Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

xmasln7.gif

I had not been to the PO in the last two days. The hubby made a trip up that way and brought back a pile of mail. As he dumped it on my desk he said, "There are three packages in the back seat!" Could it be? Three? Oh ya! I have been doing the eBay thing getting stuff for wire wrapping. Took a class a few weeks ago. BUT... Could there be a possibility that maybe one was a Secret Santa package??? Maybe two of them??? I went out and gathered the boxes up and hurried back to my desk. Yep, one was auction stuff. OH GOODIE. The second one was diffently from a Secret Santa. Hmmmmmmm! Was this thrid one a not so Secret Santa or an auction item???

xmasln7.gif

Mission #1

1. Participating: Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name:11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: YES!

4. Santa Arrived:Did it ever!!!

xmasln7.gif

Throwing the box with the auction items aside, I turned my attention back to third box. Oh well! No better time to find out as now! Yep!! Both Secret Santa packages in one day! OH MY! WOW...HO WOW... I keep pulling goodie after goodie out. When I thought I was through I found even more! Santa knew that I love purple and must have peaked into my "Seek List". He sent me a Silver & Purple "Keep on Cachin" coin tucked inside a flim canister. Then there was a great looking Trigo coin. Just love those flames. There was a cute little Xmas bag filled with LolliPops, an ornament filled with jelly beans and a Holiday pin. There was a chocolate covered peanut butter tree. It didn't last long after the picture because I had to eat it to keep up my energy level as I was fading fast from all the excitement of all the great things. After a deep breath I continued on. There were two cute antenna balls, a Santa and a red hatted, w/purple star, cow girl. A fabulous little Dream Catcher key ring, snow flake ornament, 2007 yin yang global positioning pin, holiday candle (which I lite right away) and a nice Christmas card. Did I forget anything??? Nope! Thank you... Thank you... Not so Secret Santa.

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

xmasln7.gif

Mission #2

1. Participating:Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name: 11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: Done

4. Santa Arrived:OH YA!!!

xmasln7.gif

On to the second Secret Santa box. OK... The outside of the box didn't give this Santa away. Maybe something inside might! Love all the squiggly red & green confetti paper. After peeling off the top layer I find three Xmas boxes. Upon opening each one I had to dig through more squiggly paper, but it was worth it. Each one held a precious coin. A Black Nickel Nscaler, a Gold KevinG68 and a copper Thorny. I started to have that faint feeling again. But low and behold I pull out a red Xmas ornament filled with mini candy bars. Of course first came the picture then the candy went By-By! Now with my energy newly restored I continued on. This Santa read up on my new obsession of rock hounding. For there was a padded envelope with "For the Budding Rockaholic" and a cute hand drawn Christmas tree. Of course I had to do the squeeze thing before opening it. It was fairly heavy and flat. Upon opening it I pulled out a gorgrous agate. Turning over the baggy it was in, I see that Santa gave me a hint of what kind of agate. First I thought it was a Plume Agate aquired from Graveyard Point. I immediately jumped onto the computer and punched in the agates name. I found out that it is a Graveyard Point Plum Agate found in Eastern Oregon. I was sure it wasn't store bought, as it looked ruff cut. I can't wait till I get a stone cutter and polisher. This will be one of the first I polish! I defiantly want to check out the area this agate is found at next year when we go to another GPAA outing in the Burnt River Canyon area. Well... I didn't find anything to help me idenify this Secret Santa. Hmmmmm! Maybe the golly guy or gal is a rockaholic themself? Maybe they live in E. Oregon? I will probably never know! But that isn't a bad thing. It is very exciting opening packages from the unknown and finding great surprizes! Thank You VERY much Secret Santa.

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

mxmas_e0.gif

To my Secret Santa's

Wow, Wow, wow, Diane!

Hi!

I just heard that my package arrived at my Secret Santa recipient! Ho, Ho, Ho!!! Glad they liked... this was the first year I've ever done anything like this...it was great fun playing Santa! Looking at some of the photos posted, next year I am going to really going to step it up a notch and get fancy! Maybe even do a few!!! ;) Hope to hear from my Secret Santa soon!! Merry Christmas to All!! :D DrJeepStr

I have to agree! This was a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed seeing all the photos and hearing the stories. :D I'm already looking forward to doing this again! :D

1. Participating-10/28/07

2. Received Name-11/17/07

3. Mission Complete-Left the North Pole today (11/30/07)

4. Santa Arrived-12/11/07 ;)

What a great package came today! I was able to move two coins from my seeking list to my keeper list. A very neat Islander1988 stone and a Geotag. Thanks so much!!!

Edited by Traderdell

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Ive been pretty good this year but not this good, it seemed like I was opening and opening and there was just more and more it was pretty awesome

Much Thanks to my Secret Santa

Almost makes me believe again in the guy in the red suit. of course thepeople in this forum have a very giving nature

Ive been pretty good this year but not this good, it seemed like I was opening and opening and there was just more and more it was pretty awesome

Much Thanks to my Secret Santa

Almost makes me believe again in the guy in the red suit. of course thepeople in this forum have a very giving nature

Hehe.. But the picture proves you were naughty....the red bag says so and you got coal!!! ;)

Resistance is futile -- Mission #2 got opened

love the sparkly squiggly stuff, wish I could take animated pictures because the sparkly stuff sort of shifts its sparkles. very cool

chapstick and M's and bandaids, great caching requirements! and glasses that when you look through them at lights its sparkly and snowy

3f46d87c-8b6a-4f8b-a98e-43773de0b89f.jpg

lookee!! a set of Team Sand Dollars legend coins AND a green seahorse.

I am going to start an aquarium line in my display case to go with my produce aisle

1b7db939-5834-4b4f-b790-eed5f26f4a23.jpg

and that long goldish thing is the ribbon from the coin box. I took it off without cutting it!

That was a requirement when I was a kid; save the ribbons, save the paper, we even ironed the stuff!

So I am still quite proud when I can get a ribbon off without hurting it...

Fun to get today's mail and find something from Secret Santa 46038! :D

Great choices, Santa!! There's a 2007 USA Flag coin, a 2006 Canals of Indiana coin, a cool Paperless Caching Assistant coin (first time I've seen this one!) And two neat pins...Original Stash and the cute smilie. :D I have not purchased one single pin as of yet, but I think Santa will have me started on an additional addiction! ;):D:D

Thank you, Santa!

Edited by VirginiaGator

I received a very nice & unexpected surprise in the mail today from Sweden! The post man started to bring it to my door, saw my dog in the window, threw it on the chair outside & took off, lol.

Inside I found all kinds of wrapped goodies:

b44aa3e1-8014-43dc-9391-17e844d99c11.jpg

First I opened a nice fat package. Unfortunately over the years I have conditioned my dog to think that anything that is wrapped in paper is for him. I just love wrapping Christmas presents for him :D As I started unwrapping this present he got really, really excited. Then when he saw it was a stuffed animal inside he just about peed himself. It was a cute little Swedish Santa stuffed animal. Cati eyeballed that thing for at least 20 minutes. He was not happy with me since I wouldn't let him have it :D Who says dogs don't hold grudges?

Next I unwrapped all kinds of goodies. There was a really pretty doily (sp?) inside, a yummy candy bar that did not last long, some totally cute snowmen, some Christmas napkins written in Swedish, some adorable traditional Christmas postcards in Swedish, a dolphin & 2 fish that have bath gel inside of them, a very cute magnet, and some little signature items and a sweet card. Here's a pic:

12fd11cd-a109-46b6-88cb-8c3a9933fda1.jpg

Thank you Mousekakat & Solan109 for your wonderful gift. I absolutely loved it! I promise to keep the santa away from Cati too ;)

I received a very nice & unexpected surprise in the mail today from Sweden! The post man started to bring it to my door, saw my dog in the window, threw it on the chair outside & took off, lol.

Inside I found all kinds of wrapped goodies:

First I opened a nice fat package. Unfortunately over the years I have conditioned my dog to think that anything that is wrapped in paper is for him. I just love wrapping Christmas presents for him :D As I started unwrapping this present he got really, really excited. Then when he saw it was a stuffed animal inside he just about peed himself. It was a cute little Swedish Santa stuffed animal. Cati eyeballed that thing for at least 20 minutes. He was not happy with me since I wouldn't let him have it :D Who says dogs don't hold grudges?

Next I unwrapped all kinds of goodies. There was a really pretty doily (sp?) inside, a yummy candy bar that did not last long, some totally cute snowmen, some Christmas napkins written in Swedish, some adorable traditional Christmas postcards in Swedish, a dolphin & 2 fish that have bath gel inside of them, a very cute magnet, and some little signature items and a sweet card. Here's a pic:

Thank you Mousekakat & Solan109 for your wonderful gift. I absolutely loved it! I promise to keep the santa away from Cati too ;)

You're welcome! Sorry I didn't know about Cati, I would have sent a little something puppy related, too!

I meant to let you know about the little dolls, they are made of linen fibers. Each area of Sweden has a sort of "state flower" and ours is linen. They take the stems of the plant and "hack" at it with a big wooden knife and it breaks down into those fibers like that. The flowers on the doll are the flowers from the plant, and they have seeds in them if you want to grow some yourself. The flowers are a beautiful light lilac blue color :D

Glad you enjoyed the package! You deserve it for all you did here! Oh, and the napkins say "Merry Christmas" in Swedish :D The santa, in Swedish, is called a Tomte (tom-teh) just so you know :D

Naomi

:D Mission # 1:

1. Participating - Confirmation received!

2. Received Name - YES 11/18/07

3. Mission Complete - 12-10-07 - DONE

4. Santa Arrived - YES :D:unsure:

And here are the promised pictures:

After a pretty hectic day at work in a new job, I came home to a big (did I say big, ahmmm, I ment humongous !!!) yellow envelope. Getting ready to open it up, I felt like a little boy again getting something special for Christmas,------ after all it said SECRET SANTA on the envelope and what was even better it had MY name on it (and not like other packages of this size coming in, which normally either have that of my children or my wife on it :D).

And I tell you what I got someting special.

DSCN6620.jpg

DSCN6623.jpg

DSCN6625.jpg

Not only 4 instead of three coins, but a whole load of other things in this lovely envelope, including a Christmas Ornament, some Christmas candy, MY OWN SNOW :) (and that in Southern Mississippi!!!!!!) in a little vial to be used again if kept clean :) next year, some more candy and some hot chocolate. And all of that actually fit into a bright read stocking.

Thank you my (not so) secret Santa. I do love all of it, and I will have to remove some coins of my seeking list to my keeper list.

Thank You my Secret Santa. And Merry Christmas to you. :D

WOW is all I can say. I had recieved both of my secret santa missions so was not looking for anything when I went to get the mail. I opened my mailbox and there was a padded envelope from Dorkfish so I start thinking about what did I buy or trade. I take the mail inside and open it and there is a little sticky note that says this is from you secret santa. So I open the little present and there is a santa seahorse. I was so excited. So I want to say thank you to Karma for mailing it and Thank You to my Secret Santa what a great surprise. Thanks so much.

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Complete - yes

4. Santa Arrived - yes!

My geocoin Santa package arrived today!

I got the Guardians of the cache 4 coin set. This is a really cool set that I missed out on.

I also got a Lyonden_Ut geonerd. Very cool!

Thank you very much to my Secret Santa!!!!!

So I managed to resist for one day... To remind loyal viewers of where we were in our saga...

83c3ec54-4242-4fcc-b9cc-9a1738df9d58.jpg

And to continue on...

a1b2b8c5-ce62-417c-a89d-07a6aad9f20d.jpg

What's that I see amid the peppermint candy wrappings and wrapping paper ?

Could it be ????

Yes it could !!

aeb0dc5e-d4c8-474a-ac14-dd136f288f14.jpg

Bart (the geocaching bear) is seriously beside himself !! He has always admired DHENNINGER and here's a package that contains

DHENNINGER's pathtag

DHENNINGER's GW4 coin

DHENNINGER's 2007 coin with the caching partners on the back

Thanks for the Cache coin

Caching Through the Snow 2006

AND

this majorly cool 2007 Christmas coin / token handmade coolness (sorry about the bad pics)

Thank you thank you thank you. Bart is so very very pleased !! And so am I !!

33183820-abe2-4f16-b46f-35f761817109.jpgcf30123e-f8b8-411b-8075-25c645c9ea74.jpg

santa_signal.gif 1. Participating - email sent 30/11/07

santa_signal.gif 2. Received Name - emai received 01/12/07

santa_signal.gif 3. Mission Complete - packeg sent 10/12/07

santa_signal.gif 4. Santa Arrived - received 12/12/07

BabboNatale046.gif

dsc03986xxby0.th.jpgdsc03991xxoe9.th.jpgdsc03990xxsv3.th.jpg

Thank you very much! The geocoin selection is outstanding.

Thanks my Secret Santa.

Regards from Portugal.

Merry Christms...

...and...

...a Happy New Year to all.

Mission 1

1. Participating - Email Sent

2. Received Name - Home work done

3. Mission Complete - Sent today

4. Santa Arrived - WOOHOO!!!!

Mission 2

2. Received Name - Home work done :unsure:

3. Mission Complete - Will be sent tomorrow

4. Santa Arrived

Missions completed :D !

Woke up today to a Secret Santa package waiting for me!!! Here are the pictures:

Letter from my Secret Santa

DSC_3683.jpg

Package for ornaments

DSC_3684.jpg

Cute little tree my Secret Santa sent me to place my packages under!

DSC_3685.jpg

At the request of my Secret Santa I have to wait until Christmas to open my packages. Do you think I can wait????

Mission # 1

1. Participating - e-mail sent - 10/28/2007 :D

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :)

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 I'm glad that one mission has made it to it's recipiant!!! I'm happy you like everything. :D

4. Santa Arrived - Still nothing yet... :):D:D

Mission # 2

1. Participating - e-mail sent 10/28/2007 :D

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :D

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 :D This one has to travel to Canada. It's on it's way & should get there by sometime next week. :)

4. Santa Arrived - Still nothing yet... :unsure::D:D

CF30

Mission 1

Mission 2

2. Received Name - Home work done :unsure:

4. Santa Arrived

Missions completed :D !

Woke up today to a Secret Santa package waiting for me!!! Here are the pictures:

DSC_3683.jpg

Package for ornaments

DSC_3684.jpg

DSC_3685.jpg

At the request of my Secret Santa I have to wait until Christmas to open my packages. Do you think I can wait????

Oh man, That's gotta be rough.

Mission 1

Mission 2

2. Received Name - Home work done :D

4. Santa Arrived

Missions completed :unsure: !

DSC_3683.jpg

Package for ornaments

DSC_3684.jpg

DSC_3685.jpg

That is absolutely adorable! Knowing you, you will wait to open them but you will have torn little pieces off of the packages tryign to peak inside :D

Santa must be on vacation, catching some rays before the big day.

I got a package today with a return address at the North Pole, but postmarked in Texas. If I were the big guy, I'd take the time too!

On opening the package, I found three coins that were on my mental wish list, but which probably aren't on my real wish list yet. So it looks like Santa really did check his list twice... :unsure: Also some Bumble Buttons and a cross-stitched ornament.

mission2005.jpg

Thanks to my sun-seeking secret santa!

Secret Santa package showed up yesterday and I've been chasing the cat around ever since trying to get the Pet Hat on him for some picture. He won't have a thing to do with it and I've got the claw marks to prove it. With any luck maybe I can find a stand in.

Want to THANK the OTE's for all the great stuff. The Pet Hat, Land Shark, Signal pin, Geocaching Makes You Happy, OTE, and of course my favorite, go figure, Tortoise and Hare.

wow, I just LOVE all the pics and stories, I can hardly wait till the person I sent to receives their package and even better will be when mine gets here, how do they sing that song? "Anticipation" really stretched out. :D great job to all you have really outdone yourselves. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas.

We have friends all ready traveling, so just want everyone to be safe.....

1. Participating :D

2. Received Name :D

3. Mission Complete :D

4. Santa Arrived W00T! B)

Just when I think I've seen all of the clever Secret Santa missions, I receive this incredible package.

0adbf9bb-277c-4f4d-a7c6-0a4621e83776.jpg

I opened the box, lifted the lid and found a cute card with a skating Santa. :DUnder the card were two doors!

a47cfc77-7202-4ced-8db3-603cdd4d5730.jpg

Hmm, a side for Good Geocachers and a side for Bad Geocachers!

368d0af7-8ee9-49ed-9333-eada1fb30ad7.jpg

I pulled on the little gold ribbon on the right and two little packages were revealed for Bad Geocachers.

ed02d411-2493-4da9-a51e-91a2a172da60.jpg

Then, I opened the flap on the left and saw lots of goodies for Good Geocachers!

Hmm, what to do? I wanted to see what Bad Geocachers had in store so I opened those packages first- a Super Duper Reindeer Pooper and two lumps of coal in a pretty velvet bag! :D

c982e48c-4ced-447e-adda-15aefd25e6be.jpg

Now, for the goodies for Good Geocachers! My Secret Santa picked out some perfect little presents for me -- a mini Snoopy ornament B) and a Skeeter Bait ornament! Now, isn't that perfect for a geocacher! And, the coins are awesome -- two coins from Follow the Quilt Trail -- County Fair and Stars Over Tennessee -- and a purple glitter seahorse and a Sweetlife Nerd and a box of candy Nerds to boot!

Barry and Val, you are awesome Secret Santas!! :D Thank you so very much!! :D

We are glad you loved your secret santa mission. We wanted to make it as funny as we could since we love Christmas and love making new friends and love to be silly as can be. That is just in our nature. When we decorated the box, we know that when that package arrived in the mail you knew it was your secret mission had arrived.:D Hope you love your quilt coins, we felt bad after sending them two more came out, maybe you can get a present for yourself and get the other two for yourself if you been good this year. They sure are some heafty coins. When we found the moose poop thing and seen santa sitting on the roof top they both had to do with poop, lol we had to lauph. We had a blast with this mission and cant wait for the next one.

Well be good now and hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Holidays.

Barry and Val/sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

Wow - what a great package I received today! There's a great 2008 Geocaching Calendar with awesome pictures taken all over the UK and some of the most adorable dogs (the doxies were especially impressed). Proceeds from the Calendar benefit Dogs for the Disabled and Berkshire Search & Rescue Dogs, and I will treasure it. Then there was chocolate (can't go wrong that), a Santa Hat, a Berkshire Search & Rescue Dogs geocoin, a Fiffnruss & Pirate Matt geocoin, a GeoDog geocoin, a Union Jack keychain, and a pathtag from Dorsetgal and GeoDog. What a great gift! Thank you so much Secret Geocoin Santa (aka Dorsetgal & GeoDog) - You're too generous! Have a very Merry Christmas and great New Year!

SecretSantaPackage.jpg

SecretSantaGeocoins.jpg

Lil Weasel

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

4. Santa Arrived - yes!

Brewer Chef

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

4. Santa Arrived - yes!

FuRbRaT

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

4. Santa Arrived - not yet :D

Lil Weasel was so happy with his secret santa. He got his yesterday. He says Thank you! Thank you! He got 4 coins! (Schooner coin, #1 Fort Sutner coin, 8 muddy feet spinner, Mr Explorer Jersey Shirt coin) That was really nice Santa!

Brewer Chef got a really nice package also with some extra goodies. A HTF Black Centris coin- (How cool is that?)Red Glitter Holiday Gnome, The Night Cachers coin and Kiana Lys coin along with a geocaching stocking, geocaching wristband, candy cane, black dog beanie baby and a lanyard! WOW!!! Did I say WOW?!

FuRbRaT hasnt gotten hers yet. Maybe tomorrow! Pictures will be posted soon

Thank you so much to our secret Santas!

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

My Secret Santa package arrived, and I can truly say I am not sure it to thank B) I might have to do a little detective work but in the mean time I just wanted to say THANK YOU :D :D :D

I opened the envelope and out poured red and green packages, one after another...then I thought about putting them on the tree, NOT, threw that thought right out the window, OPEN OPEN OPEN, my ind kept shouting, so I grabbed the camera and took a picture, then the next think I knew caoins were falling all around me, good thing I was sitting on the floor :(

santamissisonwraped.jpg

snatamission2.jpg

Received a Peace Christmas Ornament, A camo bracelet, a patch and a cute Travel Penguin tag, I really had wanted one of those and a Green Seahorse and others that I hate to call by the wrong name, I will go on a hunt and edit to add them ;)

Just suffice to say that who ever you are - you did an outstanding job since my trade/want list is WAY behind. :D This really put the holiday spirit in my evening B)

Merry Christmas everyone.