laughing: , go figure :D arrived yesterday while I was at work.

I got a cool compass

a couple ornaments: a chilly penguin, a very cool bear And a fairy angel (but , of course :( )

a snowman salt & pepper set (magic, since I Do have a small collection of them)

AND . . .

1 blue piggy bank geocoin

1 pink piggy bank geocoin

1 BYOP geocoin

1 micro sunflower geocoin with an original plaque pin

And 1 Santa stained glass geocoin (these Are cool)

hey, Secret Geocoin Santa, Yes I DO like the coins you sent :D . and sometimes what people write mean a lot :unsure:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I don't understand why my 2nd mission hasn't responded as getting their mission. :laughing:

I'm sure the mail is just running slow because of the holiday's. One package I had ordered for my kids before Thanksgiving (and was shipped before then too) didn't arrive until 2 days ago. Hopefully it'll arrive to them before Christmas.

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name -Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes

4. Santa Arrived - Arrived Thank you Nochipra and Tippi the cat!

What's really funny is they had us and we had them!!! HA!

What a great package! I made it to the post office today before the 10-15 inches of snow fell and got the package!

We got treats and treats galore for the Tank Hounds! They will gobble those all up!! We got a cuter than ever little notebook with little dogs on it! And we got lots and lots of coins and such...got a Token Collector geotag, a travel slug coin, a Nochipra wooden nickel, a Round tuit, a naughty/nice list coin and the cow/kangaroo square coin! All of which we didn't have! WOO HOO!! Thanks soooo much! We loved it all!!!!

Glad you like the package. We thought it was funny too when we received your package earlier too and realize we got each other names:) Merry Christmas to all!!!

Well welcome from snowy and icey Indianapolis. 3" of snow today. 1/4 to 1/2 inch of freezing rain tonight changing over to another 2-4" of snow and 30 MPH winds, with gusts to 50 tomorrow. One of the major interstates is already closed down due to a big wreck. Definitely a good night to be in and catching up on the forums!!!

Well I was so, so excited to find a package late last night on my front step. This was my first ever geocoin mission I had ever participated in. And all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing I saw was the gift package from Starbucks. It was all I could do from ripping it apart and eating the wonderful sweets and brewing the coffee right then. But I knew the best was still to come.

I pull out this really cool gift box and see 4 wrapped packages. OOOOHHHH! Which one to open first. So I started ripping open one after another. A Thrill of the Hunt geocoin. Nice. An Orange Starfish geocoin. I love anything to do with water. This my geoname. A Caching in the Holidays coin. Perfect for me since I have about a dozen ammo cans hidden out there and another dozen sitting here at the house waiting to be hidden. And for the coin I just cannot believe I got. They say different coins have different values to each of us. And this one is worth a lot to me. A 2007 Dorkfish Aquarium!!!! I did a happy dance when I opened this one. I love Dorkfish coins. I have 4 55-75 gallon fish tanks in my house, a 300 gallon pond in my front yard and a 3500 gallon koi pond in my back yard. Nothing better then being able to mix geocaching and my other hobby together!!

So to my Secret Santa, THANK YOU!!! I know you are from Idaho. And there is a name on the bottom of the UPS label. So now I need to do a little detective work.

I can't wait to do one of these again!!!!!!!

I'm just lovin' these stories! I really wish I had my camera when my package came in so that I could have taken pics. I put it somewhere and just can't find it now. :laughing: I'm really glad I joined in on this one as it was my first mission I participated in.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!! :D

WOW!! I never knew so many things could be put in one size 1 shoe box! :laughing:

My secret Santa came and is was stuffed full of goodies.

ef0fbeef-38a8-44f4-bff5-dd3082635d3c.jpg

I got a cute little Canadian mounted police moose. The kids made me ornaments, geocurls could not wait to put those on the tree! They were sooo cute! Lots and lots and lots of coins! I love them all! Can't wait to use those wine charms while I am eating that chocolate. And this will sound funny, but I absoulutley LOVE the pathtag clip! I have wanted to put all the tags I have collected over the year on one. Now I can! Thank you so much Thetokos! You guys are awesome! I figured with so many coins and tags with the tokos and the size 1 shoe boy, it must be them!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! IT was so much fun to open everything!

WOW!! I never knew so many things could be put in one size 1 shoe box! :laughing:

I got a cute little Canadian mounted police moose. The kids made me ornaments, geocurls could not wait to put those on the tree! They were sooo cute! Lots and lots and lots of coins! I love them all! Can't wait to use those wine charms while I am eating that chocolate. And this will sound funny, but I absoulutley LOVE the pathtag clip! I have wanted to put all the tags I have collected over the year on one. Now I can! Thank you so much Thetokos! You guys are awesome! I figured with so many coins and tags with the tokos and the size 1 shoe boy, it must be them!

Those chocolates sure do look yummy!!!

SANTA CAME!!!!!

010.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

A stocking came filled to the brim with cool stuff!!! Thomas loves his Pajamoose onsie! I LOVE the rubber duckies (my bathroom has a rubber duckie theme!!) :D Some super cool ornaments including a moose and a crab and SNICKERS!!!! A whale and a Mountie Keychain. And a headlamp (will come in great for night caching!!!) and a leatherman! AND THEN THE COINS!!!!!!!!!!! A Frozen Buns geocoin, a Sunshine gang Geotag in siver and a Sunshine Gang Geotag in gold, an unknown soldier coin, and a Cherry of a Cache coin as well as two Frozen Buns Pathtags!!!! They are all so great!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BIG thank you to my (not so) Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

So glad to see you got them, sorry for the delay had to wait on the jamoose, From looking at your gallery I could see you liked travelers, so tried to get coins, animails and tags with holes so they would be ready for missions :D email me a pic of the pj's if they fir, if they don't pass them along to a newer cacher :D

WOW!! I never knew so many things could be put in one size 1 shoe box! :D

I'm glad they got to you safely and that you like the gifts. Still more to come - hopefully the package will arrive before Christmas does.

It's sad to be done though :D Next year I'll have to do more than 1 mission.

I don't understand why my 2nd mission hasn't responded as getting their mission. :D

I'm sure the mail is just running slow because of the holiday's. One package I had ordered for my kids before Thanksgiving (and was shipped before then too) didn't arrive until 2 days ago. Hopefully it'll arrive to them before Christmas.

Yes, mail is soooo slow at the moment... for example I get coins that I order from Castle Man after 4 or 5 working days. Now I am waiting and waiting, they were sent out 12 days ago and they haven't arrived yet... :D

I don't know when my secret mission was sent out to me, but the same might be true for this package. I promise to post immediately when I get it!

Mission 1:

1. Participating- yep e-mail sent 11/17

2. Received Name - received on 11/18

3. Mission Complete - 11/23/07 - Hope you like it!!!

4. Santa Arrived - Santa Arrived this week!!!! Yippee thanks Speeding Element.

Mission 2:

1. Participating - yep e-mail sent 11/17

2. Received Name - Received 2nd mission on 11/25

3. Mission Complete - 12/8 - Hope you like it.

4. Santa Arrived - Not Yet :D

I'd like to briefly announce that my Secret Santa has Arrived!! After spending 45 minutes writing all about it AND another 45 minutes trying to post a few photos, I unbelievably deleted my *entire* post! :D:D:D

I am going to start all over cuz my Secret Santa was very, very good to me and this is the *first* time I've ever done this! Can someone please, please e-mail or post how the *#!?* I insert pictures? All I see is something about URL's and emails and I tried that but somehow messed up big time. I have an Olympus digital camera and know (mostly) how to put the images on my PC but just can't figure out how to get the images into my post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (please be kind...I know this is probably pathetic...lol)

:D DrJeepStr

Santa stopped by today and brought lots of great stuff for the Hound family! Shiny precious bits for the whole family and some beautiful holiday clothing for young Xander :D Someone (the Nerds let it slip - lol) got totally carried away with holiday spirit and brought big, BIG smiles to us on a snowy and icy weekend. Thank you so, so much and now I'm off to stare at new coins, indulge in chocolate and watch Cher play "dress-up" with our little elf :D Merry Christmas to our Secret Santa and happy holidays to all!

secretsantabefore.jpg

secretsantaafter.jpg

secretsantawalex.jpg

From Anthus, the Secret Santa!!!!!

Oh, coin heart skipped many beats, oh, my, my, my. The desired Laptop coins! No more trying to get trades from Anthus! Thanks for Santa for the assistance completing the entire set of laptops. The little ammo can, nice to see one in person versus on a web page. The little yellow GW5 chick, reminds me of PEEPS. That is a compliment.

Oh, and chocolate! A moment on the lips and a lifetime on the hips. Off to the gym next because of Santa times two.

Happy Holidays to all.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/120a57...ddaf67aa815.jpg

I'm glad you liked your package. :D I had a lot of fun putting it together. I saw that you were seeking the 2 regular laptops and that you already had the 2 LE laptops. It wasn't on your seeking list, but I thought you would enjoy the XLE one too. At that point I wasn't being so secret so I thought "what the heck, why not go all Anthus" and I added our pin and GW5 Chick.

Merry Christmas....Anthus

A quick note here to tell my secret santa that your package has arrived!!! and is still UNOPENEND!!!! :D:D:D LOL :D yes I have declared to myself that I was going to wait until Christmas to open it!! Unlike some...I LOVE anticipation!!! and despite Karma telling me to go home instantly and OPEN IT!!! (after my kids called me)....I am waiting for Dec. 25th!!! hehehehe!!!! so just know Secret Santa....that I am very much in anticipation of opening your large box that *feels* full and it puts a smile on my face EVERY single morning...I'm am too excited about this LOL...thank you already!!! :D ... how's that for blind faith in my fellow geocoin friend!!! :D :D

Stay tuned :D

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Complete - yes

4. Santa Arrived - yipiee Santa arrived!

Our Secret Santa arrived on Saturday. Sorry we couldn't reply earlier for we were out of town for the weekend.

Wow, our Secret Santa outdid themself!!! I must have been really good this year!

ss2_a.jpg

Santa left a ton of pins for the little Anthus's. They were delighted.

ss2_pins.jpg

Thanks so much!! I was thrilled to get an iCache (on my seeking list) and surprised to get the Dorkfish seahorses (one on my seeking list and one that I wanted but had not put on my seeking list yet) and happy to get the DNF GCF Multi-Even coin -- a clever design (also on my seeking list) and overjoyed to get a GPXNavigator pathtag (Jeeps, my favorite!). We love them all and I get to cross more coins off my seeking list! :D

Merry Christmas......Anthus :rolleyes: